The Student Room Group

Final Art Piece Idea (Apart and/or Together) POST YOUR IDEAS PLEASE :)

Hey, I am doing GCSE Art Edexcel and this year they gave us such a crap title: Apart and/or Together. Any suggestions for final pieces... I don't know what I am supposed to do, so your help is really much appreciated;']

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I don't go on this much but i'm GCSE art too!

I think you should do something along the lines of puzzle pieces! Try to gather your development and match it with your artists.

I reckon if you did your development on photoshop and put your work in the aritst's style, into your puzzle piece final piece!

It'll be quite cool, just giving you ideas!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by matt4650
Hey! I don't go on this much but i'm doing the same board as you for art!

I think you should do something along the lines of puzzle pieces! Try to gather your development and match it with your artists.

I reckon if you did your development on photoshop and put your work in the aritst's style, into your puzzle piece final piece!

It'll be quite cool, just giving you ideas!

Thank you so much and what a great idea it is. Yh, I will definitely do that;']
My first thought for that theme was arsecheeks... um...

I have no idea how art GCSE works, pfff
Reply 4
The idea is that this is supposed to be your own work and your own idea.
Original post by germanshepherd_
Hey, I am doing GCSE Art Edexcel and this year they gave us such a crap title: Apart and/or Together. Any suggestions for final pieces... I don't know what I am supposed to do, so your help is really much appreciated;']

You can literally mold an art gcse title into anything you want. It doesn't truly matter if your final piece is not linked that well to the first title because you will have shown in your artbook how your ideas "evolved" into that idea. Ie. My title last year was "Order and/or Disorder". My final piece was a piece of bark finished in the style of pointillism lol. I went through all the stages of finding artists both for techniques and content ideas. I went through a mindmap, drew things about order and disorder in nature, architecture, everything you can think of, and then i narrowed down to nature, took a whole bunch of pictures (probably over 200 by the end of things) and then explained how it linked. Then i ended up drawing a piece of bark inspired solely by 3 of the artists I'd chosen and a primary photo.

Apart and/or together can be a really good theme if you want it to be. Think about what your end goal is and what your interests are and then apply it. E.g if you're interested in architecture, look at buildings that are close together, think about cities where they're quite cramped and the buildings are all packed together like Hong Kong. Then look at the complete reverse. Just an idea :tongue:

I imagine your teacher won't want you to come to a final idea without all this work beforehand.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Magnesium
You can literally mold an art gcse title into anything you want. It doesn't truly matter if your final piece is not linked that well to the first title because you will have shown in your artbook how your ideas "evolved" into that idea. Ie. My title last year was "Order and/or Disorder". My final piece was a piece of bark finished in the style of pointillism lol. I went through all the stages of finding artists both for techniques and content ideas. I went through a mindmap, drew things about order and disorder in nature, architecture, everything you can think of, and then i narrowed down to nature, took a whole bunch of pictures (probably over 20o by the end of things) and then explained how it linked. Then i ended up drawing a piece of bark inspired solely by 3 of the artists I'd chosen and a primary photo.

Apart and/or together can be a really good theme if you want it to be. Think about what your end goal is and what your interests are and then apply it. E.g if you're interested in architecture, look at buildings that are close together, think about cities where they're quite cramped and the buildings are all packed together like Hong Kong. Then look at the complete reverse. Just an idea :tongue:

I imagine your teacher won't want you to come to a final idea without all this work beforehand.

Oh wow, thanks. I know now what to do and my mock exam title was order and or disorder ;']. What did you get at the end and what other subjects did you take, if you don't mind em asking? How did you manage that and balance revision and school work?
Reply 7
Im doing apart and together aswell. however, its textiles:confused:.
I am planning to focus on flowers and im really confused.
i need help!
Original post by huffy17
Im doing apart and together aswell. however, its textiles:confused:.
I am planning to focus on flowers and im really confused.
i need help!

Oh wow, how strange.. Flowers, are grown together.... But separated when they are picked? I am not sure either, and yh you definitely need help.
Reply 9
Oh wow, how strange.. Flowers, are grown together.... But separated when they are picked? I am not sure either, and yh you definitely need help.

i dont know how to interpret it into textiles:confused::confused::confused:
Original post by huffy17
i dont know how to interpret it into textiles:confused::confused::confused:

As well as doing art, I do textiles but my exam title is different to yours - it is fashion overtime and so I created a corset;'] Err, flowers, is nature and nature can be bad because it can tear us apart.... Er focus on something else, flowers is difficult --- maybe natural disasters???
Reply 11
As well as doing art, I do textiles but my exam title is different to yours - it is fashion overtime and so I created a corset;'] Err, flowers, is nature and nature can be bad because it can tear us apart.... Er focus on something else, flowers is difficult --- maybe natural disasters???

my teacher was telling me that flowers is a good idea. she told me to look at flowers together and rip flowers apart.

i just need textiles artist to look at:frown: and i dont know any. I've only researched michael brennand wood
Original post by huffy17
my teacher was telling me that flowers is a good idea. She told me to look at flowers together and rip flowers apart.

I just need textiles artist to look at:frown: and i dont know any. I've only researched michael brennand wood

william morris
Reply 13
william morris

i have already researched him.

im so confused its too late to change my idea now:frown:
Original post by huffy17
i have already researched him.

im so confused its too late to change my idea now:frown:

Sorry about that:redface:
Reply 15
Sorry about that:redface:

its fine. thank you for the help tho
Original post by huffy17
its fine. thank you for the help tho

No problem. Glad to help;'] Pls inform me of your future developments and don't worry, you will be fine. If I am fine with art, so you will be with textiles;']
Reply 17
No problem. Glad to help;'] Pls inform me of your future developments and don't worry, you will be fine. If I am fine with art, so you will be with textiles;']

will do:smile:
Oh wow, thanks. I know now what to do and my mock exam title was order and or disorder ;']. What did you get at the end and what other subjects did you take, if you don't mind em asking? How did you manage that and balance revision and school work?

I remember you applied for St Olave's right?:wink: How did the mock go?

I got 12 A*s 2As and got an A* in Art. I took Physics, Chem, Bio, Maths, English Lit, Eng Lang, History, Business Studies, Spanish, Chinese, ICT, CI, RS, and Art :smile: Umm well I personally found it very hard (some people will say otherwise). I was working at my family restaurant from 5-10pm so I didn't actually have time to draw on the weekday evenings unless I absolutely had to. My art pieces took </= 10 hours each and I basically just woke up really early on weekends to finish off drawings. In essence, I kind of hated Art after doing it for GCSE, but I still do a lot of Art as a hobby nowadays :tongue: It also depends on the kind of level the A* student is working at because it's graded by examiners in terms of comparison between the A* student(s) in the class and the rest.

I would just advise to be wise about your time. Don't do it all in one go, art never works out well that way unless you're really motivated. Do it in split sessions and also don't forget to revise for your other subjects because if I remember correctly, you didn't apply to do Art for A Level did you? :smile:
Reply 19
Something like this maybe (if you are interested in drawing or painting figures):

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending