The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr234
I only have 2 offers so far (from UCL and Bristol):frown:
I'm still waiting for decisions from LSE and Warwick! Wbu?
I did, but it was more of a '' I can see myself here '' than '' I really want to come '' if that makes sense:tongue:

I only have ucl and Bristol too haha waiting for St andrews!!! And ah yeah I know what you mean it's all such a tough decision I suppose
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Aljabra
I only have ucl and Bristol too haha waiting for St andrews!!! And ah yeah I know what you mean it's all such a tough decision I suppose

I know! Well good luck, might see you at UCL next year:biggrin:
Anyone going to the offer holders open day on 11th of March? :tongue:
Received my UCL offer today for engineering with finance. Offer of AAA; the real grind for summer exams begins now.. :biggrin::wink:
Original post by Aljabra
Will most people here be likely to firm UCL because I have an offer but I'm not 100% certain on the university can somebody sell it to me

Same with me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
UCL has a Nobel prize winner in its neuroscience staff. You can't compete with that. Plus UCL's international reputation is better by a long shot than KCL's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how about UCL and Imperial College? which one is better in terms of facilities, teaching, etc. for Biomedical Science?
anyone else got an offer for Biomedical Sciences? :biggrin:
Original post by sr234
I only have 2 offers so far (from UCL and Bristol):frown:
I'm still waiting for decisions from LSE and Warwick! Wbu?
I did, but it was more of a '' I can see myself here '' than '' I really want to come '' if that makes sense:tongue:

I feel exactly the same about UCL econ, I kinda don't want to settle for it if lse doesn't work out but I couldn't face a gap year
Original post by aqua267
how about UCL and Imperial College? which one is better in terms of facilities, teaching, etc. for Biomedical Science?

As far as I know, Imperial is much stronger than UCL, especially in terms of reputation. I cannot comment on the facilities and teaching for biomedical science however. From the three London unis you mentioned, there seems to be a large gap between KCL and UCL and a slightly smaller one between UCL and Imperial, with Imperial coming out on top. That said, despite holding offers with the same requirements from both UCL (biomedical engineering) and Imperial (biomaterials and tissue engineering), I chose UCL as my insurance choice purely for financial reasons since they offer much more generous financial support for EU students than Imperial does (and is in a cheaper area). If you are a UK student, however, Imperial will be able to offer you the most generous bursary out of these three universities, if this even is a factor you are considering. I did, however, find the Imperial course much more interesting, the facilities and research better and the job prospects much stronger.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Master Sam
Thanks a lot! that has cleared most things I was confused about. I will contact UCL tomorrow morning :smile:

Original post by Master Sam
Received my UCL offer today for engineering with finance. Offer of AAA; the real grind for summer exams begins now.. :biggrin::wink:

So contacting them worked out for you then mate? Congrats on the offer and you'd better hit those grades :cool::biggrin:
Original post by JamjamjamT
So contacting them worked out for you then mate? Congrats on the offer and you'd better hit those grades :cool::biggrin:

Cheers! Yeah I guess it did, the individual on the phone with me said I'd get a reply by the end of March most likely but yeah I'm not complaining.
Good luck with your application too!
Original post by jchap9776
I feel exactly the same about UCL econ, I kinda don't want to settle for it if lse doesn't work out but I couldn't face a gap year

Yh I felt the same about a potential gap year, but I've slightly warmed to the idea.. I mean there's quite a few gap year schemes which would give you valuable work experience but I guess it'd be hard taking a gap year when most of your friends are at uni.
I'm just going to see what happens on results day and take it from there:tongue:
LSE are taking forever but hopefully the wait will end soon, don't think I'll get an offer my PS wasn't great tbf! Hope LSE works out for you this year:smile:
Original post by sr234
Yh I felt the same about a potential gap year, but I've slightly warmed to the idea.. I mean there's quite a few gap year schemes which would give you valuable work experience but I guess it'd be hard taking a gap year when most of your friends are at uni.
I'm just going to see what happens on results day and take it from there:tongue:
LSE are taking forever but hopefully the wait will end soon, don't think I'll get an offer my PS wasn't great tbf! Hope LSE works out for you this year:smile:

Yeah I feel literally exactly the same, hope lse works out for you aswell! :smile: the hard thing with a gap year for me would be getting around it mentally, but obvs could apply to the USA aswell which would be good
Posted from TSR Mobile

Has everyone who has applied for Chemistry @UCL had an interview? I haven't heard anything back at all :confused:
Hi guys

I got an offer to do PhD at UCL starting September 2015, does anybody know how far in advance I need to start sorting my accommodation? How hard is it to find a share house somewhere?
Original post by Loki01
Hi guys

I got an offer to do PhD at UCL starting September 2015, does anybody know how far in advance I need to start sorting my accommodation? How hard is it to find a share house somewhere?

Congratulations😊....sorry don't know about the accomodation thing
Got an offer for Human Sciences (38 points) anyone else? :smile:
Original post by ThatGuyRik
A friend of mine received an offer of A*AA for Natural Sciences in December if i remember correctly.

That's good, I feel lucky to have gotten AAA from ucl for natsci. I was just curious as to whether it would be worth it as I'm from a low income background and would be relying almost entirely on loans and a bursary. It's all a bit daunting 😕
Original post by Tommy1996
That's good, I feel lucky to have gotten AAA from ucl for natsci. I was just curious as to whether it would be worth it as I'm from a low income background and would be relying almost entirely on loans and a bursary. It's all a bit daunting

What do you mean by worth it?
Original post by Tommy1996
That's good, I feel lucky to have gotten AAA from ucl for natsci. I was just curious as to whether it would be worth it as I'm from a low income background and would be relying almost entirely on loans and a bursary. It's all a bit daunting 😕

You will get more than enough from those. Not sure what you mean by ''worth it''.

Quick Reply