The Student Room Group

Year 11 boyfriend leaving school

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
Yeah the thought of it makes me wanna puke. :rolleyes:

No we didnt!! im 13 and he is 15 i didnt even know him when i was 12??
When you say leaving school do you mean dropping out or finishing?
Reply 22
Can i tell u all we didnt start dating when i was 12 im dating him now and im 13 and he is 15 only 2 years apart?? and he is gunna be 16 and im gunna be 14 like a 5 weeks after him then he is leaving skl and im going in to year 10?? Thanks for the replys i feel great now... :frown:
Reply 23
Original post by anunoriginaluser
When you say leaving school do you mean dropping out or finishing?

Finishing
Original post by Atlanta445
Finishing

Ah okay, the way you phrased it originally made it sound like he was dropping out because he was 16.

Have a chat with him about it; is he going into further education? If so, it might be easier to meet outside of school hours but you'd need a pretty strong relationship to last you through that, particularly if he's going to university. Ultimately, it's something you need to sort out together.
My boyfriend was in yr 12 whilst I was in yr 10, and he left at the end of the year as he dropped out of his A-Levels. He did really care about me though - we did the whole 'omg i love you' thing xD it seems so cringey now - but he made the effort to meet me after his work and during the weekends, even when he was tired. We're not together anymore, but we still meet up regularly as friends, and i appreciate the effort it takes :3
I see everyone talking here about the age gap between you two, but realistically there's not much wrong with it as long as your parents are aware and you're happy with everything... But just speak to him and say you're worried you two won't be able to spend as much time together... If he's really into you then he will find a way to sort it out, and if he can't do that, well, boyfriends are never essential to happiness ^-^
I think the confusion came in because you said you'd been together for a year or two but if you met him last Summer then that's less than a year.

On to your actual point, if you like each other enough you will make the effort to see each other whenever you can, and if you don't then you won't. It really is that simple.
Reply 27
Sis I went out with a yr 11 when I was in yr 9 we are still together I’m now in yr 12 you will be fine xx
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending