The Student Room Group

Anyone know of a whole course A-Level book for Maths, English, Physics, Psychology?

I've been studying for A-Levels online so far through various online websites, however, I would like to get the "official" books now. But the books I have found all consist of multiple parts. I don't want to buy 4 books per subject to study for a single test (per subject).

So does anyone know a whole course book that has everything one needs to know about the particular subject test?

For the following subjects, even if you know just one, it would help a lot:
- Maths
- English
- Physics
- Psychology

Thanks a lot! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
CGP offer textbooks that cover the entire GCE A level for a subject. You can find them in Waterstones and WHSmith. They are a good price as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by therobertdaniel
I've been studying for A-Levels online so far through various online websites, however, I would like to get the "official" books now. But the books I have found all consist of multiple parts. I don't want to buy 4 books per subject to study for a single test (per subject).

So does anyone know a whole course book that has everything one needs to know about the particular subject test?

- Maths
- English
- Physics
- Psychology

You'll need to know your exam boards to get the correct books. If your exam board isn't one that has books available, use the specifications to find the exam board with the most similar course to yours.

You're unlikely to find a maths book that will cover the whole course because of the way you have , but you might get core 1/2 combined and core 3/4 combined or similar.

As for physics, you should be able to very easily find a textbook or revision guide covering at least all the AS or all the A2, and probably a combined one, by typing in (your exam board) a level physics into amazon.
@Lau14, Ok, well, I'll keep looking around. The fault might just be my impatience. The number of pages of different books on Amazon and other websites scared me away! And hence why I turned here, as maybe someone might give me a shortcut. :tongue:

Thank you though! :smile:
Original post by Raymat
CGP offer textbooks that cover the entire GCE A level for a subject. You can find them in Waterstones and WHSmith. There are a good price as well.

Thanks, I'll check them out! :smile:

- Maths
- English
- Physics
- Psychology

which exam boards are you using?
Original post by happysmile
which exam boards are you using?

Well, I'm not enrolled in any schools, therefore it doesn't really matter (as far as I know). I'll probably go with Edexcel, but AQA and OCR are just as fine. Mostly to me it's just important that I could learn all the material needed. And if all of it is in one place, it would make the process a bit easier.
Well, I'm not enrolled in any schools, therefore it doesn't really matter (as far as I know). I'll probably go with Edexcel, but AQA and OCR are just as fine. Mostly to me it's just important that I could learn all the material needed. And if all of it is in one place, it would make the process a bit easier.

are you learning AS or A2 content?
for Edexcel Physics for AS we used a book by Mike Benn and Graham George (hodder education) not sure if it's any good though, but Philip Allan have Unit revision guides (the CGP ones probably aren't detailed enough) and the revision guide by Pearson is not bad
Original post by happysmile
are you learning AS or A2 content?
for Edexcel Physics for AS we used a book by Mike Benn and Graham George (hodder education) not sure if it's any good though, but Philip Allan have Unit revision guides (the CGP ones probably aren't detailed enough) and the revision guide by Pearson is not bad

AS and A2 both kind of. I mostly understand the material probably but the vocabulary and the use of words is probably the most important part of it. As I'm not English.

But I'll look further.

Thanks. :smile:
AS and A2 both kind of. I mostly understand the material probably but the vocabulary and the use of words is probably the most important part of it. As I'm not English.

But I'll look further.

Thanks. :smile:

also go on the edexcel exam board website and find past papers, do lots of them and look at the mark schemes! they'll really help a lot :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest