The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Just Google Manchester university accommodation and on their page follow the apply options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by TheMysteryMan
Just Google Manchester university accommodation and on their page follow the apply options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the university ID??
I don't have one .
I'm not sure whether to apply today or after the open house :L
What were your choices? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1682
Original post by TheGemini
I don't have one .

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you have got any letters from the uni its at the top of those

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rvd1
If you have got any letters from the uni its at the top of those

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh right thankyou :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't have one .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Denmark road, (sheavyn house)?, and i forget my third....weston i think.
Anybody already applied for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most people probably will have by now, it's been open since mid-December.
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Most people probably will have by now, it's been open since mid-December.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is my 2nd choice - but looks like a really fun uni - fingers crossed I'll get it!!!
Are there any law offer holders? I'm kinda nervous as Manchester is a big city and I've never lived in one. Is it really noisy?
Original post by emliche
Are there any law offer holders? I'm kinda nervous as Manchester is a big city and I've never lived in one. Is it really noisy?

I'm an adult nursing offer holder. But I already live in Manchester, have done most of my life. It is a really big city but I love it. Yes it's noisy like all big cities but you'll get used to it. Go to a manchester uni open day and have a look around :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1690
Original post by DuncanMalcolm
This is my 2nd choice - but looks like a really fun uni - fingers crossed I'll get it!!!

Manchester is my second choice too! :smile: What's your first? And what have you applied for? I got an offer for Social Anthropology in October and when I went to the taster day last year I absolutely loved the uni!
Thanks for the advise, I have been to an open day and I did love Manchester, so I hope I wont have any problems with the noise.
Anyone know what Denmark road accommodations like? Looks nice and modern but is it as sociable as other halls and is it quiet and lot of international students?
Original post by JoshH3
Anyone know what Denmark road accommodations like? Looks nice and modern but is it as sociable as other halls and is it quiet and lot of international students?

I'm also interested! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1694
Anyone had interview yet? got mine in march for electrical and electronic engineering. can someone tell me what to expect and if to dress formally or not.
Original post by onry
Anyone had interview yet? got mine in march for electrical and electronic engineering. can someone tell me what to expect and if to dress formally or not.

I can't really tell you what to expect from the interview as I never had one but you don't have to dress formally, most people won't. I am a EEE student though, so if you have any questions about the course itself, I might be able to help. :smile:
Reply 1696
what's your workload like ? do you have more work to do than the average student?
Original post by onry
what's your workload like ? do you have more work to do than the average student?

I'd imagine we have a higher workload than some, yeah. Although it's hard to tell as I don't really know anyone from other courses. We generally have around 18 - 24 hours a week of lectures, tutorials and labs plus you have regular assignments and things to do in your own time.
Reply 1698
do you get more exams than coursework or is it the other way round? and what is the coursework typically like?
Original post by onry
do you get more exams than coursework or is it the other way round? and what is the coursework typically like?

Exams are worth more than coursework, yeah, it's typically around a 70:30 split. You do get the odd practical module which has a heavier focus on lab work, though.

Coursework is mostly made up of labs and tutorials, sometimes you get given online tests to do as well but they usually make up a smaller percentage of your grade.

Latest

Trending

Trending