The Student Room Group

Oscar Winners Prediction Competition!

Scroll to see replies

I know I am late but plz akh.

Best Picture - Birdman
Best Actor - Michael Keaton (Birdman)
Best Actress - Julianne Moore (Still Alice)
Best Supporting Actor - J.K. Simmons (Whiplash)
Best Supporting Actress - Patricia Arquette (Boyhood)
Best Director - Richard Linklater (Boyhood)

Most Awards - Birdman
Original post by itsConnor_
Best Picture
Birdman

Best Actor
Eddie Redmayne, The Theory of Everything

Best Actress
Julianne Moore, Still Alice

Best Supporting Actor
J. K. Simmons, Whiplash

Best Supporting Actress
Patricia Arquette, Boyhood

​Best Director
Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Birdman

Most awards: Birdman

Man, I think you got them all right but you posted an hour late??!
Original post by youthfulwriter
Man, I think you got them all right but you posted an hour late??!

I know! :biggrin: Please say I'm still eligible..it's not like I posted after any awards were announced. Please :s-smilie:
Original post by itsConnor_
I know! :biggrin: Please say I'm still eligible..it's not like I posted after any awards were announced. Please :s-smilie:

haha as much as I'd love for you to win, if you don't, then I will become the joint winner with 5/6 correct! it's a tricky situation for the judge-- a grey area. Best of luck :smile:
Damn, apart from best director I got them all right. So close...

Posted from TSR Mobile
People had over a month to post their predictions. Why post an hour after the deadline ffs?
Reply 106
Original post by youthfulwriter
haha as much as I'd love for you to win, if you don't, then I will become the joint winner with 5/6 correct! it's a tricky situation for the judge-- a grey area. Best of luck :smile:

I think there was someone else who got 6/6 but got the film to win most awards wrong so it might go to them if itsConnor isn't legible.
5/6, fairly impressed with that :ahee:

Good luck everyone!
So it's official. Birdman really is the most overrated film of the year
I was pretty sure Boyhood would win, but it was always between Birdman and Boyhood. Still, I got 5/6, so not bad.
Eddie Redmayne didn't deserve to win. Seems like all you need to do to win an Oscar now is to make a film about slavery, disability or homophobia.
Original post by Evening
Eddie Redmayne didn't deserve to win. Seems like all you need to do to win an Oscar now is to make a film about slavery, disability or homophobia.

While the second like is partially true at least, I can't agree with the first: Redmayne's performance as Hawking was excellent (tbh the film was excellent - it's second only to Kingsman for the films I've watched in the past year).

Quite pleased that Boyhood flopped quite badly - it was an interesting idea but a pretty poor film: i expected it to sweep up awards like best director for the concept more than the actual film.
Original post by Evening

Who deserved to win then?
Reply 113
Once again the academy get things hopelessly wrong. Best Picture should have gone to Boyhood and Director to Richard Linklater. Delighted to see Eddie Redmayne win best actor but the fact that Jake Gyllenhaal wasn't even nominated in that category means the academy had already lost all credibility.
Reply 114
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
While the second like is partially true at least, I can't agree with the first: Redmayne's performance as Hawking was excellent (tbh the film was excellent - it's second only to Kingsman for the films I've watched in the past year).

Quite pleased that Boyhood flopped quite badly - it was an interesting idea but a pretty poor film: i expected it to sweep up awards like best director for the concept more than the actual film.

YES! I agree wholeheartedly about the 'Boyhood' thing; it only got so many awards and oscar buzz because it was shot over 12 years, but the film itself was pretty awful (especially the writing and dialogue). I am glad someone else thinks so too.
4/6. Poor.
Hi! I've written a blog post on my 'alternative' Oscar Winners, including Best Cast To Pulloff Wearing Mustaches Without Looking Pervy and also why I haven't and wont be watching Boyhood! Would love it if you could check it out :smile:

aworldling.blogspot.com
Bit nuts how the Oscars dished out awards to Birdman but couldn't award the guy (Michael Keaton) who held the film together.

I guess 12 years of work (Boyhood) doesn't mean anything...a film's legacy can't be forged by gold I suppose.
So what's going to happen next?
Reply 119
To people who are trashing Boyhood, this film is not a gimmick and it is not poorly executed. It's a masterpiece. Full of warmth, funny and brilliantly acted, this will go down in history as one of the worst mistakes the Academy have ever made.

If you were bored watching it, then fine but that doesn't make it a bad film and it certainly doesn't give you the right to trash Richard Linklater's extraordinary piece of work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending