The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

At least there wasn't some absolute maggot tweeting about a 'hurrikane' in White Hart Lane, before furiously jacking off at how 'hilarious' and 'original' they were to come up with that pun.

I'm confident about Everton, they are awful. Needed an OG in the 88th minute to draw at home to Leicester.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Everton next, how are people feeling considering they drew to Leicester at home today?

Everton were terrible today. Defence was all over the place and Lukaku had a shocker. Wouldn't be even the slightest bit worried.

Original post by Arkasia
At least there wasn't some absolute maggot tweeting about a 'hurrikane' in White Hart Lane, before furiously jacking off at how 'hilarious' and 'original' they were to come up with that pun. .

(edited 9 years ago)

That's one of the most pathetic images I have seen this month.
Honestly being 3rd means absolutely nothing. This is the worse time to hit a bad run of form. At the end of the day it's up to AW and the squad to perform, I feel we need to be more convincing in our performances. This is the first I'm nervous about securing top four. We have Chelsea, Liverpool at home and Utd away needless to say we must perform and get results. We can beat all 3 of them if we turn up confident we can continue to stomp the small teams now that we have good depth

Liverpool is our biggest threat tbh. They look very convincing atm individual players are performing and look a solid unit.
Good results today.. Not perfect but very good..

Feeling pretty good about top4 actually

I dont think Southampton will be there come the end, or Spurs..

United still have their nightmare fixture run to come..

Really it's looking pretty good for the same top4 as last year with us and Liverpool joining city and Chelsea

Said it a while back, but if we beat Liverpool in April we will make it no problem, even with losses to United and Chelsea.. Going to be a big game that is
I would love for us to give the Scousers a real beating tbh.
We'll do LFC 3-0 at the Emirates tbh

Everton might be a bit dodgy because we have Monaco midweek and we've had CL k/o hangovers before but we should be fine, no excuse not to pump them tbh. And given that they took 5 from us last season, I'd like to sent back to their scouse slums with **** all
(edited 9 years ago)
Have to say I'm fairly confident of 3rd now, United starting to get the results their performances deserve, Southampton starting to run out of ideas, Tottenham are gonna act like Tottenham do and **** up easy games, the only worry is Liverpool imo and we have a 3 point cushion over them. Plus our fixture list is pretty good.

Have to say we should be aiming for 2nd at a minimum really, and no lower finish than third, Spurs or Liverpool could comfortably win the Europa league considering the **** that is in the competition and am I right in thinking that if one of them wins it, then there isn't a 4th place CL spot? If so I can think of nothing more disgusting than finishing 4th over Tottenham on the last day of the season, only for them to win the Europa league and dump us out of CL qualification in Chelsea fashion :angry:
Also, why is our CL game on Sky AGAIN? Getting ****ing sick of it. None of our group stage games were on ITV because ****ing Liverpool and City had all the ITV games, granted Liverpool were going to get dicked on dumped out of the group stage so needed to have a game on ITV so non Sky viewers could watch them, but it's an absolute piss take that there hasn't been one Arsenal CL match on ITV, means I'll have to watch another ****ty stream because I don't want to pay for Sky (like millions of other football fans).

If ITV is going to get 1 English teams CL game per round of fixtures at least have the decency to share it out evenly among the English teams rather than showing 5 Liverpool and City games in the group stage, then only Chelsea and City in the knockouts. **** sake
Original post by leinad2012
Have to say I'm fairly confident of 3rd now, United starting to get the results their performances deserve, Southampton starting to run out of ideas, Tottenham are gonna act like Tottenham do and **** up easy games, the only worry is Liverpool imo and we have a 3 point cushion over them. Plus our fixture list is pretty good.

Have to say we should be aiming for 2nd at a minimum really, and no lower finish than third, Spurs or Liverpool could comfortably win the Europa league considering the **** that is in the competition and am I right in thinking that if one of them wins it, then there isn't a 4th place CL spot? If so I can think of nothing more disgusting than finishing 4th over Tottenham on the last day of the season, only for them to win the Europa league and dump us out of CL qualification in Chelsea fashion :angry:

No, the CL spot from the EL is in addition to it. So if Liverpool win the EL and finish 5th, there will be 5 teams.

The Spurs 2012 situation is incredibly unlikely to happen again, you'd need 2 English teams to win the CL and EL whilst finishing outside the top four. Odds of that happening any time soon are about as likely as Burnley winning the league next season.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
I'd like to sent back to their scouse slums with **** all

And without a hint of irony.
Original post by Zürich
We'll do LFC 3-0 at the Emirates tbh

Spoiler

Original post by leinad2012
Also, why is our CL game on Sky AGAIN? Getting ****ing sick of it. None of our group stage games were on ITV because ****ing Liverpool and City had all the ITV games, granted Liverpool were going to get dicked on dumped out of the group stage so needed to have a game on ITV so non Sky viewers could watch them, but it's an absolute piss take that there hasn't been one Arsenal CL match on ITV, means I'll have to watch another ****ty stream because I don't want to pay for Sky (like millions of other football fans).

If ITV is going to get 1 English teams CL game per round of fixtures at least have the decency to share it out evenly among the English teams rather than showing 5 Liverpool and City games in the group stage, then only Chelsea and City in the knockouts. **** sake

I'm pretty sure our next game is on itv

Edit: itv are showing one game of each English team plus Madrid vs Schalke

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Believe it or not, I think signing a top class GK would be of great benefit to us. Our defensive capabilities (e.g. command of the box at set pieces) would improve significantly if we have a top GK who is switched on.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Believe it or not, I think signing a top class GK would be of great benefit to us. Our defensive capabilities (e.g. command of the box at set pieces) would improve significantly if we have a top GK who is switched on.

Who though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H

I like Fraser Forster.
Good weekend. Two big home games coming up which I expect us to win. Got enough good players available to rotate the starting eleven without a real drop in quality.
Original post by sevchenko
Honestly being 3rd means absolutely nothing. This is the worse time to hit a bad run of form. At the end of the day it's up to AW and the squad to perform, I feel we need to be more convincing in our performances. This is the first I'm nervous about securing top four. We have Chelsea, Liverpool at home and Utd away needless to say we must perform and get results. We can beat all 3 of them if we turn up confident we can continue to stomp the small teams now that we have good depth

Liverpool is our biggest threat tbh. They look very convincing atm individual players are performing and look a solid unit.

Hmm your last 12 games aren't as easy as I thought they were. Even then, once you get knocked out of the CL in the next round, it will be an easier run to finish 3rd.

Original post by Lúcio

Spoiler

PRSOM
Besides Chelsea and Man City, no team has been convincing this season. Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Southampton have all had periods where they scraped draws or victories that they did not deserve, and United's entire season has been based on winning games they didn't deserve.
I really hope we beat Utd in the cup ; we need to go all out for it.

Latest