The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia
Besides Chelsea and Man City, no team has been convincing this season. Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Southampton have all had periods where they scraped draws or victories that they did not deserve, and United's entire season has been based on winning games they didn't deserve.

Difference is that our period was very early on and right now in the present is where we're best.

To put it another way, bearing in mind United have more points but Liverpool have awesome form; who would you rather be right now?
Original post by leinad2012
Also, why is our CL game on Sky AGAIN? Getting ****ing sick of it. None of our group stage games were on ITV because ****ing Liverpool and City had all the ITV games, granted Liverpool were going to get dicked on dumped out of the group stage so needed to have a game on ITV so non Sky viewers could watch them, but it's an absolute piss take that there hasn't been one Arsenal CL match on ITV, means I'll have to watch another ****ty stream because I don't want to pay for Sky (like millions of other football fans).

If ITV is going to get 1 English teams CL game per round of fixtures at least have the decency to share it out evenly among the English teams rather than showing 5 Liverpool and City games in the group stage, then only Chelsea and City in the knockouts. **** sake

Loool rant made me laugh, guessing you're not a sky sports customer then :lol:
This is how I feel every time a premier league match, especially when it involves us is on BT sport :angry: gets me mad because I'm not willing to shell out an extra £15 a month for that ffs, already pay a fortune for Sky sports!

I swear whenever a game is at home for the English teams its on sky and when it's away, like PSG v Chelsea for example it's on ITV? Meh I don't know. Yeah Arsenal v Monaco is on Sky, the return leg might be on ITV.

Watch next season when the whole bloody CL, all 350 matches...are on BT sport :frown: :colonhash:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
This is how I feel every time a premier league match, especially when it involves us is on BT sport :angry: gets me mad because I'm not willing to shell out an extra £15 a month for that ffs, already pay a fortune for Sky sports!

I swear whenever a game is at home for the English teams its on sky and when it's away, like PSG v Chelsea for example it's on ITV? Meh I don't know. Yeah Arsenal v Monaco is on Sky, the return leg might be on ITV.

Watch next season when the whole bloody CL, all 350 matches...are on BT sport :frown: :colonhash:

I much prefer it when we're on bt sport as i get that for free due to being a bt customer and I don't have sky sports

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a LFC on here trying to give some subtle digs over the fact we're probably going to go out in the QF on the CL when Swiss and Bulgarian sides strangled them like kittens months ago? smh.

Liverpool fans are uniquely terrible for the old living in greenhouses and throwing stones stuff.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TH3-FL45H
I much prefer it when we're on bt sport as i get that for free due to being a bt customer and I don't have sky sports

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, everyone will have their preferences.
Team for Wednesday?

Is Gibbs fit?
Reply 2026

lol you can use one of my BT logins np. I generally just watch a stream anyway as it's less effort.

edit: I'd definitely swap you a bt for sky login if you were offering too :lol:
Original post by samba
lol you can use one of my BT logins np. I generally just watch a stream anyway as it's less effort.

edit: I'd definitely swap you a bt for sky login if you were offering too :lol:

What do you mean that BT has its own version of sky go?
I do have a sky login but that only allows you to use it on a max of 2 devices which is currently on my laptop and dad's phone lol :smile:
Original post by Zürich
Is there a LFC on here trying to give some subtle digs over the fact we're probably going to go out in the QF on the CL when Swiss and Bulgarian sides strangled them like kittens months ago? smh.

Liverpool fans are uniquely terrible for the old living in greenhouses and throwing stones stuff.

Always love it when Zurich gets totally ignored...

A lot of Arsenal's group stage CL games were on SKY 1 for some strange reason.
Original post by Tom_Ford
I like Fraser Forster.

"Top Class" and Fraser ****ing Forster don't exactly go hand in hand. That's like saying we need a world class winger and then suggesting we sign Nani

The guy is no better than Szc or Ospina, the real star of Southamptons defence is Jose Fonte.

Awwww bbz I feel for you.

Manz got BT Broadband which gives BT sport for free...

It's not all that tho, I'd probs rather watch some ****ty foreign stream with bare buffering than Jake Humphrey and co providing 'insight'. Man should have stuck with bamzooki

Michael Owen is a tool as well, so ****ing nasal
(edited 9 years ago)
Never usually feel confident over Arsenal but we're in really good form now and I'm sure we'll dick Monaco over the two legs. They scored 4 and conceded 1 in 6 games. Yet for some reason I'm sure we can put 3/4 past them on Wednesday. After that it's all a gamble really, if we're lucky we can get Porto/Basel/Dortmund/Juve in the next round as they're not very strong teams and getting to the semi finals would be overachieving IMO.
Predictions for the game v Monaco?
Giroud's in top form so I reckon he'll bag a couple. Santi with another. 3-0.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2034
What do you mean that BT has its own version of sky go?
I do have a sky login but that only allows you to use it on a max of 2 devices which is currently on my laptop and dad's phone lol :smile:

Yep, it does! You just use your BT login and you're a go :smile: Not sure how many devices you're allowed but I have a login for each house/flat, so it should be ok :lol: Can't you ask sky for a 3rd device or something? :p:
Original post by IsaacLauro
Predictions for the game v Monaco?
Giroud's in top form so I reckon he'll bag a couple. Santi with another. 3-0.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They play extremely defensive and tactical apparently but tbh Arsenal are pretty happy to spend 90m trying to break that down. Over 90m you expect players like Ozil, Cazorla and Sanchez to fashion a way in. Giroud is very sharp atm but with the way they play I expect the goals to come from midfield with us moving the ball quickly and getting their defence on the back foot.

Their midfield is very tenacious though with Moutinho, Konglobia and Toulalan very street smart and solid so we'll need to be much sharper than vs Palace or Spurs. Not a lot of goal scoring threat from it though however so Coq should manage. Wish Arteta was fit tbh, he'd be good in that kind of tactical battle.

I see it as a 2-0 but even a 0-0 wouldnt be a disaster really.
(edited 9 years ago)
We won't steamroll Monaco, they have the joint best defensive record (19) in Ligue 1 but their attacking record (26) is 15th is quite poor. They've only ever scored over two goals twice over the entire season in all competitions. On average they have 52.5% possession. It's clear they lack a consistent attacking threat and favour defense.

It's looking like it will be a low scoring game of fine margins and frustration if we don't take our chances. It's up to Arsenal to get an away goal early in order to make them change their defensive stance and come out.

Alexis, Santi, Ozil, Giroud and Walcott is our best attacking line up right now, they surely must be able to create chances and get a goal away from home. Carrasco coming from the left will be a major danger for whoever plays at RB. He's is their most dangerous and creative player imo, he has the pace and skill to disrupt in the weakest part of our defense
Walcott needs to start.

It just frustrates me that Liverpool had so many games on ITV simply because they've been so **** that they haven't been able to get into the cl for years.

At least the second leg is on ITV from the sounds of it, probably just that the ITV crew want to go on a jolly up in Monaco so chose our away fixture for once. Still I'm fairly sure we didn't have 1 game on ITV in the group stage which is a bit of a piss take really, all English teams should get at least 1 game shown.

God do BT really have all the games in the cl next year? At least bt is cheaper than sky so it may actually be worth getting a subscription for me at least. But knowing bt they'll try to move all Arsenals cl games to lunchtime kickoffs to try to continue the BT lunchtime kickoff curse, ****ing Jake Humphrey, wish he'd stick to commentating on **** no one cares about anymore like Formula 1 and the NFL Wembley games, absolute tool
Original post by al_94
A lot of Arsenal's group stage CL games were on SKY 1 for some strange reason.

ikr, sky promotion probably!

Original post by Dr. Django
Awwww bbz I feel for you.

Manz got BT Broadband which gives BT sport for free...

It's not all that tho, I'd probs rather watch some ****ty foreign stream with bare buffering than Jake Humphrey and co providing 'insight'. Man should have stuck with bamzooki

Michael Owen is a tool as well, so ****ing nasal

I love this guy :rofl:
ahh yeah, could just switch broadbands but loyalty init. :tongue: Life was better when they didn't exist tbh.

Original post by samba
Yep, it does! You just use your BT login and you're a go :smile: Not sure how many devices you're allowed but I have a login for each house/flat, so it should be ok :lol: Can't you ask sky for a 3rd device or something? :p:

Yeah you can add devices by buying Sky Go Extra which is just long #Studentlife :smile:
It's alright though...will have to depend on highlights :emo:

Latest