The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tawheed
x

Could you please tell me where I can get al-Kafi with gradings in it?
Original post by Mary562
I'm talking to myself here, most of the time I can’t just leave everything to myself because one day this heart of mine will fill up so much that it will die itself slowly and I’d lose hope on everything. I've just finished my hwk and I’ve got nothing best to do but just sit down now and write.

Sometimes you realise that you've done nothing wrong in this duniya, alhamduillah no mistakes clean hearted person but then again you know there is always a bad apple in the family i.e. sister/brother. You realise that Allah SWT has given them so many chances in life to succeed and to test them to see what else they’re going to do. They do not realise they’re being tested and they never act upon what I advise or others. It’s sad to see this. It’s just that you never think anything will happen to you, you’re living a normal life but then all of a sudden subhanAllah you’re faced with a horrible situation in life that you think, why me? Why not no one else? I've done nothing wrong. Even my own parents were upset and thinking, why you Maryam. We think that everything is going wrong yet we don’t realise that Allah is setting everything right. When I come to think about it, alhamdulillah I'm okay but then I think He only does this to the special ones. When Allah pushes you to the edge of difficulty, trust him fully because either He’ll catch you when you fall or teach you how to fly. All I think now is, let these difficulties make me a stronger Muslim and more sincere to Allah SWT.

Wa'alaikum assalam. Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala will help you that's all I can say! :smile:

and it's great to see you back on here. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
Could you please tell me where I can get al-Kafi with gradings in it?

Peace be with you,

I am so sorry i did not reply to your PM, i thought i had and it totally slipped my mind. If you know arabic, you can get Al Kafi with gradings and commentary from Alama Majlisi r.a.

Here: http://gadir.free.fr/Ar/Ehlibeyt/kutub2/Mirat_ul_Ukul/index.htm

If you do not know arabic, then you can get some of Al Kafi with gradings here: http://www.imamiyya.com/hadith/usul-kafi

Note, scholars can differ on Rijal, and hence some gradings may be prone to differing. It is a guide, not a be all and end all.
Original post by Tawheed
Peace be with you,

I am so sorry i did not reply to your PM, i thought i had and it totally slipped my mind. If you know arabic, you can get Al Kafi with gradings and commentary from Alama Majlisi r.a.

Here: http://gadir.free.fr/Ar/Ehlibeyt/kutub2/Mirat_ul_Ukul/index.htm

If you do not know arabic, then you can get some of Al Kafi with gradings here: http://www.imamiyya.com/hadith/usul-kafi

Note, scholars can differ on Rijal, and hence some gradings may be prone to differing. It is a guide, not a be all and end all.

No worries, thanks. Are you of the opinion that only the narrators from Qum are thiqa in al-Kafi?

Also what do you make of Ayatollah Khamenei's statement that all of the Shia books of Rijal have been tampered with?
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
No worries, thanks. Are you of the opinion that only the narrators from Qum are thiqa in al-Kafi?

Also what do you make of Ayatollah Khamenei's statement that all of the Shia books of Rijal have been tampered with?

Let me address your second claim first and consult further on the first claim, which people who are against shias love to distort. It is an actual lie, a blatant lie. But those who lie do not really care.

From another brother:

Discussed here: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235027491-does-ay-khamanei-really-reject-our-rijal-books/

"There is Tadlis in the translation, the Sayyid said كأكثر الكتب الرجالية القديمة المعتبرة الاخرى - 'like most of the other ancient books of Rijal which are trusted/relied upon (i.e. Mu'tabara) like the book of al-Kashi ....' - note that their translation does not mention or translate the word - ‘Mu’tabara’.
Don’t you think that if he is calling them Mu’tabara and yet acknowledging that they have the Tashif and Tahrif then he is contradicting himself big time?

The occurrence of Tashif and Tahrif in these books is solely a result of copyist errors, scribal variants, and interpolation in the sense that in some rare portions - the footnotes of the copyists and commentators have entered into the main text of the works.

But this has occurred in varying degrees to all books, show me a book from that period from us or the Ahl al-Sunnah that does not have any variation in wordings based on different manuscripts.

As for the 'Nuskha as-Sahiha', then it is meant the original copies [which would be free from all defects], it is true that these handwritten copies from the original authors have not reached us [but they reached for example - Ibn Dawud and Allamah al-Hilli], just as they have not reached the Sunnis for most of their works, it does not mean that the works were not transmitted down through acknowledged methods of Haml.

More importantly, through Tahqiq, the difference between different manuscripts are realized and the original wordings is preserved, thus most defects can be remedied as has been done in some of the published editions.

And this is what Sayyid al-Khamenei was trying to contend in raising such points, engaging in a scholarly discussion within an academic environment about how to deal with some manuscriptal variations, little did he know that his words will be twisted by Salafi Da'is on the internet, who have not read the whole work.

So for example he goes on to say in the same book:

إذاً ففي أي موضع لا يتطابق النقل بين نسخ الفهرست الموجودة مع ما ينقله ابن داود عن الكتاب المذكور، يجب أن يقدم ما ينقله ابن داود على غيره بدون تأمل، وأن يعدّ نقله حجة كذلك؛ لأن من المحتمل قوياً والمعقول أنه قد تم تصحيح ومقابلة تلك النسخة مع مخطوطة الشيخ الطوسي

'Therefore, in any instance where their is a difference in quotation between what is in the present manuscripts of the Fihrist and what was quoted by Ibn Dawud from the mentioned book (i.e. Fihrist), it is neccesary to prefer what was quoted by Ibn Dawud over someone other than him without any hesitation, and his (Ibn Dawud's) version will be seen as the decisive one in such instances, because it is most probable that his (Ibn Dawud's) version had undergone a Tashih and a comparison with the manuscript that was in the handwriting of the Shaykh Tusi (which had reached him)'.

We have to ask ourselves - are the Tashifat and in some cases Tahrifat in any way changing the intended meaning? In most cases No.
Are they present in all copies of the work? No, the true version is mostly preserved in the better preserved manuscripts or the older ones as demonstrated above.

But, they make it seem that Sayyid al-Khamenei has no regard for these works, or does not recommend using them, while if they had read the whole book they would have realized that he considers them authoritative.

He says for example about the Fihrist Genre:

يعتبر هذا الكتب من أثمن كتب الشيعة القديمة في علم الرجال ومن المصادر المعتمدة لدى علماء هذا الفن

'These books are considered the most valuable books among the Shia and the most ancient in Ilm al-Rijal, and the depended upon books in this field'

In other words, their has not occurred fabrication and premeditated additions or deletions for biased motives (which have permeated the manuscripts), and that is why a part of this quotation is being used to allude to something more sinister that has not been demonstrated to have occurred."
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
Let me address your second claim first and consult further on the first claim, which people who are against shias love to distort. It is an actual lie, a blatant lie. But those who lie do not really care.

From another brother:

Discussed here: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235027491-does-ay-khamanei-really-reject-our-rijal-books/

"There is Tadlis in the translation, the Sayyid said كأكثر الكتب الرجالية القديمة المعتبرة الاخرى - 'like most of the other ancient books of Rijal which are trusted/relied upon (i.e. Mu'tabara) like the book of al-Kashi ....' - note that their translation does not mention or translate the word - ‘Mu’tabara’.
Don’t you think that if he is calling them Mu’tabara and yet acknowledging that they have the Tashif and Tahrif then he is contradicting himself big time?

The occurrence of Tashif and Tahrif in these books is solely a result of copyist errors, scribal variants, and interpolation in the sense that in some rare portions - the footnotes of the copyists and commentators have entered into the main text of the works.

But this has occurred in varying degrees to all books, show me a book from that period from us or the Ahl al-Sunnah that does not have any variation in wordings based on different manuscripts.

As for the 'Nuskha as-Sahiha', then it is meant the original copies [which would be free from all defects], it is true that these handwritten copies from the original authors have not reached us [but they reached for example - Ibn Dawud and Allamah al-Hilli], just as they have not reached the Sunnis for most of their works, it does not mean that the works were not transmitted down through acknowledged methods of Haml.

More importantly, through Tahqiq, the difference between different manuscripts are realized and the original wordings is preserved, thus most defects can be remedied as has been done in some of the published editions.

And this is what Sayyid al-Khamenei was trying to contend in raising such points, engaging in a scholarly discussion within an academic environment about how to deal with some manuscriptal variations, little did he know that his words will be twisted by Salafi Da'is on the internet, who have not read the whole work.

So for example he goes on to say in the same book:

إذاً ففي أي موضع لا يتطابق النقل بين نسخ الفهرست الموجودة مع ما ينقله ابن داود عن الكتاب المذكور، يجب أن يقدم ما ينقله ابن داود على غيره بدون تأمل، وأن يعدّ نقله حجة كذلك؛ لأن من المحتمل قوياً والمعقول أنه قد تم تصحيح ومقابلة تلك النسخة مع مخطوطة الشيخ الطوسي

'Therefore, in any instance where their is a difference in quotation between what is in the present manuscripts of the Fihrist and what was quoted by Ibn Dawud from the mentioned book (i.e. Fihrist), it is neccesary to prefer what was quoted by Ibn Dawud over someone other than him without any hesitation, and his (Ibn Dawud's) version will be seen as the decisive one in such instances, because it is most probable that his (Ibn Dawud's) version had undergone a Tashih and a comparison with the manuscript that was in the handwriting of the Shaykh Tusi (which had reached him)'.

We have to ask ourselves - are the Tashifat and in some cases Tahrifat in any way changing the intended meaning? In most cases No.
Are they present in all copies of the work? No, the true version is mostly preserved in the better preserved manuscripts or the older ones as demonstrated above.

But, they make it seem that Sayyid al-Khamenei has no regard for these works, or does not recommend using them, while if they had read the whole book they would have realized that he considers them authoritative.

He says for example about the Fihrist Genre:

يعتبر هذا الكتب من أثمن كتب الشيعة القديمة في علم الرجال ومن المصادر المعتمدة لدى علماء هذا الفن

'These books are considered the most valuable books among the Shia and the most ancient in Ilm al-Rijal, and the depended upon books in this field'

In other words, their has not occurred fabrication and premeditated additions or deletions for biased motives (which have permeated the manuscripts), and that is why a part of this quotation is being used to allude to something more sinister that has not been demonstrated to have occurred."

Ok cool, thanks for clearing that up. Can you address my first point as well. And do you happen to know when the first Shia book of Ilm al Rijal was produced?
Original post by IdeasForLife
Sorry for the late reply guys. I'll reply at once to every one, too long to reply individually, busy nowadays :redface:

Thanks for the feedback. I feel like taking all the credit but it was actually Ash's idea :tongue: So, all goes to him :biggrin:

I'll take your ideas/suggestions into consideration and if you have pics of your own that'd look cool - throw them at me. In the mean time I shall find a way to zoom in on the kaba etc... :h:

Original post by Ankabout
I was inspired so I made this for fun. Enjoy! :biggrin:

WalakumAsalaam

Anka I like your pic it's good and green but there should be a Kaaba, so I came up with this pic..
Ideas and Anka tell me if you like it?

Humans make mistakes & are imperfect,but its never too late to ask for forgiveness & repent. ALLAH is the most merciful and most forgiving.
Reply 5188
Original post by Incredible97
WalakumAsalaam

Anka I like your pic it's good and green but there should be a Kaaba, so I came up with this pic..

That looks...creepy and feels wrong for the kabah to be in someone's hands imo.

Ank's is nice and simple which is good but adding the Kabah or Quran or something Islamic would make it look more relevant.

Ideas' was fine imo.
It's easy to love a perfect God, unblemished and infallible that He is. What is far more difficult is to love fellow human beings with all their imperfections and defects"
(One of the forty rules of love)
Original post by tpos
that looks...creepy and feels wrong for the kabah to be in someone's hands imo.

Ank's is nice and simple which is good but adding the kabah or quran or something islamic would make it look more relevant.

Ideas' was fine imo.

OKAY thanks for your opinion!!
(edited 9 years ago)
WalakumAsalaam

looks good :smile: I think Kaaba should be moved though - indented if that's the right word? so it covers all the dark space outside and around the hands. but good pic!
Original post by kyoti
looks good :smile: I think Kaaba should be moved though - indented if that's the right word? so it covers all the dark space outside and around the hands. but good pic!

OKAY thanks for your opinion!! :smile:
WalakumAsalaam

Thanks for your suggestion.

I liked how you tried to combine prayer and Kaaba... let me see if I can put the Kaaba in my banner too.
WalakumAsalaam

The whole hand thing is freaky sis loooool. Whats it suppose to symbolize?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm guessing Dua?

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you honestly asking what its suppose to symbolise?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ankabout
Thanks for your suggestion.

I liked how you tried to combine prayer and Kaaba... let me see if I can put the Kaaba in my banner too.

Ur welcome! Okay NP :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

DUA!!
Original post by kyoti
are you honestly asking what its suppose to symbolise?

LOOOL :biggrin:
Ur welcome! Okay NP :yy:

DUA!!

Oh well sorry for not noticing. Obviously I know the dua sign thing, the ka'bah in the mid was a little odd though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending