The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Brighton Fashion and Business offers?

Hey! I had an interview for fashion and business studies at Brighton University 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I was told i'd hear back by now, what does it mean if i havent? My friends who had their interview the morning of mine were offered places last week. has anyone been given offers yet? is brighton known for being long, or do they not really want me? sorry for waffling on, it would be great to hear back!!
Thanks!
:smile:
Reply 1
Hi! I was wondering too about this... Have they informed you during these three weeks? They haven't done anything with my UCAS too... Have you received any offers?
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey! I finally found out last week! been given a conditional offer. When was your interview? Brighton seem to be all over the place with getting back to interviewees! majority of people i know who also applied, found out within a week! but took a month with me! I wouldnt worry about it. Maybe you should ring them up just ask if everything is ok, or if a decision had been made? I did this! Think it worked in my favour! And my UCAS hasnt changed yet either! they said in the message that they were being really slow with it this year with Brighton! And yes, i have also recieved offers from de montfort University and UCA rochester - the only places i applied to. Where have you applied and recieved any offer so far? Brighton is my top choice!!
Reply 3
Original post by Samjsnow176
Hey! I finally found out last week! been given a conditional offer. When was your interview? Brighton seem to be all over the place with getting back to interviewees! majority of people i know who also applied, found out within a week! but took a month with me! I wouldnt worry about it. Maybe you should ring them up just ask if everything is ok, or if a decision had been made? I did this! Think it worked in my favour! And my UCAS hasnt changed yet either! they said in the message that they were being really slow with it this year with Brighton! And yes, i have also recieved offers from de montfort University and UCA rochester - the only places i applied to. Where have you applied and recieved any offer so far? Brighton is my top choice!!

wow...Congratulations! Are you doing Foundation degree or A level? I just found out I got rejected. This time is no good for me. I applied to CSM, LCF, CCW (yes, mostly UAL), Westminster, and Brighton, and I have got rejected by CSM, Westminster, and now Brighton..... Brighton mentioned something about not enough UCAS Points and I don't quite understand it because I am from a Foundation course. I think I need to call them.
Hello! Honestly don't stress about 2 weeks I had to wait 7 weeks today to hear back and I've just had my conditional come through so in this case just prevail and the best of luck! Xx
Reply 5
I found out 2 weeks ago too! is Brighton your first choice? If so maybe we should talk!? It would be good to get to know someone already who will be on the course!

And I am studying the foundation diploma course! That's really odd though, When I rang them up, they told me that they were taking a while as they has to put people with the exact entry requirements through first, before considering ones below them - I didn't have the entry requirements and I got in so may be you should contact them!!

Also, do either of you have online portfolios? It would be really interesting to see and browse if you didnt mind?!
Brighton is my first choice and I'm just waiting for Middlesex to put on ucas my offer so I can make that my insurance place but I also got a place at uca Rochester for the atelier course! I only really instagram my work as I'm doing it in college (I'm on a ual foundation)!
Reply 7
Original post by Gracevlrobinson
Brighton is my first choice and I'm just waiting for Middlesex to put on ucas my offer so I can make that my insurance place but I also got a place at uca Rochester for the atelier course! I only really instagram my work as I'm doing it in college (I'm on a ual foundation)!

You are from UAL Foundation? Sorry this maybe OT but how is UAL Foundation actually? I have heard good things and bad things at the same time so I dont really understand. And would you mind if I ask you why you wont apply to UAL campuses for the BA? Thank you!
Well I'm doing a ual awarded foundation through a smaller college in Somerset but ual marks and endorses it and we do the same programme of work just at a different site! The work is really intense for us in fashion especially and turn around of projects has to be done quickly! So for my course I'd say it's a good one but we get pushed to produce degree work now whilst perhaps other subject areas aren't as heavy? And I did apply but I applied to csm and lcf for Fashion promotion and communication and creative direction for fashion, csm came back as unsuccessful from my online mini port , I had an interviews at lcf in which they told me they thought I showed a lot of talent but felt I was more design based so they passed me on to a different course ( as you can tell this is a very long winded annoying process) but that basically came back as unsuccessful As well! I'm predicted a distinction in my foundation so I'd go to say ual irregardless of where you do your foundation are just really tough to get into! But hey, got into Brighton and they score better on the 2013 art and design uni league tables so I don't really mind :smile:
Reply 9
I have found Brighton to be a bit unorganised at first too. I didn't hear after I sent the mini portfolio, so I emailed them and they said via email that I was unsuccessful. I was devastated as this course is my first choice, I asked for feedback and a few weeks later they said there was a mistake and invited me for an interview! I had the interview last week and the next day they emailed saying they would like to offer me a place. It hasn't come through on ucas yet but I am so happy. Would love to chat to others on the course :smile:
Reply 10
hi im a prospectus student for 2014 and i read on here about your online portfolios, i was just wondering if any of you still have them and if i would be able to see them!?
Reply 11
Hey! I had an interview for fashion and business studies at Brighton University 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I was told i'd hear back by now, what does it mean if i havent? My friends who had their interview the morning of mine were offered places last week. has anyone been given offers yet? is brighton known for being long, or do they not really want me? sorry for waffling on, it would be great to hear back!!
Thanks!

can i ask what your interview was like for this course?
Reply 12
Thanks!

hey did you get into this course last year? could you tell me a bit about what the interview was like?
Reply 13

hi could i ask what your interview was like for this course?? would be very grateful to know the type of things they ask etc
Original post by arty1234
can i ask what your interview was like for this course?

Did you go to the interview ? How was it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending