The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

JazakAllah Khair for this Tpos :smile:

Brilliant, he outlines some very important points and makes some excellent comments on the Persian, Abbasid and Ottoman empires.

Original post by FreedomCostsTax
X

I think you'd like this :smile:
Original post by themorninglight
Lol I remember the first time I heard someone say "read your namaz" instead of "pray your salah", I was soooo confused... Then I went to high school and got completely desi-fied so I got used to it :tongue:

Loooooool same. I think its a pakistani thing. My pakistani mates used to tell me this so yeah.
Original post by Mary562
You do not know what you will earn tomorrow (31:34)

Salam alaikum.
If you need to talk about anything, feel free to PM me hun. You're not alone x
Reply 5165
Original post by interact
JazakAllah Khair for this Tpos :smile:

Brilliant, he outlines some very important points and makes some excellent comments on the Persian, Abbasid and Ottoman empires.

We iyyak, knew he wouldn't let me down.so shared without listening, mashaAllah, he's a great guy. I better listen now though lol

Original post by HAnwar
Do you go to SOAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, the post referring to an old event for which the audio is linked in the comments
Original post by Mary562
I'm talking to myself here, most of the time I can’t just leave everything to myself because one day this heart of mine will fill up so much that it will die itself slowly and I’d lose hope on everything. I've just finished my hwk and I’ve got nothing best to do but just sit down now and write.

Sometimes you realise that you've done nothing wrong in this duniya, alhamduillah no mistakes clean hearted person but then again you know there is always a bad apple in the family i.e. sister/brother. You realise that Allah SWT has given them so many chances in life to succeed and to test them to see what else they’re going to do. They do not realise they’re being tested and they never act upon what I advise or others. It’s sad to see this. It’s just that you never think anything will happen to you, you’re living a normal life but then all of a sudden subhanAllah you’re faced with a horrible situation in life that you think, why me? Why not no one else? I've done nothing wrong. Even my own parents were upset and thinking, why you Maryam. We think that everything is going wrong yet we don’t realise that Allah is setting everything right. When I come to think about it, alhamdulillah I'm okay but then I think He only does this to the special ones. When Allah pushes you to the edge of difficulty, trust him fully because either He’ll catch you when you fall or teach you how to fly. All I think now is, let these difficulties make me a stronger Muslim and more sincere to Allah SWT.

SubhanAllah thats really well written and really true. May Allah help us all through difficult times and keep us steadfast on the deen. Ameen.

Nice to have you back btw. Hope you're okay. :hugs:
Original post by Tpos
We iyyak, knew he wouldn't let me down.so shared without listening, mashaAllah, he's a great guy. I better listen now though lol

No, the post referring to an old event for which the audio is linked in the comments

Cool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tawheed

Islam tells us we are the best of Creation

Islam tells us we have a purpose in life, a goal, a direction.

Islam tells us using our intelligence, our free will, we can shape our own destiny as to where we end up in the hereafter.

Angels were even made to bow down to Adam pbuh.

Allah swt talks about his mercy on us, his favours on us many times in the Quran.

SubhanAllah brother so true
Islam is a religion of Peace
JZK-K :yy:

Original post by Incredible97
As its known from its name Islam, with it's clear and direct expression of peace and security it's a religion of truth, Islam has a great appeal to anyone seeking knowledge and want to follow the right path .. Islam has a solution for all our problems that raises during our life. Islam is a guide towards a better and complete life. Islam is a religion of freedom. Islam makes the purpose of life easier. It has made every step of life easier such as marriage , family ; how to respect and gain respect, how to behave , how to stop yourself from coming Evil action , how to be successful and achieve in your life . The list is endless.

:yy:

JZK-K for sharing sister, lslam is the religion of peace and mercy the true message of God (Allah)

Original post by Mary562
The Prophet (pbuh) said: “Envy is justified in regard to two types of persons only: a man whom Allah has given knowledge of the Qur’an, and so he recites it during the night and during the day; and a man whom Allah has given wealth and so he spends from it during the night and during the day.” [Bukhari and Muslim].

So true SubhanAllah
JZK-K for sharing sister :yy:
Original post by IdeasForLife

:yy::yy:
One day a poor man brought a bunch of grapes to the holy prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) as a gift. The holy prophet (pbuh) ate one, two, three and then the whole bunch of grapes by himself. He did not offer grapes to anyone present. The poor man who brought those grapes was very pleased and left.

One of the companions asked, "O prophet of Allah (peace be upon Him) ! How come you ate all the grapes by yourself and did not offer to any one of us present? The holy Prophet (peace be upon Him) smiled and said, "I ate all the grapes by myself because the grapes were sour. If I would have offered you, you might have made funny faces and that would have hurt the feelings of that poor man. I thought to myself that it's better that I eat all of them cheerfully and please the poor man. I did not want to hurt the feelings of that poor man."
Such were the manners of this most noble Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him)

SubhanAllah. The greatness of our great Prophet (peace be upon him)

Moral:
1) Consideration for the feelings of others
2) Graciousness in accepting gifts.

Beautiful
Asalaamulaykum all.

Original post by Amazing!!
:yy::yy:

Beautiful

:yy:
Sorry for the late reply guys. I'll reply at once to every one, too long to reply individually, busy nowadays :redface:

Thanks for the feedback. I feel like taking all the credit but it was actually Ash's idea :tongue: So, all goes to him :biggrin:

I'll take your ideas/suggestions into consideration and if you have pics of your own that'd look cool - throw them at me. In the mean time I shall find a way to zoom in on the kaba etc... :h:

Original post by Ankabout
Walaikum assalam,

It looks aesthetically pleasing enough but I think the Ka'aba is too small and perhaps it should be in the middle (seems a bit on left side)? :smile: OR... maybe keep the Ka'aba on right side and have white text "TSR Islamic Society" on left side.

Original post by Strange quark.
Nice idea, ideas :yes:

Yeh, it would be cool if all muslamics had that in their sig... It's like a sense of unity and all that

Pic looks good too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by The_K1NG
Nice idea bro. I like it.

Original post by kyoti
that's a wonderful idea. :awesome: i think pic is a bit small.... crop it in if you can so you can see Kaaba and Masjid al Haram.

Original post by HAnwar
Sounds cool. The picture's pretty as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't see the picture of the kaba properly.It's all pixilated 👎(viewed from my phone).
Good idea though.

Original post by themorninglight
I wasn't quoted (:colonhash:) but I also think it's a good idea... picture is nice albeit a bit small (although I am viewing it on my phone).

Edit: Just checked via web and it looks great, link works as well. Thumbs up from me.

Walaikumasalam Ideas4Life, apparently it's not allowing me to reply to your post, I don't know why:confused:?confused.com. Anyway I think it's a brilliant idea tbh, but as Anka mentioned the Kaaba is too small and perhaps it should be in the middle, and you can't really see the Kaaba properly. However i like it, good job Ideas4Life:yy:

Original post by Tennumbers
Looks good, bro. :smile: Contrary to popular opinion, I think the pic looks really good :lol:
Let us know what the final plan is so we can add to our sigs.

Original post by ash92:)

perhaps crop the sides a bit to remove some of the dark background areas and focus more on the centre?
Sorry for the late reply guys. I'll reply at once to every one, too long to reply individually, busy nowadays :redface:

Thanks for the feedback. I feel like taking all the credit but it was actually Ash's idea :tongue: So, all goes to him :biggrin:

I'll take your ideas/suggestions into consideration and if you have pics of your own that'd look cool - throw them at me. In the mean time I shall find a way to zoom in on the kaba etc... :h:

Wasalam.
Thanks for doing this :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Peace be with you all,

Today i am going to address another 'Contradiction'. Did Allah swt create the heavens before the earth , and the 8 vs 6 day 'contradiction'.

You know , this is one of the 'contradictions' some seem to love to use and manipulate. However, when you merely read into the verses, look at their context, and use rationality and reason you will realize there is no such contradiction.Let us look at Ayat (verses) 41:9-12 "(verse 9) Say: Is it that ye Deny Him (Allah) Who created the earth in two days? And do ye join equals with Him? He is the Lord of (all) the worlds. (verse 10) He set on the (earth) mountains standing firm, high above it, and bestowed blessings on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in four days, in accordance with (the needs of) those who seek (sustenance). (verse 11) Moreover, He Comprehended in His design the sky, and it had been (as) smoke: He said to it and to the earth: 'Come ye together, Willingly or unwillingly.' They said: 'We do come (together), in willing obedience.' (verse 12) So He completed them as seven firmaments in two days and He assigned to each heaven its duty and command. And We (Allah) adorned the lower heaven with lights, and (provided it) with guard. Such is the Decree of (Him) The Exalted in Might, Full of Knowledge.

1. Basic structure of the earth is created in two periods.
2. The nourishment on the earth is created completed in four periods, which may also include the initial two periods used to create the earth, so it took four periods in total, 2 for the basic structure, and a further two to further create what is on earth and proportion and meaure (etc),. If I say I made a house in two days, and then built a cupboard, put in the carpet, painted it, and it was done in four days. It could be that I meant four days to create everything, including the initial structure of the house, to the decorations actually took 2 days.
3. The events are not meant to be a sequential account. In at least 4-5+ places in the Quran does it say the creation of the universe took 6 days (periods). Muhammed pbuh was a well known merchant, a successful one and certainly had the counting capacity above that of a two year old. His companions did too, and there were many who would have used such an obviously flawed erroneous error of counting had these verses meant to be taken sequentially.
4. The Quran does not say ‘Allah then created sky’. It actually says there was already a pre-existing ‘smoke’ and hence the universe was already in a form of a gaseous mass of particles. Furthermore, the process could be seen as simultaneous, i.e God not giving a distinct sequential account, but the overall process. Therefore the ‘two periods’ could be taken as within the six periods of overall creation.

5. The following verses give a sequential account of the creation of the universe. This account in fact is extremely accurate.

1. "Are you a more difficult creation or is the heaven? Allah constructed it.
2. He raised its ceiling and proportioned it.
3. And He darkened its night and extracted its brightness.
4. And after that He spread the earth." HOLY QURAN

Note, the word used here is ‘and after that’ can only mean a sequential account.

1. The universe as a whole is created first, Allah swt constructs it, proportions it, raises it.
2. The third verse may refer to the formation of stars, or the energy and light given off by the initial stages of the universe. I think it may refer to stars, due to taking the Quran holistically.
3. The fourth verse clearly denotes the creation of the earth occurred after this, shattering the idea that the earth was made, AND THEN God created everything else in the universe.
Closing remarks:
1. The Quran in clear language states the earth was completed after God created the structure of the universe, after he had ‘brought out its light’ either meaning stars, or the light that must have been given off either via energy etc, and the completion of the earth is clearly denoted to be among the last of what occurs.
2. The Quran is clearly in the creation of the universe being in six periods, and Muhammed pbuh a merchant knew how to count, as did his followers, and even his enemies. The word ‘moreover’ and the context of the verses I have expanded on clearly present plausible scenario’s which show the verses are not all sequential and the events are overlapping.
3. In the only clear and unambiguous verse, Allah swt clearly states using a word ‘after that’ which denotes that the earth was among the last things completed.
4. The original verse alludes to the early stage of the universe, when it had been ‘smoke’ / a gaseous mass of particles, and God perhaps creating the universe in two distinct large periods of time, which overlap with different periods of time used to create the earth. The earth may well have been part of this ‘smoke’. Think about it. Smoke is a gaseous mass of particles which are spread apart. If you call on ‘smoke’ to ‘come together’ willingly or unwillingly, essentially you are asking a gaseous mass of particles to start to condense. We know the universe existed as a gaseous mass of particles, cloud were formed, gravity acted. Therefore the verses may not be sequential , overlapping and refer to both the earth as well as the rest of the universe being created from a gaseous mass of particles.

I deem there to be no contradiction therefore in the Quran. I have not said a word means 100 things, and used that as a cop out. I have merely given true context, used basic means of reasoning, as well as showed a holistic representation of the verses of the Quran.

I was inspired so I made this for fun. Enjoy! :biggrin:

Finally your computer skills come to good use anka

It looks good. But it can be even more beautiful if the writing was in arabic with an english translation cos arabic looks waay cooler :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ilovereading
Yeah I'm probably gonna get a cardiovascular disease due to hypertension soon enough:L

lol

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
If you are still not convinced, and believe Muhammed pbuh explicitly stated that the earth was created before the rest of the universe, then let me explain it in this way

Ayat (verses) 41:9-12 "(verse 9) Say: Is it that ye Deny Him (Allah) Who created the earth in two days? And do ye join equals with Him? He is the Lord of (all) the worlds. (verse 10) He set on the (earth) mountains standing firm, high above it, and bestowed blessings on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in four days, in accordance with (the needs of) those who seek (sustenance). (verse 11) Moreover, He Comprehended in His design the sky, and it had been smoke: He said to it and to the earth: 'Come ye together, Willingly or unwillingly.' They said: 'We do come (together), in willing obedience.' (verse 12) So He completed them as seven firmaments in two days and He assigned to each heaven its duty and command. And We (Allah) adorned the lower heaven with lights, and (provided it) with guard. Such is the Decree of (Him) The Exalted in Might, Full of Knowledge.

And other verses:

Are you a more difficult creation or is the heaven? Allah constructed it
2. He raised its ceiling and proportioned it.
3. And He darkened its night and extracted its brightness.
4. And after that He spread the earth.
5. He extracted from it its water and its pasture,
6. And the mountains He set firmly
7. As provision for you and your grazing livestock

In the verses i presented first, they are not make to all be taken sequentially. This is why the number adds up to 8. Muhammed pbuh was a proficient merchant, who had the counting ability greater than that of age two, and several times in the Quran does it unanimously say the heavens and the earth were made in six days 'eons' etc. Taking the verses contextually, they are clearly showing overlapping events, not in sequential order. The verse thumma can also be translated as moreover.

In the only place where we have an absolutely clear reference, the overall universe and its formation comes first, the components that make the stars , the early physical state of the universe, or the stars may be referenced here. The creation of the earth, the mountains, etc all come after, and the verse 'AND AFTER THAT' is crystal clear.

It looks great. I would put Ka'ba in the middle with Islamic society written in arabic on top too.
Interestingly, unlike in the Bible, the Quran does not say stars came before the earth (but hints the opposite). The Quran does not follow the genesis account. From my reading, the Quran does not say whales came before crawling things, there is no sequential order of the stages of creation either.

Latest

Trending

Trending