The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Starting UoW 2015. Marylebone campus? Student court/Raffles house @ wembley?

hey hey!

anyone else going to UoW? currently on my gap year so i have an unconditional offer. most will probably be staying at student court wembley (now renamed to raffles house :s).

thought it would be a good idea to make a post and get to know some of the people planning on living in wembley halls.

ALSO
anyone doing real estate or property and planning?

Scroll to see replies

Hi✌hopefully I will be at the university of Westminster at the marylebone campus studying business management with economics (conditional offer). I am also considering staying at the student court.

😊😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm hopefully studying at Westminster in Marylebone campus doing Tourism and Events management and hope to live at Student Court too :smile:
Original post by Fjspice95
Hi✌hopefully I will be at the university of Westminster at the marylebone campus studying business management with economics (conditional offer). I am also considering staying at the student court.

������������������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome!!!! Yeah i got a conditional but obviously because I took a gap year it turned into an unconditional. Trying to change my property and planning course to real estate but not heard back from them :frown:
What other halls are you considering?
Original post by reecito
I'm hopefully studying at Westminster in Marylebone campus doing Tourism and Events management and hope to live at Student Court too :smile:

OMG that one was the first one I applied for. Tourism and Events management. Or something similar to that but then I swapped to property. Last minute decision I guess. Greenwich has a good tourism course too but i've always preferred westminster. student court looks lovely tbh (as student accommodation goes)
Original post by peterkasicki
Awesome!!!! Yeah i got a conditional but obviously because I took a gap year it turned into an unconditional. Trying to change my property and planning course to real estate but not heard back from them :frown:
What other halls are you considering?

Hey that's cool👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMG that one was the first one I applied for. Tourism and Events management. Or something similar to that but then I swapped to property. Last minute decision I guess. Greenwich has a good tourism course too but i've always preferred westminster. student court looks lovely tbh (as student accommodation goes)

I'm only really considering student court really because I think that's the only one for new students (I think). Just can't wait to start uni and start fresh lol. So what are u currently doing now working/studying ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
student court was made for undergrads first years so that's the most popular. you've got Harrow but I've been to those halls and tbh, theyre disgusting compared the student court.

I'm on a gap year. I was meant to start last year but I left my accommodation till the last minute and they told me they didn't have any rooms even though they did.... and when they offered me the room I had already defered my entry so it was too late. this was Victoria halls in Wembley - they're also offered to first years. won't be applying there again :tongue:
so I'm just working now and saving to have more money behind me when I go.
I did study psychology sociology and communication & culture at a levels though.

what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm only really considering student court really because I think that's the only one for new students (I think). Just can't wait to start uni and start fresh lol. So what are u currently doing now working/studying ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

forgot to quote you in that last one - sorry aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got a conditional offer for Accounting with Management. Westminster is going to be my insurance, so not sure if i'll still be able to get a place in halls.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol it's alright😊 I think I did the same

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm actually currently doing a level 3 access course and working part time as well. Trying to save up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by suresure
I've got a conditional offer for Accounting with Management. Westminster is going to be my insurance, so not sure if i'll still be able to get a place in halls.....

when applications for halls open, apply for your firm and you're insurance - they don't take the deposit until after results day. that's what I did last year and that's the reason I wasn't able to go this year. if they do charge the deposit, because some unis like it up front, it gets refunded if you choose to go elsewhere.

what's your first?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm actually currently doing a level 3 access course and working part time as well. Trying to save up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's the best way to do it - it's so expensive nowadays. good job they've increased the amount of student loan this year otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it's the best way to do it - it's so expensive nowadays. good job they've increased the amount of student loan this year otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right. Very true. if it wasn't for that I probably would have done an apperentiship or something else. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know right. Very true. if it wasn't for that I probably would have done an apperentiship or something else. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just realised on you profile your obsessed with cats, so am I I used to have one but we gave it away 8 yrs ago. Since then I have literally been craving to get a cat lol but I've got leather chairs 😂 don't wanna get them ruined

Posted from TSR Mobile
cats are basically my god looool. obsessed with them. my favourite animals. Life will be weird without one. If only halls allowed pets haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just realised on you profile your obsessed with cats, so am I I used to have one but we gave it away 8 yrs ago. Since then I have literally been craving to get a cat lol but I've got leather chairs 😂 don't wanna get them ruined

Posted from TSR Mobile

forgot to quote again :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
forgot to quote again :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lool 😂😂✌

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lool 😂😂✌

Posted from TSR Mobile

Westminster your first choice then?