The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3500
SIDLEY AUSTIN? - They started interviewing last year at the end of Jan - Ive heard nothing from them since I submitted by App on 15th December
(edited 9 years ago)
There seems to be really no point in emailing for an update - Done so with Macfarlanes and White & Case now and just been fobbed off with the standard 'volume of applications'.

The email for White & Case mentioned 'contacting them if your circumstances changed' which is pretty much what I was doing..
@coke_addict, I'm waiting on white & case post-video, and also jumping every time I get an email!! I'm sure your video went better than you think though :smile:

@Skkkk, as for Sidley Austin, I think you're doing well because they sent out a first wave of rejections last week, including me, so be glad you survived that!
Original post by Skkkkk
SIDLEY AUSTIN? - They started interviewing last year at the end of Jan - Ive heard nothing from them since I submitted by App on 15th December

Doing better than me, I was rejected on Tuesday! Good luck!
Original post by liarpoker
There seems to be really no point in emailing for an update - Done so with Macfarlanes and White & Case now and just been fobbed off with the standard 'volume of applications'.

The email for White & Case mentioned 'contacting them if your circumstances changed' which is pretty much what I was doing..

I've had that response too when I've emailed firms - or it's the "we are still processing applications you will be contacted in due course" despite having applied nearly 3 months ago and people have been interviewed who applied after me and other people who emailed them received a PFO.... I just want to be told whether I need to move them to my PFO folder or not
Reply 3505
Original post by TykeDragon
@coke_addict, I'm waiting on white & case post-video, and also jumping every time I get an email!! I'm sure your video went better than you think though :smile:

@Skkkk, as for Sidley Austin, I think you're doing well because they sent out a first wave of rejections last week, including me, so be glad you survived that!

I did a vac scheme at white & case last year - PM me if you get it - its a tough one lol
Reply 3506
Is that what they told you?

Original post by twizzzzzzter
Expect a response "within the next week"
Original post by Skkkkk
I did a vac scheme at white & case last year - PM me if you get it - its a tough one lol

Hahaha thanks for the heads up!!! How so? I'd love to get in there.
Reply 3508
Original post by TykeDragon
Hahaha thanks for the heads up!!! How so? I'd love to get in there.

I didn't get in - but I was close. Its was a very jam packed 2 weeks. They expect A LOT from you. It was far more intense than I though a vac scheme would ever be.
Reply 3509
Anyone done the eversheds telephone interview?
Reply 3510
Original post by coke_addict2010
Same! I'm pretty sure I've been rejected though. My video interview was disastrous. :frown: I would like some closure though...

Mine went the same. First time doing a video interview and found the whole thing unnerving and went blank. Frustrating as I know I perform well in person. I just want the PFO at this stage so I can cross them off!
Reply 3511
Original post by Cristocracy
No updates from RPC or Taylor Wessing yet, anyone heard from either since applying?

Have only seen one TW AC and offer on this forum a couple of weeks ago - everyone else seems to be waiting, including me. I assume if ACs have been held, as you might think looking at the dates they give on the website, then a PFO awaits those who haven't heard, but who knows until it happens I guess. Good luck! :s-smilie:
Interview with Morrison & Foerster
Original post by TrainingChopeful
I've had that response too when I've emailed firms - or it's the "we are still processing applications you will be contacted in due course" despite having applied nearly 3 months ago and people have been interviewed who applied after me and other people who emailed them received a PFO.... I just want to be told whether I need to move them to my PFO folder or not

Linklaters is the last firm I'm waiting for so I just want to know whether I can be done with the vac scheme application process :colondollar: (aside from an unnamed firm which I'm trying to chase up my outcome and expenses from post-interview...)
Original post by Sian.
Anyone done the eversheds telephone interview?

I did it for TCs last year. For me, it was very competency focused with a little bit on why Eversheds. Good luck with it!
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Linklaters is the last firm I'm waiting for so I just want to know whether I can be done with the vac scheme application process :colondollar: (aside from an unnamed firm which I'm trying to chase up my outcome and expenses from post-interview...)

I know what you mean - although I have a number of deadlines this week and 2 in March - this process seems to never end! Congrats on your offers though - they are very good firms! :smile:
PFO from Irwin Mitchell
Absolutely gutted and heartbroken 😔
I spent such a long time on that application + preparing for video interview 😔
Well it was not meant to be, for the second time again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TrainingChopeful
I know what you mean - although I have a number of deadlines this week and 2 in March - this process seems to never end! Congrats on your offers though - they are very good firms! :smile:

Sadly they don't take that many trainees so it's not too secure :frown: but I do really love the firms so will just have to see - and to be far, the small number of trainees is a big reason why I like them so much!
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Sadly they don't take that many trainees so it's not too secure :frown: but I do really love the firms so will just have to see - and to be far, the small number of trainees is a big reason why I like them so much!

You have still done really well to get a VS with them - gives you more of an opportunity to build rapport with those that work at the firm :smile: I'm sure you'll do well - I, on the hand, have had a flurry of rejections! rather disheartening
Original post by cutegirl15
PFO from Irwin Mitchell
Absolutely gutted and heartbroken
I spent such a long time on that application + preparing for video interview
Well it was not meant to be, for the second time again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, sorry :frown: it's their loss! do you mind if I ask when you did the video interview? I'm totally expecting a PFO - mine video interview went so badly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending