The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

The Durham College Allocation Thread (for 2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Is there anyone from Butler that's going to an open day that could maybe tell me about what you see/learn? I'm from California so I can't really just pop over for a couple of days :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Hi, I've got a question - does anyone know if self-catering is an option at St Hild & Bede as I can't really find this info on the website??
I've been allocated to Josephine Butler!
Original post by michaeljackson97

I'm going there too :smile: What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mortagrin
Hi, I've got a question - does anyone know if self-catering is an option at St Hild & Bede as I can't really find this info on the website??

As far as I'm aware the only colleges that offer self catering are Butler and partially Cuthberts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gemma1243
I'm going there too :smile: What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha really?! Will you be attending one of the college open days? :smile: I applied for Politics, what about you?
Original post by Dylann
As far as I'm aware the only colleges that offer self catering are Butler and partially Cuthberts

Posted from TSR Mobile

Google "Hild Bede fully catered" and there is your answer!
Haha really?! Will you be attending one of the college open days? :smile: I applied for Politics, what about you?

I'm not sure yet as I would have to take 2 days off school which I'm not sure about doing so close to Easter. Are you? I'm studying Ba Geography :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 348

Great! Is Durham your first choice?
Original post by Gemma1243
I'm not sure yet as I would have to take 2 days off school which I'm not sure about doing so close to Easter. Are you? I'm studying Ba Geography :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand your dilemma! I feel i have no choice but to go as I hated my first experience at Durham and i'm hoping that this trip will change my mind! Wow, Durham has one of the best Geography Departments in the world, right?
Original post by Age
Great! Is Durham your first choice?

I currently have the agonising decision between Durham and Warwick! Still very unsure!
St Cuthbert's here :smile:
Not many Aidanites posting on here yet, considering its a large college too hmmm
Ive been allocated to Trevelyan college, studying law. Does anyone know what this college is like as I have no idea...
Reply 354
Original post by LauraHibbert96
Ive been allocated to Trevelyan college, studying law. Does anyone know what this college is like as I have no idea...

I got allowed there, it's a bit of a disappointment because they make you change rooms every term for the first year as you pretty much have to share a room for at least one term. It's a small college and you have to be catered and no rooms are ensuite unless medical reasons require this. So I'm not accepting the offer but by the sounds of it there are worse colleges so it's not too bad 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 355
I currently have the agonising decision between Durham and Warwick! Still very unsure!

Completely same position!! Warwick for Politics vs Durham ah :frown:
Original post by arc0205
I got allowed there, it's a bit of a disappointment because they make you change rooms every term for the first year as you pretty much have to share a room for at least one term. It's a small college and you have to be catered and no rooms are ensuite unless medical reasons require this. So I'm not accepting the offer but by the sounds of it there are worse colleges so it's not too bad ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww no your joking!! im so gutted, what if i ask to change colleges do you think I will have a chance of doing that? ideally i wanted an en suite pretty gutted tbh :frown:
I understand your dilemma! I feel i have no choice but to go as I hated my first experience at Durham and i'm hoping that this trip will change my mind! Wow, Durham has one of the best Geography Departments in the world, right?
Hope you don't mind me asking but can you elaborate on why you hated your first experience at Durham? My son has an offer to study engineering at University College (Castle) My daughter also completed a Geography degree at Durham a few years ago and loved every minute of the 3 year course.
Is anyone here who has been allocated to St Chad's going to the Monday/Tuesday residential open day? :smile:
Original post by LauraHibbert96
Aww no your joking!! im so gutted, what if i ask to change colleges do you think I will have a chance of doing that? ideally i wanted an en suite pretty gutted tbh :frown:

Hi. Suggest chance of changing college is virtually nil. Have a look at the following.

https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/accommodation/choosing/

Very few colleges in Durham have more than a handful of ensuite.

Sure you will love Trevs though. Pretty much everyone likes their college at Durham.

Quick Reply

Latest