The Student Room Group

st olaves sixth form exam

Scroll to see replies

I didn't do that question
Original post by rsabh
for the science exams should i look at different gcse boards?

I sat the biology and chemistry exams two years ago, there was a lot of stuff on evaluating experiments so you don't really need to know a lot it's more about applying what they having given you
Reply 82
How did people find the exam?
Reply 83
Original post by rsabh
How did people find the exam?

I Thought it went well!
What subjects did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by diana99
I Thought it went well!

I did 3 sciences and maths, didn't find them too hard but made the stupidest mistakes :frown:
what subjects did you do?
[QUOTE="rsabh;53574279"]
Original post by diana99
I Thought it went well!

I did 3 sciences and maths, didn't find them too hard but made the stupidest mistakes :frown:

Same!
Reply 86
Original post by RiseRiot
Original post by rsabh

Same!

I found the physics the hardest, the others fine, just so frustrating about silly mistakes which I knew the answers too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
physics was definitely the hardest for me
Reply 88
[QUOTE="rsabh;53574279"]
Original post by diana99
I Thought it went well!

I did maths,biology,chemistry and physics aswell!
Maths was challenging and the time limited the number of questions I could answer wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="diana99;53729465"]
Original post by rsabh

I did maths,biology,chemistry and physics aswell!
Maths was challenging and the time limited the number of questions I could answer wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same for me, I didn't manage to finish section B

Same for me, I didn't manage to finish section B

You don't need to worry about not finishing the second section. A lot of people in my year didn't manage to and they still got in for Double Maths. :smile:
Original post by Magnesium
You don't need to worry about not finishing the second section. A lot of people in my year didn't manage to and they still got in for Double Maths. :smile:

Cool thanks!
physics was definitely the hardest for me

Same. I found that the hardest, plus some of the stuff do not even appear in my syllabus. Like earth wire, live wire, etc. Although I knew them, it was upsetting and also the electrostatic smoke precipitator? What the hell was that? What did you put down for that please?
Chemistry - some questions I did silly mistakes on. I am so pissed at myself.
Maths - Lovely!
History - Good
Original post by germanshepherd_
Same. I found that the hardest, plus some of the stuff do not even appear in my syllabus. Like earth wire, live wire, etc. Although I knew them, it was upsetting and also the electrostatic smoke precipitator? What the hell was that? What did you put down for that please?
Chemistry - some questions I did silly mistakes on. I am so pissed at myself.
Maths - Lovely!
History - Good

I learnt about the plug stuff just before the exam :smile: I don't think I did the smoke question, but I think you had to talk about the different charges attracting each other...
I learnt about the plug stuff just before the exam :smile: I don't think I did the smoke question, but I think you had to talk about the different charges attracting each other...

Oh okay, what questions did you do, if you remembered them?
And yhh, I talked about that, its like wet scrubbing. But physics element to it too.
What did you put for the possible occupation you might do in the application form... this goes out to everybody. I put engineering (chemical)
Oh okay, what questions did you do, if you remembered them?
And yhh, I talked about that, its like wet scrubbing. But physics element to it too.
What did you put for the possible occupation you might do in the application form... this goes out to everybody. I put engineering (chemical)

I did the plug question and the circuit question, I can't remember the last question I did :/ I put doctor (going into surgery)
I did the plug question and the circuit question, I can't remember the last question I did :/ I put doctor (going into surgery)

Ooooh, medic want to be. That's good. Wow :smile: Many people that applied also want to be medics, hey what group where you in?
Reply 97
Ooooh, medic want to be. That's good. Wow :smile: Many people that applied also want to be medics, hey what group where you in?

I Want to be a medic too!:biggrin:
I was in group green

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! I imagine a lot of people did Biology, Chemistry, Maths and either Physics or a different subject :smile: I was in Orange group, you?
Original post by diana99
I Want to be a medic too!:biggrin:
I was in group green

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! I imagine a lot of people did Biology, Chemistry, Maths and either Physics or a different subject :smile: I was in Orange group, you?

Oh gosh.. So many different coloured groups.. Ohh okay :smile: I was in yellow group. Yhh, many people did. I knew there was competition to be a medic, that is why I decided to do engineering - but I love that too. Hey, do you guys think we are getting our reply letters soon... I am bursting to know... :biggrin:
Did you guys apply to Newstead Wood as well???

Quick Reply

Latest