The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 65pinkroses
No, Oxford was the only school in the UK I applied to, and travelled to go for interview. I'm still sad about not getting in but my family couldn't afford the international fees anyways (I applied because I loved the school enough for crushing debt)! I've applied to US schools though (Harvard, Stanford, and Princeton) so I'm hopeful.

Thank you! I was relieved to have done well, it helped soften the blow a bit. Have your UK admissions gone well? :smile:

They are some pretty amazing unis you've applied to, when do you hear back from US admissions? I have no idea how the system works in America :tongue:
just got rejected from KCL :frown: so i don't see any hope of UCL giving me an offer now either
Original post by rachel244
just got rejected from KCL :frown: so i don't see any hope of UCL giving me an offer now either

Sorry to hear mate :/ Don't lose hope with UCL though. They would have already rejected you if they didn't want you, so that definitely means something!

Best of luck :smile:
Original post by rachel244

Sorry to hear, but I have a friend who applied last year who didn't make KCL but got an offer from UCL. His LNAT score was 24 I think, but he wrote a good essay. Good luck!
I got a 31 on my LNAT. Applied from Canada and got rejected by Oxford post interview!

Did you have a Skype interview?
Original post by binarythoughts
Did you have a Skype interview?

I travelled to the UK to have my interview in person, actually!
I travelled to the UK to have my interview in person, actually!

I kinda regret not traveling for it :/
Difficult question I know but does anyone know what the highest LNAT score was? Any guesses?
Reply 628
Original post by lavidastudent
Difficult question I know but does anyone know what the highest LNAT score was? Any guesses?

Original post by Lh22

:eek: Woah! Thanks
Got an offer from Durham wooo!
Original post by LauraHibbert96
Got an offer from Durham wooo!

Congrats!
I got 28, sorry for such a slow reply!
Original post by binarythoughts
Congrats!

thank you!!
Reply 634
Original post by okuyombenya
KCL is my 1st choice too. I got 16 :frown: I'm so disheartened.

hey i got 16 too and kcl was my first choice. did u receive an offer ?
Has anyone with an offer from Kings received a Dickson poon scholarship?
Hi Jenkinsear.
I also received an offer from Durham for Criminology on one of their referred courses (rejected for Law). Do you think it would be crazy to accept that rather that Law at Bristol or Exeter and then consider doing a Law conversion, if I still wanted to do Law? I am more interested in doing Law for the academic investigation and training rather that necessarily becoming a lawyer.

Original post by jenkinsear
I'd avoid Nottingham- they traditionally dish out way more 2.2's for law than the other universities you mention. A 2.2 is basically a real real impediment in getting jobs, so for that reason alone I would personally be wary of Nottingham as a choice.

As for Bristol vs Exeter I don't think there's much difference really. Bristol probably has the better reputation as an overall University, but Exeter's law school is quite well regarded. Have you visited them both? A common criticism of Exeter is that the City is a bit dull, whilst Bristol obviously is a very studenty City, so perhaps that may be a way of deciding between them? Whichever you pick I wouldn't say either is a bad decision.
Original post by kewbacca
Has anyone with an offer from Kings received a Dickson poon scholarship?

yea
Original post by alisonthomson
Hi Jenkinsear.
I also received an offer from Durham for Criminology on one of their referred courses (rejected for Law). Do you think it would be crazy to accept that rather that Law at Bristol or Exeter and then consider doing a Law conversion, if I still wanted to do Law? I am more interested in doing Law for the academic investigation and training rather that necessarily becoming a lawyer.

In my opinion, no, because you seem to value prestige rather than the subject itself here (since you applied for law everywhere). Bristol (and Exeter, but personally to a lesser extent) boasts a very good law school, and you definitely won't miss out by going there. If you believe you'll like criminology, then definitely go ahead and accept Durham... That's up to you. But in any case, the reputation difference between Durham and Bristol for Law is pretty small, so don't base your decision on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a 38 on my LNAT applying from the U.S. and I'm still waiting on KCL (received offers from QMUL and Edinburgh both for Law and St. Andrews for IR/Econ) does anyone else think this is weird?

Latest

Trending

Trending