The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zamestaneh
I've explained this in my previous posts, refer to them - just because Allah knows what will happen does not mean that he caused it to happen.

But he could have prevented them if they were to cause great harm? Can't Allah do all things? If intervention would've prevented harm then why won't he step in if needs be? It all seems a bit trivial to let such things slide by all for the sake of justice. I'm not referring to homosexuality I'm talking in general terms.
Original post by em211997
I can't find the exact quote directed to me but it's clear we will never see eye to eye on this topic. I believe that LGBT+ people should have the freedom to express themselves and explore there sexuality as any other would and you believe these acts are sinful. We will never agree with each other as I think the advice your preaching is oppressive.

He posted the thread as a Muslim and thus I have to give Islamic advice; if he just came here to make himself feel better for sinning by listening to non-Muslims, he might as well have just said he doesn't want muslims responding because frankly no orthodox Muslim - Sunni or Shia - would say his actions aren't sinful.
He posted the thread as a Muslim and thus I have to give Islamic advice; if he just came here to make himself feel better for sinning by listening to non-Muslims, he might as well have just said he doesn't want muslims responding because frankly no orthodox Muslim - Sunni or Shia - would say his actions aren't sinful.

I'm not denying that but you have your opinion and I have mine. You can't prove yourself right but I also can't prove you wrong and vice versa and saying the quran is your evidence isn't going to be credible when debating logically because religious claims aren't facts. Fact such as the laws of science cannot be debated in this way. Religious truths to you are not necessarily universal. I don't live my life to appease a God which I can't be sure exists and in this case I don't think the OP should want to be involved with a God that condemns him for the way he was born.
Original post by em211997
I'm not denying that but you have your opinion and I have mine. You can't prove yourself right but I also can't prove you wrong and vice versa and saying the quran is your evidence isn't going to be credible when debating logically because religious claims aren't facts. Fact such as the laws of science cannot be debated in this way. Religious truths to you are not necessarily universal. I don't live my life to appease a God which I can't be sure exists and in this case I don't think the OP should want to be involved with a God that condemns him for the way he was born.

He wasnt necissarily born bisexual; although he may have been born with the predisposition to be more responsive to the environment around him (like a society which doesn't discourage non heterosexuality) which eventually caused him to turn into a bisexual.

Regardless, our debate or discussion is pointless since the OP never said what he intended to get out of this thread - he can either choose to accept that acting upon his bisexuality is a sin and seek to take our advice on board, or he can accept it's a sin and leave Islam.
I don't remember getting that from anyone in particular but it's just something that I have picked up and read about :smile: I'm sure NAK does have a video on it though :holmes:

He does indeed - I absolutely love him! Only if every muslim would be like him we wouldn't have a "Radical Islamic Crisis" like the media likes to say now would we. He makes me want to be a muslim sometimes haha. :biggrin: I feel like he should be interviewed by mainstream media more so people see's the beautiful Islam as it is and not a misconstrued version of it.

Edit: You shouldn't ever discourage someone to leave a religion because they don't follow it 100%. If he believes in Allah and believes Muhammed to be a messenger, he believes it. And just because he can't practice self-control doesn't mean he doesn't believe in it, just means he has a hard time to practice his self-control. If the prophet gave up on his ummah (?) like that, there wouldn't be a lot of great muslim figures from history.
(edited 9 years ago)
He wasnt necissarily born bisexual; although he may have been born with the predisposition to be more responsive to the environment around him (like a society which doesn't discourage non heterosexuality) which eventually caused him to turn into a bisexual.

Regardless, our debate or discussion is pointless since the OP never said what he intended to get out of this thread - he can either choose to accept that acting upon his bisexuality is a sin and seek to take our advice on board, or he can accept it's a sin and leave Islam.

I agree with your second point but not with your first. He grew up in a Muslim family that opposes homosexuality, so I think that this would have greater effect. what about those born and raised in Islamic countries who see no form of acceptance? how are they influenced by their environment? surely by your logic their environment should influence them not to be gay would it not?
How are they unjust or not of benefit to society though?

The Quranic laws.

Condemning somebody to hell because of their sexual preference, when it harms no one is abhorrent. Simply saying "Just don't act on it" is equally evil. I'll list some more for you :smile:

The treatment of women as inferior to men

Tabari Vol 9, Number 1754 - "Treat women well, for they are [like] domestic animals with you and do not possess anything for themselves."

The instructions to kill non Muslims

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" -
One of my personal favourite quotes from the Qu'ran

The criticisms of Muslims who don't kill in the name of Islam

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-"

More instructions to kill non believers

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" - lol "religion of peace"

Forced conversions

Qur'an (9:5) "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them..."

Torture of those who resist Islam

Qur'an (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides..."

These are just some of the injustices in your books. Let me know if you want some more.
Original post by Zargabaath
Condemning somebody to hell because of their sexual preference, when it harms no one is abhorrent. Simply saying "Just don't act on it" is equally evil. I'll list some more for you :smile:

Tabari Vol 9, Number 1754 - "Treat women well, for they are [like] domestic animals with you and do not possess anything for themselves."

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" -

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" - lol "religion of peace"

Forced conversions

Qur'an (9:5) "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them..."

Qur'an (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides..."

These are just some of the injustices in your books. Let me know if you want some more.

Ive known about these atrocious quranic verses for a while now :frown:
its been 1400 years has anyone other than ISIS justified them yet???

I see some muslims act like they arent there which is stupid imo
(edited 9 years ago)

Forced conversions

Original post by nmanvi

I see some muslims act like they arent there which is stupid imo

:rofl: Classic non Muslim misunderstanding of the context of those verses. I will explain when I get home from work.
Original post by nmanvi

I see muslims act like they arent there which is stupid imo

These verses can never be justified. Although I think (and hope) you got the word mixed up or I'm interpreting it wrong lol. Unfortunately there are many more incidents not directly related to ISIS that go on in the name of the death-cult of peace

TBH I'm glad many muslims cover their eyes and ignore these quotes though. Imagine if more of them actually followed these verses?
:rofl: Classic non Muslim misunderstanding of the context of those verses. I will explain when I get home from work.

Right, I'm sure they're all actually metaphors for sitting down with the infidels over a cup of tea and politely informing them on Allah's teachings :facepalm:
These verses can never be justified. Although I think (and hope) you got the word mixed up or I'm interpreting it wrong lol. Unfortunately there are many more incidents not directly related to ISIS that go on in the name of the death-cult of peace

TBH I'm glad many muslims cover their eyes and ignore these quotes though. Imagine if more of them actually followed these verses?

Yeah me too, its an interesting trade off.
Ignore bad parts of religion and become fake
or
follow all your religion completely and turn into a beheading monster

The former may be annoying at times (Telling bi people they are going to hell...) but its better that way i guess...
(edited 9 years ago)
It's quite horrifying how so many young people actually think there's something wrong with being bisexual or acting on those feelings. You'd think this was the 14th century, not the 21st judging by some of the comments on here...

Attachment not found
Right, I'm sure they're all actually metaphors for sitting down with the infidels over a cup of tea and politely informing them on Allah's teachings :facepalm:

Original post by nmanvi
Yeah me too, its an interesting trade off.
Ignore bad parts of religion and become fake
or
follow all your completely and turn into a beheading monster

The former may be annoying at times but is better that way i guess

The verses have a very specific context and does not refer to all non-Muslims. The majority of us understand that, that's why we don't have to care; non-Muslims and unlearned Muslims are the only ones disgusted by the verses because they peddle their own misunderstandings of Islam and lack of understansing of Islamic belief :lol:
The verses have a very specific context and does not refer to all non-Muslims. The majority of us understand that, that's why we don't have to care; non-Muslims and unlearned Muslims are the only ones disgusted by the verses because they peddle their own misunderstandings of Islam and lack of understansing of Islamic belief :lol:

Go on then, enlighten us.
Go on then, enlighten us.

Short response: Disbelievers (tribes of Arabia) started war with Muslims for the fact that they were Muslim. Muslims innitally held peace treaties but the disbelievers would breach them. After so long, Muslims are commanded to finally defeat the disbelievers and drive them out because peace had failed. Muslims told to kill the enemy but spare those who put down their arms and repent (by genuinely becoming Muslim). After they were victorious, Muslims did not continue executing the defeated enemy. Muslims who helped defend the Muslim community told that they are better than those who didn't.
Short response: Disbelievers (tribes of Arabia) started war with Muslims for the fact that they were Muslim. Muslims innitally held peace treaties but the disbelievers would breach them. After so long, Muslims are commanded to finally defeat the disbelievers and drive them out because peace had failed. Muslims told to kill the enemy but spare those who put down their arms and repent (by genuinely becoming Muslim). After they were victorious, Muslims did not continue executing the defeated enemy. Muslims who helped defend the Muslim community told that they are better than those who didn't.

Could you point me to the lines in the Qu'ran where it states this please?

EDIT: I mean the bit where it says that this is the only context for all of the verses I posted.
For a perfect, divine book the Qu'ran is awfully hard to understand :wink:

Cheers in advance buddy
(edited 9 years ago)
Could you point me to the lines in the Qu'ran where it states this please?

EDIT: I mean the bit where it says that this is the only context for all of the verses I posted.
For a perfect, divine book the Qu'ran is awfully hard to understand :wink:

Cheers in advance buddy

The context isn't in the Quran; it's in Hadith, the biographies, naratives, documented history etc.
theres always rules and a code of ethics you have to follow.
you cant just pick and choose.
And stop being disrespectful to god.
thankyou.

Latest

Trending

Trending