The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Year?

Thought I'd start this off if anyone else is deciding on doing this year at Nottingham Uni. Ive pretty much decided this is what im gonna do but if anyone else on here is thinking about this post something in here! :biggrin: Nottingham Uni Looks amazing ngl haha!
Reply 1
Hey man! I'm gonna firm Nottingham for this course, I love the uni 😊 I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go into chemical engineering after the foundation year. What engineering are you thinking of?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Benjy15
Hey man! I'm gonna firm Nottingham for this course, I love the uni ������ I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go into chemical engineering after the foundation year. What engineering are you thinking of?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, after visiting the UCAS open day i really confirmed for myself this is what i want to do! The Uni is really amazing, love the campus hehe. Im quite confident im gonna go into Electrical and Electronic Engineering, always been my area of interest!
Reply 3
Yeah same the open day completely won me over. The foundation team were amazing and funny 👍 nice and what accommodation are you thinking of? I'm thinking broadgate park but one of the past foundation students strongly recommended Raleigh park :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Benjy15
Yeah same the open day completely won me over. The foundation team were amazing and funny 👍 nice and what accommodation are you thinking of? I'm thinking broadgate park but one of the past foundation students strongly recommended Raleigh park :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Were you at the open day on the Wednesday?? Yeah haha I'm thinking broadgate too because it is the self catered accommodation that is closest to our course and the sports area and students union? That's my thinking, but yeah one guy told me Raleigh park is the best too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Naa I went to the open day on the Saturday just gone. That's a fair point it is closer to everything than Raleigh park by quite a bit haha. Haha was it the tall coloured guy with dreadlocks who told you to go Raleigh park (I've forgotten his name :/)?! I think he recommended R.P because it's next to a lidl 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Benjy15
Naa I went to the open day on the Saturday just gone. That's a fair point it is closer to everything than Raleigh park by quite a bit haha. Haha was it the tall coloured guy with dreadlocks who told you to go Raleigh park (I've forgotten his name :/)?! I think he recommended R.P because it's next to a lidl 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahha yeah, He was from electrical engineering aswell so I spoke to him for a while to find out about stuff but mainly I found out about how much money i will need for the alcohol for the first week Ahaha. Yeah he also said its because it's full of medics nurse students (female) hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Haha lucky I only managed to talk to him for like a second before we had to move 😪 ahaha what was the answer to that question?? Hmm that's a good reason to go Raleigh park.. It's like 50:50 between BP and RP 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Benjy15
Haha lucky I only managed to talk to him for like a second before we had to move 😪 ahaha what was the answer to that question?? Hmm that's a good reason to go Raleigh park.. It's like 50:50 between BP and RP 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha he said he couldn't remember haha but another girl said she spent 100 pounds!! Already started putting money aside for that week hehe 😏😏 the foundation team seem so nice too!! The older guy in the glasses omg he's so joke haha!! Nah I'm gonna first choice broadgate just because of its location to the general uni life like sports and etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by dynomit999
Haha he said he couldn't remember haha but another girl said she spent 100 pounds!! Already started putting money aside for that week hehe 😏😏 the foundation team seem so nice too!! The older guy in the glasses omg he's so joke haha!! Nah I'm gonna first choice broadgate just because of its location to the general uni life like sports and etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha he went that hard for freshers... God damn I need to start saving up, gonna have to get a job in the summer! Wow you will loaded for freshers if you stay consistent!! Haha yeah he's a top lad, he was taking the piss out of English students in the talk I was in 😂 that's true it has the best location for self catered, have a good walk every morning to classes (probs not as good with a hangover...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Benjy15
Haha he went that hard for freshers... God damn I need to start saving up, gonna have to get a job in the summer! Wow you will loaded for freshers if you stay consistent!! Haha yeah he's a top lad, he was taking the piss out of English students in the talk I was in 😂 that's true it has the best location for self catered, have a good walk every morning to classes (probs not as good with a hangover...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, Ahah ngl I'm planning to go hard too hehe 😏😏 gonna try and get about 200 pounds for the first week just as spending money on all sorts of stuff.. hehe. Gonna work as soon as my exams as done, need to make quite abit of money this summer! Yeah they all seem very friendly and attracted me further to the course and nottm! I did the walk to broadgate park on my open day and yeah it is quite nice! Haha idk if I'll be walking if I'm hanging hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I just got offered the foundation degree because I didn't quite have the entry requirements for year one. I am seriously considering accepting the offer though I do have an offer from Brunel. What do you guys think I should do?
Reply 12
Original post by Breckons
I just got offered the foundation degree because I didn't quite have the entry requirements for year one. I am seriously considering accepting the offer though I do have an offer from Brunel. What do you guys think I should do?

Congrats on your offer! I'm in the same boat as you as I didn't have the grades to go straight onto the course so I formed Nottingham instead of firming not as reputable universities to go straight on the course. I think it will be worth the extra year because I will catch up on physics as I haven't taken it for a level and so the foundation year will prepare me better for the degree 😊 also Nottingham's campus is amazing and the career prospects is very high 😄 but I don't know much about Brunel so my opinion is slightly one sided. Have you been to both university applicant days?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im in the same boat as you, and went to both uni's for open day but seemed to like brunel more. have you decided what your choice is, I'm can't decide?
Reply 14
I haven't been yet my open day for brunel is next month and Nottingham got back to me so late I don't know if they have anymore applicant days. I'm going to take a drive one day and see it though as it is only an hour away. As it stands I am leaning more for the foundation year as I had a test at Liverpool university and I bombed hard on it so I might need the extra year to get me up to speed. Also as its 7th in England for mechanical engineering I am looking more at the stats as well.
Reply 15
Original post by Benjy15
Congrats on your offer! I'm in the same boat as you as I didn't have the grades to go straight onto the course so I formed Nottingham instead of firming not as reputable universities to go straight on the course. I think it will be worth the extra year because I will catch up on physics as I haven't taken it for a level and so the foundation year will prepare me better for the degree 😊 also Nottingham's campus is amazing and the career prospects is very high 😄 but I don't know much about Brunel so my opinion is slightly one sided. Have you been to both university applicant days?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I haven't been to either I have one at brunel next month and I never got invited to one from Nottingham I know the city so don't have a problem staying there it's just the facilities I don't know anything about but I must say that just looking at where Nottingham is in the university guide and stuff I am slightly more inclined to go there at the minute.
Reply 16
No I haven't been to either I have one at brunel next month and I never got invited to one from Nottingham I know the city so don't have a problem staying there it's just the facilities I don't know anything about but I must say that just looking at where Nottingham is in the university guide and stuff I am slightly more inclined to go there at the minute.

Email the admissions staff and they will reply with all the dates, that's what I had to do. In my opinion, Nottingham's facilities are very good 👍 when I went to my applicant day for Nottingham, I got the feeling that I could study there happily for the years to come 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I firmed Nottingham.
Can't wait for September :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by rose_96
I firmed Nottingham.
Can't wait for September :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will see you there then as I have firmed it as well and sorted my accommodation out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending