The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meaty_man
Thanks for the kind words bud :smile: sucks to hear your sleeping pattern is being a pain, its not an easy beast to deal with!

Have you tried making things to aim for? It is difficult to keep going with no end point in mind, feels like an endless treadmill :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

no worries! just hope things will be okay for you and other people here cause I think you are all fab! :smile: yeah, sleep is just urgh, but it always is I guess, just worse than normal at the moment which doesn't help with my mood.

I guess, the trouble is with my sleep/learning difficulties/mental health I am pretty limited in what I can aim for anyway, then the anxiety/sleep mean basically no guarantee that I will be able to do anything I plan for anyway. even things I plan out and look forward to doing...if I sleep badly before or get too anxious, I don't go. kinda feel like I am just trapped really, heck were it not for my mum/girlfriend I wouldn't even see or speak to other people anymore. don't really know what to do beyond just hoping that what things I feel able to plan that I make it to them really.

I don't know, im alive I guess and I have people who love and care about me so who am I to complain? I could be a lot worse off as well. I should just wander on through life and hope something gives.
Original post by avhhs
Actually waking up isn't the issue usually, it is wanting to leave the bed.

Hm, maybe just put everything far away from the bed and thus create more motivation to get out? That's why I meant multiple alarm clocks, that is giving you more motivation to get out of bed. As well as to put the tablet out of reach... In addition try to make anything as efficient as possible and maybe also get up earlier, so you still have time to do something enjoyable, as really cool breakfast, reading the newspaper or something like that?

I did look at joining a society back when the academic year started, even finding those that I had an interest in, but l didn't go through with it :sad:.
THEN DO IT NOW!!! Let's do things making you happy!
Original post by furryface12
Need to stop with this whole getting in a mess at four in the morning thing :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here if you need me. :console:
Original post by PandaWho
Im ok, dreading tomorrow though, massive girlguiding day meaning beaibg around possibly hundreds of people and im gonna be asked what im up to so much and its like "well actually im a bum that doesnt have a job so i sit and watch antiques road trip" dreading it along with the 9am wake up call.
But monday im looking after my nephew all day :biggrin:

Hope your ok chick :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Antiques Roadtrip is the highlight of my day. Never apologise for enjoy Antiques Roadtrip.

I hope today goes well for you! I used to love the big get togethers. It'll fly by once you get there. Just make sure you make yourself a bit of space to have a breather if you need it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway
Here if you need me. :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Always here if you need me. :jumphug:
Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Always here if you need me. :jumphug:

Spoiler

Thanks, same to you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Thanks, same to you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, a friend of mine is gonna come down here to accompany me to the appointment, so hopefully it'll be ok. Just so anxious. :frown:

Thank you. :redface:
Original post by Pathway
Yeah, a friend of mine is gonna come down here to accompany me to the appointment, so hopefully it'll be ok. Just so anxious. :frown:

Thank you. :redface:

Good, hopefully that'll make it a bit easier when you're there then :hugs: Doesn't solve anxiety though unfortunately :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good, hopefully that'll make it a bit easier when you're there then :hugs: Doesn't solve anxiety though unfortunately :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah.

I'll be around sproradically all day, so if you need anything, you know where to find me. :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
Yeah.

I'll be around sproradically all day, so if you need anything, you know where to find me. :hugs:

Thanks, same to you- might go for a walk at some point but don't really have any intention of going anywhere else :redface: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, same to you- might go for a walk at some point but don't really have any intention of going anywhere else :redface: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you do go for the walk, I hope it's nice and relaxing.

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway
If you do go for the walk, I hope it's nice and relaxing.

Spoiler

It's tipping it down out there at the minute so might leave it a bit!

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's tipping it down out there at the minute so might leave it a bit!

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no! It's really sunny here for some reason, still cold though. :colondollar:

Spoiler

So I missed Kingsman due to my reship paranoia and spent time eating bonbons in the cinema toilets on my phone :redface: but afterwards had a good time at the pub with some friends. Then I missed last train to debate with my drunk friend, so I ended up chilling at a friend's house until quite late in the evening watching flashmobs! And it turns out he has had the anxiety/depression caboose, sad to hear but it's good not to be alone. This is the second friend in my group who's had anxiety, huh...

Spoiler

I need to motivate myself to go to the gym quite soon.
I've been feeling kinda weird the last 2 weeks. I've been trying not to attach anything to it, but it's been troubling me. I know it's minor but I've been starting to feel rather suspicious that something isn't quite right. It's to really add words to this feeling but I've just noticed that I've become more suspicious, for example feeling like people are talking about me or that people are watching me. Along with this I've been feeling pretty anxious and down, I don't really know why, but I have been kinda stressed out with uni recently.

I don't want to jump to conclusions or make this a bigger issue than it actually is, but I've felt this before psychotic episodes before, and I'm worried that it's going to end up there again. Recently my Quetiapine has been reduced (still on Aripiprazole 30mg), and I'm meant to come off the Quetiapine next week. I'm worried that if I tell my psych he will want to put me back on the Quetiapine but I really find it too sedating.

Hopefully this is nothing, but has anyone else ever experienced this, or have any advice?
Reply 1676
Original post by bullettheory
I've been feeling kinda weird the last 2 weeks. I've been trying not to attach anything to it, but it's been troubling me. I know it's minor but I've been starting to feel rather suspicious that something isn't quite right. It's to really add words to this feeling but I've just noticed that I've become more suspicious, for example feeling like people are talking about me or that people are watching me. Along with this I've been feeling pretty anxious and down, I don't really know why, but I have been kinda stressed out with uni recently.

I don't want to jump to conclusions or make this a bigger issue than it actually is, but I've felt this before psychotic episodes before, and I'm worried that it's going to end up there again. Recently my Quetiapine has been reduced (still on Aripiprazole 30mg), and I'm meant to come off the Quetiapine next week. I'm worried that if I tell my psych he will want to put me back on the Quetiapine but I really find it too sedating.

Hopefully this is nothing, but has anyone else ever experienced this, or have any advice?

Yeah, I regularly have these phases and sometimes it has preceded a phase of mental unwellness in various forms but sometimes, it has just been a minor blip and has passed. Especially if there are stresses there that you have identified and you can take time out or at least reduce pressure of workload etc.

Re telling the psych - dude, you might as well be honest with them. They can't force you to take anything. I am meant to take quetiapine but I just honestly told them I wasn't prepared to do it and as long as you aren't acutely ill and able to make informed decisions - they will have to work around that and come up with alternative solutions.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Antiques Roadtrip is the highlight of my day. Never apologise for enjoy Antiques Roadtrip.

I hope today goes well for you! I used to love the big get togethers. It'll fly by once you get there. Just make sure you make yourself a bit of space to have a breather if you need it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rory slates me for it, but i bloody love it!

It went ok, was hundreds of people though i saw some that i knew and got a passing hug, was a big guiding event, but home now and getting a takeaway for tea!

Hope your ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know how some 16 year olds on this forum have more confidence than I do at 22. :/
I'm so annoyed and anxious.

I've joined this band, great, managing to speak a bit to some people (which is major progress for me). I have to go to a concert with them next week on a coach, and my friend who invited me to join has told me he's sitting with somebody else, leaving me on my own. Either on my own or sitting next to someone I don't really know.

I know I have to get to know them all sometime, but I can't cope with being stuck next to one person for hours trying to force conversation. Because it's not what I do. I make friends by having tiny conversations - comments really - that build up over a few weeks or months. I'm not good at being forced into it.

I just feel as though this "friend" is a bit nasty because he knows I don't know anyone else yet, and the person he's choosing to sit with instead DOES know other people and would be fine sitting with one of them.

I will make friends eventually. I'd just rather skip the "making friends" part really.

Oh, and I was late for rehearsal today - not my fault - and it's pretty much ruined my day because I hate not being on time for anything.

Latest