The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5140
Original post by shatmypants
So is it the same for the other prayers? Like zuhr and asr, I guess I could pray zuhr at sixth form but I'll miss asr as I stay back to study. I don't understand what times I can pray until. I think I'll ask someone who lives near me, even if they do judge me :frown:

I realised my life is empty and I'm depressed because I don't have Allah in my life. I always moan about having an unfortunate life, but I've realised I haven't given anything to Allah and so I deserve this sh*t I'm currently in. I've committed some very bad sins, and I know I'm going to hell. I need to sort my life out basically.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you read between the times of each prayer. E.g you can read zuhr any time between the start of zuhr and the start of asr but it's best to read it more towards the start of the time than the end.
Original post by Tpos
Yes you read between the times of each prayer. E.g you can read zuhr any time between the start of zuhr and the start of asr but it's best to read it more towards the start of the time than the end.

Thanks for clearing that up for me :smile: you've been very helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5142
Original post by shatmypants
Thanks for clearing that up for me :smile: you've been very helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

no problem
Narrated by Abu Huraira:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "When Allah completed the creation, He wrote in His Book which is with Him on His Throne, "My Mercy overpowers My Anger."
(Sahih al-Bukhari 3194)

Sis I'm sorry but I'll reply to your PM later when I get time inshallah.
And i will send you my Lil Angel pic (my niece). She is so adorable mashallah. She is cute and chubby so blessed that you can't stop kissing her all day - brings a smile to your face.
Original post by Tpos

Lol I remember the first time I heard someone say "read your namaz" instead of "pray your salah", I was soooo confused... Then I went to high school and got completely desi-fied so I got used to it :tongue:
Original post by Incredible97
Sis I'm sorry but I'll reply to your PM later when I get time inshallah.
And i will send you my Lil Angel pic (my niece). She is so adorable mashallah. She is cute and chubby so blessed that you can't stop kissing her all day - brings a smile to your face.

No it's fine don't worry.
Aww bless. She sounds so cute Masha Allah :smile:
Reply 5147
Original post by themorninglight
Lol I remember the first time I heard someone say "read your namaz" instead of "pray your salah", I was soooo confused... Then I went to high school and got completely desi-fied so I got used to it :tongue:

lol I knew there's the obvious namaz vs salaah thing but is read instead pray also a desi thing? I hadn't noticed! Perhaps it's cuz we literally translate from our mother tongue in which we use the word read instead of pray. Actually I don't know how to translate "pray" into something other than read or do dua.
Original post by Tpos
lol I knew there's the obvious namaz vs salaah thing but is read instead pray also a desi thing? I hadn't noticed! Perhaps it's cuz we literally translate from our mother tongue in which we use the word read instead of pray. Actually I don't know how to translate "pray" into something other than read or do dua.

Pashtuns say they are going to do Munz rather than read Namaz:smile:
I'm talking to myself here, most of the time I can’t just leave everything to myself because one day this heart of mine will fill up so much that it will die itself slowly and I’d lose hope on everything. I've just finished my hwk and I’ve got nothing best to do but just sit down now and write.

Sometimes you realise that you've done nothing wrong in this duniya, alhamduillah no mistakes clean hearted person but then again you know there is always a bad apple in the family i.e. sister/brother. You realise that Allah SWT has given them so many chances in life to succeed and to test them to see what else they’re going to do. They do not realise they’re being tested and they never act upon what I advise or others. It’s sad to see this. It’s just that you never think anything will happen to you, you’re living a normal life but then all of a sudden subhanAllah you’re faced with a horrible situation in life that you think, why me? Why not no one else? I've done nothing wrong. Even my own parents were upset and thinking, why you Maryam. We think that everything is going wrong yet we don’t realise that Allah is setting everything right. When I come to think about it, alhamdulillah I'm okay but then I think He only does this to the special ones. When Allah pushes you to the edge of difficulty, trust him fully because either He’ll catch you when you fall or teach you how to fly. All I think now is, let these difficulties make me a stronger Muslim and more sincere to Allah SWT.
You do not know what you will earn tomorrow (31:34)
:hat2:
(53:58-61) (Surah an-Najm) “The End of Time is near; yet you waste your life in amusement and vanities.”
Original post by somemightsay888

Original post by Mary562

Don-Nah, I'll refrain this time :cool:

How's things?
Original post by somemightsay888
Don-Nah, I'll refrain this time :cool:

How's things?

Well all I can say is "I'm not ok, but it's ok"
All is well and yourself?