The Student Room Group

Slade School of Fine Art Application Advice

Scroll to see replies

I hope it's just late and some from here get it, so much amazing work & talent on here :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meganabcdefg
I would be surprised if no one on here got it tbh as some of the work I've seen has been incredible! But I suppose they get a lot of really good applicants

I guess so. I mean it just sort of feels like they're pussyfooting around the rejection. :/ I'd rather get it over and done with.

You would think one of us would have got it.. I mean really
Original post by AnnieLS
I hope it's just late and some from here get it, so much amazing work & talent on here :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! I feel upset about it. All you guys are really nice and talented. And obviously are dedicated by the fact you're on a forum haha. Doesn't seem fair.
Original post by Notwinter
I know! I feel upset about it. All you guys are really nice and talented. And obviously are dedicated by the fact you're on a forum haha. Doesn't seem fair.

We'd all make an amazing art class together 😭😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnnieLS
We'd all make an amazing art class together ������������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, let's start our own Slade.
I think one of the most depressing things is is that those who have received interviews (all two of them) express no interest in TSR or any other forum and so the whole application process will just be kept in the dark. Odds of someone receiving an interview on this thread are about 7/8's (dont ask me how I got that figure) so it's highly unlikely this will happen but still if it ever does...
Original post by bertiewallace123
I think one of the most depressing things is is that those who have received interviews (all two of them) express no interest in TSR or any other forum and so the whole application process will just be kept in the dark. Odds of someone receiving an interview on this thread are about 7/8's (dont ask me how I got that figure) so it's highly unlikely this will happen but still if it ever does...

it's more 1/8th 1600/200 is 8.
I donnu I think I just feel really let down knowing how much I've wanted it for soo long. I mean it was sort of my dream that I made big and idolized. and I know that's my own fault, but It's still really disappointing. And they can't even say i've been rejected..
Original post by Notwinter
it's more 1/8th 1600/200 is 8.
I donnu I think I just feel really let down knowing how much I've wanted it for soo long. I mean it was sort of my dream that I made big and idolized. and I know that's my own fault, but It's still really disappointing. And they can't even say i've been rejected..

I think if we take into account the success of applicants on TSR in previous years, then its about 5/8th (?). I think many of us have done the same :frown: I suppose rejections like these make us the people we are. You never know a straight rejection might be a blessing in disguise.
I think if we take into account the success of applicants on TSR in previous years, then its about 5/8th (?). I think many of us have done the same :frown: I suppose rejections like these make us the people we are. You never know a straight rejection might be a blessing in disguise.

Yup that is the success rate from like 3 previous years (?).
I just want them to call me and say it. I'm not just annoyed haha

It all seems very odd. I reckon amongst all of us we know about 30 people that have applied and 2 have got in. That's not right. Statistically it should be about 4. :/ which is only 2 more I've just realised haha

A very good point. Although it looks unlikely now, I wouldn't put yourselves down yet. Just wait and see - it's clear that there isn't any pattern each year of how they release the answers as nothing has ever been the same.

:smile:
Yh I know 3 people who have applied to the Slade, nothing so far.

I;ve said the same thing before, students at UAL/London foundation courses and schools have a much higher chance of receiving a Slade interview than those from the provinces, I;ve done a bit of research on this (for a fine art project funnily enough) and in the past 3 years I don't think anyone at the Slade has come from Norfolk/Lincolnshire/East Yorkshire, Pembrokeshire rural counties like that, they are almost exclusively from the Industrial North-West, North-East, London and its Home Counties and the Bristol area (international scene not included). It really does matter where you're from! So anyone on a reputable London foundation course you are practically guaranteed to hear/know of someone getting into the Slade.

I;ve said the same thing before, students at UAL/London foundation courses and schools have a much higher chance of receiving a Slade interview than those from the provinces, I;ve done a bit of research on this (for a fine art project funnily enough) and in the past 3 years I don't think anyone at the Slade has come from Norfolk/Lincolnshire/East Yorkshire, Pembrokeshire rural counties like that, they are almost exclusively from the Industrial North-West, North-East, London and its Home Counties and the Bristol area (international scene not included). It really does matter where you're from! So anyone on a reputable London foundation course you are practically guaranteed to hear/know of someone getting into the Slade.

Oh no, I'm from Lincolnshire 😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
That isn't to say you won't get in, it;s just the odds are higher, as are they are all for us now atm :frown:, I think on this Monday we are all in the same boat ..

That sucks.

I'm from London at a well known school (not foundation) and people from my school have gotten in before. :/
I'm from Jersey in the Channel Islands (9 by 5 miles) I think i have even more odds than people from provinces :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amberhahn1
I'm from Jersey in the Channel Islands (9 by 5 miles) I think i have even more odds than people from provinces :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's cool!
I'm doing foundation in Belfast and I don't know a single other person that's applied. One of my tutors told me "God, it's been years since we've had anyone applying to the Slade."
So I don't know how that affects my odds then.
Reply 477
Nobody from my foundation course (UAL accredited) heard anything, but I won't be sure before Wednesday. Quite few people applied too.
Original post by eei
Nobody from my foundation course (UAL accredited) heard anything, but I won't be sure before Wednesday. Quite few people applied too.

gosh it's very mysterious this year isn't it
Looking at 2012, the 22nd was on a wednesday and that was the day when everyone who didn;t make the interview was rejected. So far we've heard of 2 on the 20th make the interview that roughly correpsonds with the 2012's 19th. SO rejections on Wednesday is my prediction.

Quick Reply

Latest