The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

With regards to the Dicksoon Poon Scholarship, I have two friends who are in their first years at King's (both LLB) and both of them got the £18000 scholarship. We are all from Hong Kong though, and that might have given them a slight edge.

Just to note: they got it via applying for the scholarship, not through achieving certain grades, as we weren't studying GSCEs, A Level, or IB.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by hellofello
With regards to the Dicksoon Poon Scholarship, I have two friends who are in their first years at King's (both LLB) and both of them got the £18000 scholarship. We are all from Hong Kong though, and that might have given them a slight edge.

Just to note: they got it via applying for the scholarship, not through achieving certain grades, as we weren't studying GSCEs, A Level, or IB.

The criteria is different each year. Last year everyone, regardless of grades, had to apply by submitting an essay, and factors such as LNAT score/essay came into play. This year some are guaranteed an award, whilst some have to apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danthepancake
Ive recieved an offer for European Politics at King´s. Does anyone know if it is a good course or should I just firm my offer for War Studies instead? Both courses seem interesting.

Ahhh I transferred my PPL application over to EuroPol two weeks ago! It looks SO good. I'd personally love to do it, not spoken to anyone else doing it so far.

War Studies also looks good, the lecturer is quite good too- I had a lecture with him in the summer at Kings' pre-university summer school! :smile:
Original post by *Stefan*
The criteria is different each year. Last year everyone, regardless of grades, had to apply by submitting an essay, and factors such as LNAT score/essay came into play. This year some are guaranteed an award, whilst some have to apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, they told me they didn't have to interview either last year, though it looks like its required this year.
Original post by *Stefan*
Don't really know... but I'd guess that the chances are very low. People with either 8A*s at GCSE or A*A*A (achieved) at A-Level are guaranteed the award, so that means a lot. However, people with such grades are very likely to get into Oxbridge and may prefer these over KCL.

It's generally a pretty complex process, probably for them too, since they can't predict who will firm them or who will miss his offer.

Ah ok... But I guess it won't hurt to try :smile:
Just got an offer for International Relations :smile:
Original post by Elllllllley
Just got an offer for International Relations :smile:

Congratulations :biggrin: Are you going to firm it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know when the accommodation form opens?
Original post by terabaap
Saw that other unis had this kind of thread going was wondering if anyone has heard back from kcl yet

I got an offer and have confirmed Kings as my firm choice! AAB for Geography
Original post by professoranus

I think it was April?
Original post by professoranus

I think I read 6th April a while ago but I can't seem to find it now... Which accommodation are you thinking about?
Original post by d0rkvad3r
I got an offer and have confirmed Kings as my firm choice! AAB for Geography

i also have an offer for geography and thinking of putting it down as my firm!
Original post by hannahp97
i also have an offer for geography and thinking of putting it down as my firm!

That's cool :smile: where else have you applied?
That's cool :smile: where else have you applied?

edinburgh, birmingham, newcastle and liverpool (offers from all but still waiting to hear back from edinburgh). What about you?
edinburgh, birmingham, newcastle and liverpool (offers from all but still waiting to hear back from edinburgh). What about you?

Newcastle, Liverpool, Swansea and Bangor, offers from all and put Newcastle as my insurance! similar place haha
Newcastle, Liverpool, Swansea and Bangor, offers from all and put Newcastle as my insurance! similar place haha

newcastle is also my insurance! haha
newcastle is also my insurance! haha

Probably be seeing you then haha !
Offer for business management!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard from International relations? I've sent off my one since late November.
Original post by marcoboy1818
Has anyone heard from International relations? I've sent off my one since late November.

A mate of mine got rejected yesterday for International Relations.

Latest