The Student Room Group

Has anyone managed to get 9 badges?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia
Is TSR going to pull an EA and release special TSR Coins?

500 coins for only £5.99, and each badge is 600 coins.

Hahahahahaha. That would be brilliant!! #bringbackTSRstore

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by She-Ra
Nice try old chap :wink:

:lol:

:redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: just :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:

That's such a good idea. What was all that talk about you being one of the best CMs? JLP would do this *stamp foot* :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mobbsy91
Hahahahahaha. That would be brilliant!! #bringbackTSRstore

Posted from TSR Mobile

"The only mugs in this store are the ones making the purchase."
I just got 9 badges :woo: :yay:

It's not really a fair contest though, because I spend a lot of time moving threads to the right places in Study Help.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

It's not really a fair contest though, because I spend a lot of time moving threads to the right places in Study Help.

Hahahaha, so jealous :tongue:

PRSOM :awesome:

Digging this back up as I just managed to get my 9th :dance: :lol:
I'd be curious to know how the community team felt the badge project was going. Have badges changed peoples posting habits? Are there less unanswered threads than before? Are more people answering questions in the study help forums?

@Puddles the Monkey @shooks @She-Ra @Captain Jack @Queen Cersei
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Snufkin
I'd be curious to know how the community team felt the badge project was going. Have badges changed peoples posting habits? Are there less unanswered threads than before? Are more people answering questions in the study help forums?

@Puddles the Monkey @shooks @She-Ra @Captain Jack @Queen Cersei

It hasn't changed the world but we know we need to make changes. But like any development, that has to be approved and signed off which can take some time
Original post by Captain Jack
It hasn't changed the world but we know we need to make changes. But like any development, that has to be approved and signed off which can take some time

I think it would be useful if all the 'Hello, my name is X' introductory threads were in a separate subforum to all of the other unanswered threads. I try to go on that as much as possible, but it's so tedious trawling through page after page of the Welcome Squad's job.
Original post by Dez
No-one's got 9 yet, highest total is 7. We've got eleven members currently on that total, so it's still all to play for. :woo:

Who is on 7? :smile:
Whoa! Some people have so many badges!
(edited 7 years ago)

What sort of changes?
I want 8
Original post by Snufkin
What sort of changes?

Dunno yet really, it would be good to know how you would improve it.

One simple thing would be to show the total number of badges next to the user info rather than just the number of categories. i.e 9 badges over 3 categories
Dunno yet really, it would be good to know how you would improve it.

One simple thing would be to show the total number of badges next to the user info rather than just the number of categories. i.e 9 badges over 3 categories

You won't like my ideas (they're too negative, apparently). But if it were up to me, I would do away with automated badges and have mods and SLs nominate people for badges instead. I don't think badges should be awarded to people just because they post a lot, or because they replied first to a thread.

If you want badges to have real value on the forum then they need to be awarded sparingly and only to genuinely helpful people who make quality posts over long periods of time. I would prefer a system where badges were an indicator of authority, a way of saying this person knows what they're talking about. I'm a bit of a Star Trek buff so I would like to see a TSR version of Starfleet 'pips'. Simple, elegant, hard earned and meaningful rather than the current badges which are too bright, too big, too childish and ultimately valueless.
how do u even get badges?
Original post by hannah5176
how do u even get badges?

There's a link on the "Badges" tab of profile pages. :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=9581-What-are-TSR-badges
@Captain Jack Didn't you like my ideas then? :cry2:
Original post by Illusionary
There's a link on the "Badges" tab of profile pages. :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=9581-What-are-TSR-badges

thanks a mill xx

Quick Reply

Latest