The Student Room Group

Anyone else lol @ people who don't like Pink Floyd?

5:38-6:45

pink floyd is the epitome and a specimen of human excellence and potential

can't take anyone seriously who isn't a HARDCORE floyd fan

discuss

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by AnorexicOnWkends
5:38-6:45

pink floyd is the epitome and a specimen of human excellence and potential

can't take anyone seriously who isn't a HARDCORE floyd fan

discuss
Posting a clip of Echoes as your example of their excellence is like posting a thread about The Beatles with a clip of Love Me Do. Get a real song up there like Sheep or Brain Damage/Eclipse.

You actually make it sound as though there is no other music. But to be honest while Pink Floyd's stuff has touched me in some very deep ways and helped me become the person I am now, there's other music that's really good too. Jethro Tull, for example, have done some really good stuff that makes you think and gets in your bones, like Thick as a Brick and A Passion Play.
Original post by Tootles
Posting a clip of Echoes as your example of their excellence is like posting a thread about The Beatles with a clip of Love Me Do. Get a real song up there like Sheep or Brain Damage/Eclipse.

You actually make it sound as though there is no other music. But to be honest while Pink Floyd's stuff has touched me in some very deep ways and helped me become the person I am now, there's other music that's really good too. Jethro Tull, for example, have done some really good stuff that makes you think and gets in your bones, like Thick as a Brick and A Passion Play.

go away (srs)
Reply 3
Nope :yy:

Spoiler

One of the most overrated bands in history.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
One of the most overrated bands in history.

are u trying to say the dark side of the moon isn't the greatest album of all time
are u trying to say the dark side of the moon isn't the greatest album of all time

Yes.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Yes.

Jimi Hendrix Experience>Pink Floyd

but I do like Dark Side of the Moon, I must admit Time and Money are fantastic
I don't lol at anyone for their music tastes because I'm not so judgmental, OP. (Except maybe if they collect Rebecca Black merchandise :tongue:)
Nickelback > Pink Floyd
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Jimi Hendrix Experience>Pink Floyd

but I do like Dark Side of the Moon, I must admit Time and Money are fantastic

then who was breathe, us and them, brain damage, any colour you like etc?
I only lol at people who say they have no interest in 'old world music' like some 'obscure' Pink Floyd and then just love Another Brick in the Wall, Part Two when it comes on.
then who was breathe, us and them, brain damage, any colour you like etc?

eh they're alright innit
Original post by sjgriffiths
I only lol at people who say they have no interest in 'old world music' like some 'obscure' Pink Floyd and then just love Another Brick in the Wall, Part Two when it comes on.

haha funny thing is i just finished listening to that song as i type this
I have seen Pink Floyd twice, Roger Waters' shows on a couple of occasions, was at the David Gimour show where Kate Bush guested on one song and once spoke to David Gilmour. It's a pity I am not old enough to ever have seen them when the late Syd Barrett was a part of the band.

Many people in this country watch Simon Cowell's 'talent' shows or listen to bad karaoke. I don't laugh at them, I just wish people such as Simon Cowell were banished to a desert island and never darkened our tv screens again.
Reply 15
But Taylor Swift is better?
I tend to find Pink Floyd fans are a bunch of pretentious turnips.
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Nickelback > Pink Floyd

Original post by Arkasia

Was Handmade Turnip the inspiration for your insult there?
Original post by Arkasia

uwotm9
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Nickelback > Pink Floyd

Tbf I don't get what all the memetic hate for Nickelback is, Bon Jovi's just as cringe and I like both :s-smilie:

I mean c'mon Someday and How You Remind Me are ****ing tooonz

Quick Reply

Latest