The Student Room Group

Woodhouse college 2014-2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rhadawey
I read on their twitter page, around 2 weeks ago. Someone tweeted them asking and they said that they don't give out direct offers. Are you sure? 😁 I'm pretty sure they don't, I'll check just in case I'm wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I recall unconditional offers, whereby they have no interview and guaranteed a place
Original post by Iqbal007
I recall unconditional offers, whereby they have no interview and guaranteed a place

Hey man, do you go / went to woodhouse?
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Hey man, do you go / went to woodhouse?

I used to go...attending the isocs alumni dinner this Sunday :smile:
Original post by Iqbal007
I used to go...attending the isocs alumni dinner this Sunday :smile:

Nice man, how was your time there? Did you enjoy it and how did you do academically? Also did you do an interview to get in, if so what did they ask if you remember :wink:
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Nice man, how was your time there? Did you enjoy it and how did you do academically? Also did you do an interview to get in, if so what did they ask if you remember :wink:

I certainly enjoyed it, first month or so is daunting as your expanding your friendship group as they have two linked schools who don't have their own 6th forms. But eventually things open up, definitely a very sociable and active kind of people attend it.

Longer days, longer classes, lots of study space, football pitch always open, huge out field.
They copy university Wednesdays, where the day ends around lunch and afternoon is with clubs aka mandatory enrichment activities in first year.

I would say I did well in first year, slight drop in second year though, had bunched exams sadly.

Yep interview, I had Mr Morton, got given maths questions as I applied for further mathematics, also questions in regard to travel to college, university, what I wanted to do.
Bit confused here, but what's the difference between unconditional offers, conditional offers and direct offers?
(I've got my interview on the 23rd of February too)
Original post by Salma_SDKA
Bit confused here, but what's the difference between unconditional offers, conditional offers and direct offers?

Unconditional offer is basically you have a guaranteed place, without an interview, same as a direct offer.
Conditional offer is a place given to you with meeting certain grades and in this case after an interview
Ok thanks 👊

An unconditional offer is only given to students in exceptional circumstance that have already done their GCSEs and gained the relevant grades needed for the specified courses

A direct offer is an offer given to the student who has excellent grades and extra curricular activies and they then do not need an interview they only need to achieve a GPA of 6.0 to get their place its still CONDITIONAL
Same what

Same what times yours? With what teacher?
Reply 30
Original post by UltimateLad1
Same what

Same what times yours? With what teacher?

Me too! I'm at 10 am, what times are your interviews at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My interview is on the 23rd of Feb at 9am. The teacher I've got is Tina Schaffer (Law teacher) in room 37, zone g. I have no idea where that is so I'm just gonna wing it.
Reply 32
My one is with Binnaz Harris zone I, 10am. I don't know where that is either 😂 Also planning to wing it. I read on their website that she's a Psychology teacher but then I asked a student who's currently attending woodhouse and she told me that she's part of student support and stuff. So I'm a bit confused, I'm assuming that she's both a psychology teacher and part of student support 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Me too! I'm at 10 am, what times are your interviews at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Minez at 9:30am lol might see you
My interview is on the 23rd of Feb at 9am. The teacher I've got is Tina Schaffer (Law teacher) in room 37, zone g. I have no idea where that is so I'm just gonna wing it.

Lol mines at 9:30 might seeeeee you
Reply 35
Even if we see each other we wouldn't recognise one another though 😂😂 haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone's interviews go?
Reply 37
Mine went reaaalllyyyy well! I was so happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine went reaaalllyyyy well! I was so happy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same my interviewer was really cool
Hey guys

I'm an ex-woody too (2012-2014)

I got a direct offer, so I'm not sure how helpful I'll be regarding interview advice, but if you have any questions about life at Woodhouse in general or, more specifically, studying maths, biology, chemistry and history there, then I'd be happy to answer them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest