The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jay84
Yeah, I regularly have these phases and sometimes it has preceded a phase of mental unwellness in various forms but sometimes, it has just been a minor blip and has passed. Especially if there are stresses there that you have identified and you can take time out or at least reduce pressure of workload etc.

Re telling the psych - dude, you might as well be honest with them. They can't force you to take anything. I am meant to take quetiapine but I just honestly told them I wasn't prepared to do it and as long as you aren't acutely ill and able to make informed decisions - they will have to work around that and come up with alternative solutions.

Thanks for replying dude. I'll try taking a bit easier on myself, I have been pushing myself a bit, hopefully that will make a bit of difference. Hopefully this aint the start of an episode or that. Thanks for the advice around psych. I'm seeing him on Weds so I will talk to him then and see what he thinks.

Hope you're well
Reply 1681
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I don't know how some 16 year olds on this forum have more confidence than I do at 22. :/

It doesn't grow linearly with age. I have less confidence at 30 then when I was 22
Original post by Jay84
It doesn't grow linearly with age. I have less confidence at 30 then when I was 22

ahh sorry to hear man :hugs: what have you been up to today? I've been getting my head around how to stop relentlessly comparing myself to others, as this has been I believe my primary insecurity since childhood. So yeah lots of therapy aha :redface:
Original post by PandaWho
Rory slates me for it, but i bloody love it!

It went ok, was hundreds of people though i saw some that i knew and got a passing hug, was a big guiding event, but home now and getting a takeaway for tea!

Hope your ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember guiding and brownie things and how crazy big they are. I really miss it now I'm not involved with it. Glad you were okay and yay for a takeaway!

I'm doing weirdly okay at the moment. Drove my boat around for the first time yesterday so I think I'm on a bit of a boating high :biggrin:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I remember guiding and brownie things and how crazy big they are. I really miss it now I'm not involved with it. Glad you were okay and yay for a takeaway!

I'm doing weirdly okay at the moment. Drove my boat around for the first time yesterday so I think I'm on a bit of a boating high :biggrin:

I miss it when im back at my mums, but im too scared to join in at home :dontknow: but yeah was a long day, we went to a roler disco, but i didnt have my insoles so was in pain!

Ohhh yeyyyy! Was thinking of you and your boat the other day, apparently the lancaster canal is the best bit of canal around as it was something like 36 miles without a lock! Was on the news :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I miss it when im back at my mums, but im too scared to join in at home :dontknow: but yeah was a long day, we went to a roler disco, but i didnt have my insoles so was in pain!

Ohhh yeyyyy! Was thinking of you and your boat the other day, apparently the lancaster canal is the best bit of canal around as it was something like 36 miles without a lock! Was on the news :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Missing insoles is the worst thing. My knees hurt when I forget mine.

I have no idea how to do locks yet (or if I have the strength) so that sounds ideal... of course I'd have to get there first and to get out of marina you _have_ to go through one of the locks. I think my next mission is to try and get from my marina to a marina near my parents house! And then hopefully in the summer I can venture up towards Manchester and beyond :biggrin:
Missing insoles is the worst thing. My knees hurt when I forget mine.

I have no idea how to do locks yet (or if I have the strength) so that sounds ideal... of course I'd have to get there first and to get out of marina you _have_ to go through one of the locks. I think my next mission is to try and get from my marina to a marina near my parents house! And then hopefully in the summer I can venture up towards Manchester and beyond :biggrin:

Yep. For me its my arches and ankles that hurt :frown: so only managed one loop as it was painful. But just popped my knee out so may be linked to lack of insoles.
I usually wear skater shoes as they tend to have inbuilt arches so dont often actually use my insoles.

Im sure you will have the strength! Hard work but doable! I always look at canal boats and think it must be so peaceful to just slowly cruise place to place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep. For me its my arches and ankles that hurt :frown: so only managed one loop as it was painful. But just popped my knee out so may be linked to lack of insoles.
I usually wear skater shoes as they tend to have inbuilt arches so dont often actually use my insoles.

Im sure you will have the strength! Hard work but doable! I always look at canal boats and think it must be so peaceful to just slowly cruise place to place!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was mostly peaceful yesterday except for when we almost took a fisherman out and turned around at the 'do-not-turn-around' bit because we didn't see the sign until it was too late. I can definitely see why it's calm. It was so lovely and calm and everybody on the canal waves :biggrin:
Can't cope. :frown:
It was mostly peaceful yesterday except for when we almost took a fisherman out and turned around at the 'do-not-turn-around' bit because we didn't see the sign until it was too late. I can definitely see why it's calm. It was so lovely and calm and everybody on the canal waves :biggrin:

Fishermen should be wiped out anyway :tongue:
Glad you had a good trip though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway

:hugs: Here if you want me? Will try anad make some sense.
My anx. has flared up. Worrying about low testosterone again
Original post by Pathway

:hugs:

Original post by Smash Bandicoot
My anx. has flared up. Worrying about low testosterone again

Hope you're ok. Distract yourself
I feel horrendous. :cry2:
Original post by furryface12
:hugs: Here if you want me? Will try anad make some sense.

Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
:hugs:

Hope you're ok. Distract yourself

So dissociated so can't cope.

Spoiler

I wish I could cut certain feelings out.
Original post by Pathway
So dissociated so can't cope.

Spoiler

Are you safe? Is there anyone nearby who you know can help?
ach. **** it.
anyone ever get really pissed off for no apparent reason? like I feel like such a bitch cause everything is grating on me, every noise anything my flatmate does :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest