London

Scroll to see replies

Offer for French and Spanish :biggrin:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by charly1004
Yep! I was planning to apply :smile:
Have you already thought about the essays?

A little bit...just jotting down ideas. I really wish that I got 8A*s at GCSE though haha. The first essay question is a bit odd because you have to define what are 'bad choices' and that is very subjective. Wbu?
Original post by sabinaraus
Congrats! :smile: I got one about a week ago, as well. Is it your first choice? I think it will be my insurance.

Thank you, you too! For me it will depend on whether I hear back from other unis like UCL and LSE, if I don't hear from them two I will put it as my first but otherwise it will be my insurance :smile: Where have you applied?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Meertje131
Thank you, you too! For me it will depend on whether I hear back from other unis like UCL and LSE, if I don't hear from them two I will put it as my first but otherwise it will be my insurance :smile: Where have you applied?

Hey I also applied to UCL! :biggrin: but they haven't got back to me since I applied in October, unfortunately. Really hope they'll give us a reply next week!
Apart from UCL and KCL, I also applied to Queen Mary, City university and Birkbeck UoL (offer from all but UCL). If they reject me, King's will be my first choice as well. :smile: What are your thoughts on the fact that it's a new course at King's? Do you think it would be a disadvantage for the first students there?
Yep! I was planning to apply :smile:
Have you already thought about the essays?

Original post by lavidastudent
A little bit...just jotting down ideas. I really wish that I got 8A*s at GCSE though haha. The first essay question is a bit odd because you have to define what are 'bad choices' and that is very subjective. Wbu?

I'll be applying as well :biggrin: Originally I did not intent to (I am European so haven't taken GCSEs), but then I thought why not? It would be great on a CV so it's worth a shot.

The first essay is actually quite strange tbh. I've argued that the state should protect the citizens from their own bad choices, although I have to undergo several stages though before finalising the essay. From the looks of it, I'll be very close to the 1000 word limit.

By the way, "bad choices" refers to anything that basically harms, be it economically, psychologically or physically, the person who is responsible for the consequences of his own actions. I don't think you have to define anything, particularly so since they have added the example, which illustrates the definition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Good luck with that!:tongue:
Original post by *Stefan*
I'll be applying as well :biggrin: ]

Posted from TSR Mobile

May the odds be ever in your favor
Original post by binarythoughts
Good luck with that!:tongue:

Haha... With so many people having 8A*s it's extremely unlikely that anyone from the "future potential" category will be chosen, but it's still worth a shot (the essay is pretty cool :biggrin:o)

Posted from TSR Mobile
May the odds be ever in your favor

Thank you mate! I am certainly not getting my hopes up, so I consider it as a fun academic challenge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha... With so many people having 8A*s it's extremely unlikely that anyone from the "future potential" category will be chosen, but it's still worth a shot (the essay is pretty cool :biggrin:o)

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the topic?
What's the topic?

"It is not the State's job to protect the citizens from the consequences of their own actions... Do you agree?". Up to a 1000 words.

Pretty straightforward, but at the same time difficult to make firm and persuasive points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be applying as well :biggrin: Originally I did not intent to (I am European so haven't taken GCSEs), but then I thought why not? It would be great on a CV so it's worth a shot.

The first essay is actually quite strange tbh. I've argued that the state should protect the citizens from their own bad choices, although I have to undergo several stages though before finalising the essay. From the looks of it, I'll be very close to the 1000 word limit.

By the way, "bad choices" refers to anything that basically harms, be it economically, psychologically or physically, the person who is responsible for the consequences of his own actions. I don't think you have to define anything, particularly so since they have added the example, which illustrates the definition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the advice. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed. No harm in applying
Thank you for the advice. Good luck!

Thank you! Best of luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the advice :smile: I'm a German student so I haven't taken GCSEs as well. I got my offer last week so I haven't started with the essay.

How likely is it to get a scholarship? There are up to 75 and a few are reserved for PPL law students and a lot of them are given to the ones with 8A* so...
Thank you for the advice :smile: I'm a German student so I haven't taken GCSEs as well. I got my offer last week so I haven't started with the essay.

How likely is it to get a scholarship? There are up to 75 and a few are reserved for PPL law students and a lot of them are given to the ones with 8A* so...

Don't really know... but I'd guess that the chances are very low. People with either 8A*s at GCSE or A*A*A (achieved) at A-Level are guaranteed the award, so that means a lot. However, people with such grades are very likely to get into Oxbridge and may prefer these over KCL.

It's generally a pretty complex process, probably for them too, since they can't predict who will firm them or who will miss his offer.
However, people with such grades are very likely to get into Oxbridge and may prefer these over KCL.

My heart wept a little reading this
My heart wept a little reading this

Ahh... Sorry then :smile:

I've personally completely gotten over it now, so didn't consider how it would sound :/
Ahh... Sorry then :smile:

I've personally completely gotten over it now, so didn't consider how it would sound :/

I was half kidding haha
I was half kidding haha

Hahaha... I actually did consider this, but since I wasn't sure I just had to comfort you :P

Latest