The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Adult Nursing at Nottingham University

Hi everyone, I have been invited to a selection day at the University of Nottingham this year. I was wondering if anyone has attended this already or a similar event and has any tips/advice?
Thank you!:smile:
Hi

I've moved this thread to the University of Nottingham sub-forum. As you're asking a question specifically about a course at this university, it's more likely to be seen by other applicants here, and you're more likely to get useful replies.

Good luck with your selection day :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
When is your selection day? I have one in march :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by reebkr
When is your selection day? I have one in march :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Selection day 25th February, but the accommodation opens before then, so I'm worrying about that!
Original post by bmjordan
Selection day 25th February, but the accommodation opens before then, so I'm worrying about that!

Hey! Mine's on the 11th of March so I wouldn't worry too much about accommodation, everyone should get a flat and most of the time they should prioritise Nursing and Midwifery students because of the demands of shift work :smile: At your interview just ask about the accommodation or give them a ring if you're that worried :smile:

My sister is doing Vet Med at Nottingham and (although it's different departments) she said all the staff there were really helpful. It's a very 'student centred' university so I'm hoping the selection day is just as relaxed as hers was.
Reply 5
Original post by JoeL1994
Hey! Mine's on the 11th of March so I wouldn't worry too much about accommodation, everyone should get a flat and most of the time they should prioritise Nursing and Midwifery students because of the demands of shift work :smile: At your interview just ask about the accommodation or give them a ring if you're that worried :smile:

My sister is doing Vet Med at Nottingham and (although it's different departments) she said all the staff there were really helpful. It's a very 'student centred' university so I'm hoping the selection day is just as relaxed as hers was.

Pheew, that's good to hear, thank you! I'm sure I'm worrying a bit too much, but it's good to hear they take us into consideration too. I'll be sure to ask at my selection day. Thanks again:smile:
Original post by bmjordan
Pheew, that's good to hear, thank you! I'm sure I'm worrying a bit too much, but it's good to hear they take us into consideration too. I'll be sure to ask at my selection day. Thanks again:smile:

No problem, all the best for your interview(s)! :smile:
Ive got my selection day on the 8th of April for adult nursing.
Original post by Wheezy

Good luck with your selection days :smile:

Accommodation opens on the 2nd March so don't worry :smile:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/undergraduates/howtoapply.aspx
Reply 9
Hi guys, I have my interview in adult nursing next week. Not sure how to prepare for just a group interview.any help?
Original post by Lil45
Hi guys, I have my interview in adult nursing next week. Not sure how to prepare for just a group interview.any help?

Is your interview next Wednesday on the 25th? Mine is, I am so nervous!
Reply 11
Yes it is! I am so nervous aswell! You heard back from anywhere else?
Original post by Lil45
Yes it is! I am so nervous aswell! You heard back from anywhere else?

Nope! I have been rejected by 2, waiting for an answer after an interview and have this interview and another one, you?
Reply 13
I have had 2 rejections and 1 offer and waiting on this interview now
Original post by Lil45
I have had 2 rejections and 1 offer and waiting on this interview now

So are you travelling far?
Reply 15
Yes live in cardiff so about 4 hours!!! You??
Original post by Lil45
Yes live in cardiff so about 4 hours!!! You??

Oh wow aha! I live in London so probably under 2 hours by train
Reply 17
Hey to all nottingham nursing firmers, we have set up a group on facebook welcoming all branches of nursing applicants for the 2015 intake. Feel free to join and add people as the group has only just started off its pretty small at the moment. There is also a specific adult nursing branch off if your interested in joining too. Just search for "nursing at the university of nottingham 2015"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending