The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MoondanceAntique
Was thinking about doing the same. I received some offers but was putting them on hold since I wanted to see if Linklaters would take me. The wait is killing me!

I don't want to email to ask because I feel like their standard response to that is a PFO :colondollar: then again with the time it's taking, am probably on the maybe or PFO list anyway...
Reply 3481
Original post by KatieRosePicknel
I accepted an offer a few weeks ago now but was able to change my dates. Although this was before I had signed and returned the paperwork. I'm sure if you email explaining they may be able to accommodate you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, thanks for the advice!
Reply 3482
Original post by Defragmentation
Just had a look, think I'm gonna have to end up spending the vast majority of my payment on rent :tongue:

I've stayed at Queen Mary University halls of residence in Mile End before now. Five minute walk from the Tube, pretty reasonable, free breakfast and you can book really easily through HostelWorld.
anyone still waiting to hear back from herbert smith freehills?
Reply 3484
Original post by SchemeProwl2015
anyone still waiting to hear back from herbert smith freehills?

Yep, completed the online tests a few weeks ago now too.
Reply 3485
Original post by sg7402a
I'd say practise in front of the camera before you start.

Original post by ULawAJ
Who with?
Some general tips:

Make sure you dress appropriately and formally.

Make sure you're in well-lit surroundings and that what you can see on screen is something you'd be happy for an employer to see (I did mine against a blank wall)

Have a glass of water handy in case you get nervous dry mouth, there are normally some breaks you can have a swig in

Make sure you look at the webcam/camera, and not at the very distracting image of yourself, otherwise it looks like you aren't making eye contact

Prepare well, do your research (obviously)

Thanks very much!
Reply 3486
Original post by TooOldForTC
Interviews for Bristows (video interview) and RPC this week - any tips from those who have already done them?

Well done! May I ask when you applied to RPC, when you completed the test and when they invited you to interview? Thanks very much!
Original post by leumas9
Hey, has anybody had a Gateley telephone interview who can share some advice? This will be my first phone interview so I'm a bit nervous! Thank you :smile:

When is your interview? Mine's tomorrow. I've heard you need to know the firm inside and out.
Original post by Jingojango
When is your interview? Mine's tomorrow. I've heard you need to know the firm inside and out.

At 3pm! I'm a bit nervous about it. I know the firm fairly well but I wouldn't say inside and out!
Original post by leumas9
At 3pm! I'm a bit nervous about it. I know the firm fairly well but I wouldn't say inside and out!

I'm sure you will be fine, good luck:smile: Please let me know how it goes, I did some telephone interviews last year which were primarily competency based but not for Gateley. Fingers crossed for you!
Original post by red31
Yep, completed the online tests a few weeks ago now too.

I know they are interviewing already, which makes the chances even slimmer for the rest of us who are still waiting for a reply
Original post by Skkkkk
MAYER BROWN offer WOOP :smile:

congrats ! Still haven't heard back post-interview, almost three weeks ago. How did they contact you? Email or phone?
still nothing from IM, Boodle, Orrick (open day), Hill Dickinson (though I've written that app off now!)
Original post by Leenz
Has anyone heard from Ropes & Gray?

I have a phone interview with them on Wednesday. Didn't get the call till Friday evening though !
Has anyone received an offer/rejection from White & Case post video interview?
No updates from RPC or Taylor Wessing yet, anyone heard from either since applying?
Reply 3496
Original post by coke_addict2010
Has anyone received an offer/rejection from White & Case post video interview?

Nothing. Jumping everytime my email flashes!
Reply 3497
Original post by JKRP11
I have a phone interview with them on Wednesday. Didn't get the call till Friday evening though !

Congratulations! :smile: Did they call you? Ugh, my phone picked the wrong time to throw a tantrum. When did you apply?
Original post by CD2015
Nothing. Jumping everytime my email flashes!

Same! I'm pretty sure I've been rejected though. My video interview was disastrous. :frown: I would like some closure though...
Reply 3499
Original post by JKRP11
congrats ! Still haven't heard back post-interview, almost three weeks ago. How did they contact you? Email or phone?

They contacted me via email about a week after my interview. I interviewed on 22nd January

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending