Yeah most definitely :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by samu16
Will today be an offer monday?

Hope so
Original post by tomixox
Is anyone else finding A2 micro a load of crap? I don't know if it's just OCR but this s**t is DULL

Do you do transport?
Original post by reebex
Eu sunt român ������ - I've come to Scotland to finish the last 2 years of high school tho. Got an offer for Management. What course are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha:smile: Management, but I have to take the ugaa because of the baccalaureate
Original post by jchap9776
Do you do transport?

No thank god; work and leisure
Original post by tomixox
No thank god; work and leisure

Lucky you...
Original post by tomixox
Is anyone else finding A2 micro a load of crap? I don't know if it's just OCR but this s**t is DULL

Haha I do! So damn boring and kinda difficult. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3867
Original post by ftrstudent15
Need some advice, please.

I got an offer for Management from LSE. However, for the last month I've been having this constant 'fight' with myself wondering if it's the right thing for me or if I should have applied to Law.

I thought of taking a gap and then applying to Law but all good and worth work experience placements closed their application process by now.

Do you think I could go on do my first year of Management and then, if I think it wasn't the right one, I could apply again through UCAS for Law? Anyone else went through this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you do management, you can take a postgraduate 'conversion course' and get licensed to practise. That course, incidentally, takes about a year, so by the end of the 4 years, you get a bsc in management from LSE and a license to practise law.

The question is what you will do with your gap year. If you do something that is more worthwhile than a bsc (aid worker in Africa maybe?) then take a gap year. Otherwise go for conversion

Another option is education in America. In the US law is studied postgrad (there is no such thing as an undergrad law degree). Also in the us you finish with a JD rather than an LLB. You can finish your management degree at LSE and then apply to Harvard, Columbia or Yale law - degrees from which would set you up for.life.

Of.course, given that you have never studied law or management, you may find that you absolutely love management and want to get an mba.

It is up to you whether you value a gap year more that the extra degree. You can definitely still do law after.
You peeps who got management offers, well done! I'm still a hopeful ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm no expert but defo having the full a level grades is advantageous, though it depends what other offers you have, if none are on a par with lse and you feel you're better than them then reapplying is defo worth the shot, but you've got to have the mental strength to get through that gap year - idk if i have it myself but props to anybody who does and gets what they want a year later. if you're set on reapplying I recommend working as hard as you can to maximise your a2 grades, with a*aa+ you defo have higher chances :smile:

Thank you soo much You made my day from this advice
Received an offer for Economics BSc from on Thursday the 19th Feb. Applied after receiving A2 grades (so with a gap year).
Acquired A*A*AB (Maths ,Econ ,Geo & Further Maths). GCSE 6A* 4A's. Attended Hills Road, Netherhall and St Albans as my schooling. They were all non-private schools. Born in Sri Lanka but Nationality is British.

Rejected from Oxford E&M (St Peters), most likely due to weak TSA performance (55).

Currently undecided on whether to pick UCL with a year abroad at UCLA/Columbia OR LSE Straight Econ.

If you're reading this thread it probably won't be useful to you if you haven't received an offer or rejection because all it made me do is be more apprehensive. All you really need to take away from this thread and last years thread is that most of the Offers come around March time. The longer you're mean't to wait really doesn't mean that much, because if they didn't want you they would have rejected you already. Regardless, here is all my info. Also, LSE aren't that strict. I had a friend that was accepted last year to do straight Econ with an A*AAa prediction 'a' in AS further. She got A*AAa, she only did AS further in her A2 year. Her personal statement was good, not filled with lots of extra curricular at all, just good economic content.
Original post by aisha 56
Thank you soo much You made my day from this advice

Glad I can help but it really is just my opinion, it's a big decision and you need to do a lot of thinking - finding someone who did a gap year from your situation would be beneficial
Glad I can help but it really is just my opinion, it's a big decision and you need to do a lot of thinking - finding someone who did a gap year from your situation would be beneficial

Yeah I agree.. It depends on my final results which will decide what i'm going to do next.
obvs a huge long way off thinking about it let alone applying, but does anybody know if you can do mba/finance postgrads in the US without prior work experience, eg straight after graduation from a UK uni? I know you can do Msc Finance without experience at LSE and Imperial - just me being curious haha :smile:
obvs a huge long way off thinking about it let alone applying, but does anybody know if you can do mba/finance postgrads in the US without prior work experience, eg straight after graduation from a UK uni? I know you can do Msc Finance without experience at LSE and Imperial - just me being curious haha :smile:

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3876
Original post by okmandy
Did anyone get a Social Policy & Government offer?I applied on Nov 1st and heard nothing since Christmas.I am an American applicant using ap scores as qualifications.

I applied to the same program as you and I am also an American student using AP qualifications. I have yet to hear from them and I applied november 5th. fingers crossed.
Original post by applebeee
Are you an international applicant?

Yup! R U an international student as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KATIEHIDDLESTON
Yup! R U an international student as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yapm Canada. What aboot you?
Original post by Thevindu
Received an offer for Economics BSc from on Thursday the 19th Feb. Applied after receiving A2 grades (so with a gap year).
Acquired A*A*AB (Maths ,Econ ,Geo & Further Maths). GCSE 6A* 4A's. Attended Hills Road, Netherhall and St Albans as my schooling. They were all non-private schools. Born in Sri Lanka but Nationality is British.

Rejected from Oxford E&M (St Peters), most likely due to weak TSA performance (55).

Currently undecided on whether to pick UCL with a year abroad at UCLA/Columbia OR LSE Straight Econ.

If you're reading this thread it probably won't be useful to you if you haven't received an offer or rejection because all it made me do is be more apprehensive. All you really need to take away from this thread and last years thread is that most of the Offers come around March time. The longer you're mean't to wait really doesn't mean that much, because if they didn't want you they would have rejected you already. Regardless, here is all my info. Also, LSE aren't that strict. I had a friend that was accepted last year to do straight Econ with an A*AAa prediction 'a' in AS further. She got A*AAa, she only did AS further in her A2 year. Her personal statement was good, not filled with lots of extra curricular at all, just good economic content.

I would honestly pick the UCL Year abroad. Whilst LSE is the better brand name on your CV etc. the difference between them and UCL is not huge, especially at the undergrad level; if you look at the modules for both it is virtually the same, similar thing with location.

A year at an Ivy League is something which not many people are going to be able to say they've done, and living in the States for a year can be a life-changing experience depending on how you choose to spend it. Especially if you plan to live or work in the States after you graduate, the contacts you can make would be invaluable. So from a non-biased perspective I think UCL L101 would be the better choice, the main thing LSE has going for it is the name in this case.

Lastly, I agree with your final point. A lot are under the false impression that impressive ECs, work experience etc. make a good PS for LSE, when showing a clear and demonstrable understanding and passion for your subject is enough.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending