The Student Room Group

AQA Biology UNIT 1 21st May 2015

So this is the official thread for the AQA Biol 1 exam, I looked to see if there are any other forums for this exam this year but I cant seem to find any but if you do just let us know!

How's revision going and how did the mocks go?
Reply 1
https://docs.google.com/folderview?usp=drive_web&pli=1&id=0B8rrkIpd4s1gQ3J2Sk5RMi1ScTJ5WG9RbUFabXcxQQ#docId=0B8rrkIpd4s1gOVNlRU80dmxRR3VSdmd6Mjk3WVRLZw

these are some notes I found-I did not make them, its just a link I got from another thread from previous years
Original post by costa_chic
So this is the official thread for the AQA Biol 1 exam, I looked to see if there are any other forums for this exam this year but I cant seem to find any but if you do just let us know!

I thought the June 2014 paper (well, the mark scheme anyway) was awful. Haven't really started revision yet. Probably should.
We haven't even got our mock results back yet!

But otherwise everything is going well. Slightly worried about the EMPA though. :smile:
really worried about the EMPA too :frown:
Original post by SubwayLover1
really worried about the EMPA too :frown:

I'm looking at past papers etc and it seems like the answers are really obvious, but I always over think it and get it wrong :biggrin:
Original post by enaayrah
I'm looking at past papers etc and it seems like the answers are really obvious, but I always over think it and get it wrong :biggrin:

I hate the practical part :frown:
I did unit 1 last year the exam was awful which if you've seen it you'll understand, I don't think it'll be that hard again this year, so you should all be fine. Also a lot of my class were worried about the EMPA but not one of us got lower than a B, just make sure you read everything a couple of times and you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by costa_chic

I got a C in the June 14 paper, only because of the poor mark scheme.
i am worried about the practical exam, but mine is an ISA not an EMPA.
does anyone have any idea on what its going to be???
Original post by jasdhesi95
I got a C in the June 14 paper, only because of the poor mark scheme.
i am worried about the practical exam, but mine is an ISA not an EMPA.
does anyone have any idea on what its going to be???

i'm currently doing my biology isa, we are doing it on diffusion.

as for the june 14 mock, i got an A but i didnt like the stuff about nutrients and magnesium nitrates or whatever!!
Original post by zainahmed48
i'm currently doing my biology isa, we are doing it on diffusion.

as for the june 14 mock, i got an A but i didnt like the stuff about nutrients and magnesium nitrates or whatever!!

well done.
have you already done the practical?
well done.
have you already done the practical?

yeah we have done, we did it on agar cubes measuring the time it took for an indicator to diffuse into hydrochloric acid and the agar cube to turn yellow. we do paper 2 on tuesday :frown: i hate ISAs
yeah we have done, we did it on agar cubes measuring the time it took for an indicator to diffuse into hydrochloric acid and the agar cube to turn yellow. we do paper 2 on tuesday :frown: i hate ISAs

thanks for the information. please let me know if paper 2 was hard.
good luck, i'm sure you'll do well.
thanks for the information. please let me know if paper 2 was hard.
good luck, i'm sure you'll do well.

thank you very much, i'll let you know whats on it once i get a chance.
thank you very much, i'll let you know whats on it once i get a chance.

cheers!!!!1:biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by tamsinaribena
I did unit 1 last year the exam was awful which if you've seen it you'll understand, I don't think it'll be that hard again this year, so you should all be fine. Also a lot of my class were worried about the EMPA but not one of us got lower than a B, just make sure you read everything a couple of times and you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unit 2 was absolutely horrible! How did u find that and what did u get in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Unit 2 was absolutely horrible! How did u find that and what did u get in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it was pretty awful! Even though some of the questions seemed kind of straight forward now I've got the mark scheme the answers almost don't match up! I actually got a D in it which I wasn't happy with so I'm actually resetting it this year in hopes of getting a much higher grade!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest