The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beautifulxxx
Oh well sorry for not noticing. Obviously I know the dua sign thing, the ka'bah in the mid was a little odd though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OKAY....
Original post by Incredible97
WalakumAsalaam

Anka I like your pic it's good and green but there should be a Kaaba, so I came up with this pic..
Ideas and Anka tell me if you like it?

Original post by Ankabout
I was inspired so I made this for fun. Enjoy! :biggrin:

Thanks Anka and incredible, could you quote ash too pls ?Think he gets final say since he's the boss :h:

I'll give my review later tonight.

Original post by kyoti
are you honestly asking what its suppose to symbolise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Be polite to other isoc members, someone only asked an honest question bro. Stuff like this just causes uneeded arguments amongst our selves :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone know how to write TSR in Arabic? :tongue: Google Translator just says TSR (in English) lol.
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone know how to write TSR in Arabic? :tongue: Google Translator just says TSR (in English) lol.

ت س ر؟
Reply 5204

Imo it should stay in English. Maybe change the font (I just generally don't like that font lol). It's more welcoming and inclusive in English after all we're encouraged to translate when we write in a foreign language on here too
Original post by binarythoughts
ت س ر؟

Ahh, makes sense. :gthumb:
Does it have to say TSR Islamic society? If not I found these two images with Quranic ayahs on...
Or you can edit Islamic society on to it...
Great lecture on the Prophet's interactions with children.

[video="youtube;uUpIPnbEp-k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUpIPnbEp-k[/video]

Spoiler

Original post by IdeasForLife
Be polite to other isoc members, someone only asked an honest question bro. Stuff like this just causes uneeded arguments amongst our selves :redface:

i meant in a joky way man sorry b if you took it the wrong way.

Original post by beautifulxxx
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aabidah

I love it sis. Great work mash'Allah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IdeasForLife
Thanks Anka and incredible, could you quote ash too pls ?Think he gets final say since he's the boss :h:

I'll give my review later tonight.

New and improved banner (I tried to incorporate everyone's suggestions):

EDIT (latest version of banner):

ash92:)
x
(edited 9 years ago)

no lol don't write tsr in arabic just Islamic Society.
Original post by kyoti
no lol don't write tsr in arabic just Islamic Society.

Ohhh ok let me do that. :smile:'

Removed TSR lol (in banner and updated in previous post).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aabidah

Good job! I think Ash will have a hard time picking just one lol.
Reply 5215
Ank's would be my first choice though I do like Idea's and Aabidah's too
Original post by Tpos
Ank's would be my first choice though I do like Idea's and Aabidah's too

They're all very good. I think someone should set up a poll so we can do shura on it lol
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
They're all very good. I think someone should set up a poll so we can do shura on it lol

I will answer your other questions a little bit later on InshAllah brother.

Ash is among the most prominent users of the ISOC, a leader to many on here. What would you think if we performed this Shurah in his absence , would it be a valid shura?
I like the idea of the banner - seems I'm quite late
I don't actually know what this is all about
Original post by Mary562
I like the idea of the banner - seems I'm quite late
I don't actually know what this is all about

Sister mary, Peace be with you,

Sorry i did not reply before. My advise to you with regards to dealing with those who say hurtful things is the following:

We know there are users here who do not regard Islam to be the word of God. They regard all religions to be ridiculous, and attack us more because we are more adherent and less conformist in the sense we can throw out scripture. They have in general a good knowledge of Islam, but not a good understanding of it. Essentially, some of them are pretty much convinced they follow the truth, they are doing the right thing, and that Islam is man made and a parasite and therefore will ridicule it.

I read the hurtful comments they made at you, encouraging you to go clubbing and do harram acts. Even if you ridicule religion, no-one has a right to say something so insensitive, purposefully. I welcome any criticism of Islam, welcome their right to debate it, criticize it, have opinions on it but not but not hate speech i.e telling a muslim woman to go and fornicate.

Some of the users i must note, and not all. Many of them just see a rational irregularity with Islam, and have the right to debate on that. Some, purely use hateful provocative language.

Let your pain convert to what i have already seen you do - reflect on the Quran, on the universe, and gain knowledge. Continue doing this.

Ahmad Deedat you know, was hackled and mocked by missionaries so much, he promised himself he would rely to every single attack they had using rationality, wisdom, logic and truth.

The Quran gives us advise on how to deal with such people:

QURAN: "And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words of] peace"

Don't let it get to you.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest