The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife

Spoiler

Asalaamulaykum, fellow Muslamics, we were thinking of making an ISOC banner which anybody could put into their sigs, and say "click here to join the Islamic society!" or something. Anyway we have a prototype below. Do you like it? Is the pic ok? Do you have any other ideas(get the joke?????????)?

EDITs: click image to see if it works.

Nice idea bro. I like it.

Spoiler

Asalaamulaykum, fellow Muslamics, we were thinking of making an ISOC banner which anybody could put into their sigs, and say "click here to join the Islamic society!" or something. Anyway we have a prototype below. Do you like it? Is the pic ok? Do you have any other ideas(get the joke?????????)?

that's a wonderful idea. :awesome: i think pic is a bit small.... crop it in if you can so you can see Kaaba and Masjid al Haram.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Incredible97
Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka

Hope Afghanistan Win..

I hope so too! :smile:

Spoiler

Sounds cool. The picture's pretty as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't see the picture of the kaba properly.It's all pixilated 👎(viewed from my phone).
Good idea though.

I wasn't quoted (:colonhash:) but I also think it's a good idea... picture is nice albeit a bit small (although I am viewing it on my phone).

Edit: Just checked via web and it looks great, link works as well. Thumbs up from me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Walaikumasalam Ideas4Life, apparently it's not allowing me to reply to your post, I don't know why:confused:?confused.com. Anyway I think it's a brilliant idea tbh, but as Anka mentioned the Kaaba is too small and perhaps it should be in the middle, and you can't really see the Kaaba properly. However i like it, good job Ideas4Life:yy:
(edited 9 years ago)
Aim to at least begin to be the change you want to see in the world. May Allāh (ﷻ) reward us all for our intentions & our actions.
[h="1"]"Excuses are Nothing but Lies" ᴴᴰ ┇FUNNY┇ by Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan[/h]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czaeF7qDjdM

Funny talk about sibling rivalry! :lol:
Original post by themorninglight

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is the nation of Islam a sect or a political movement?

I love Malcolm X. I wish he was alive today. Muslims need a leader like him today.
(edited 9 years ago)
Just googled that and its some kind of scaly anteater type animal? (I thought it was a Urdu word at first)

Also why do you guys keep talking about cricket, I thought that was last week

https://www.facebook.com/WorldPangolinDay It is indeed.

I believe it is the world cup. I just copied a few tweets to fit in.
Original post by Incredible97
Aim to at least begin to be the change you want to see in the world. May Allāh (ﷻ) reward us all for our intentions & our actions.

Ameen. :smile:

Spoiler

Looks good, bro. :smile: Contrary to popular opinion, I think the pic looks really good :lol:
Let us know what the final plan is so we can add to our sigs.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

It is a Black separatist and supremacist group,known for its anti-White and antisemitic propaganda and racism. It did not start out with mainstream Islam,Malcolm X near the end of his life broke off with group and spoke out against them :smile:
Original post by childofthesun
It is a Black separatist and supremacist group,known for its anti-White and antisemitic propaganda and racism. It did not start out with mainstream Islam,Malcolm X near the end of his life broke off with group and spoke out against them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh Ty 😃.I read a good bit about them but wondered whether they could be regarded as a sect in itself.
Is that why he got assassinated? I heard Malcolm X campaigned for some sort of racial segregation, is this true?

What confuses me is why they call themselves the nation of Islam though,none of their aims were religious but political .Not to mention their ideology is at conflict with Islamic principles.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a religion in and of itself. They believe that God created himself and made himself into a black man (making blacks superior) and that he came incarnated as a man called Wallace D. Fard (the founder of the cult) who taught that the white man is the devil. They also don't believe in an afterlife.
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
It's a religion in and of itself. They believe that God created himself and made himself into a black man (making blacks superior) and that he came incarnated as a man called Wallace D. Fard (the founder of the cult) who taught that the white man is the devil. They also don't believe in an afterlife.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my, the organisation is now tracked as a hate group by the Southern Law Poverty Centre.How interesting.
Is the group in any way linked with the Black Panthers?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my, the organisation is now tracked as a hate group by the Southern Law Poverty Centre.How interesting.
Is the group in any way linked with the Black Panthers?

They probably share many of the same political goals but unlike the NOI, the BP are just a political movement, not a religious one.

Latest

Trending

Trending