The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by CD223
Very true!
Oh no me neither. It's so difficult to wait, and the added pressure of UCAS this year is going to drive me insane!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Going to have to think up some things to do over the summer to distract myself (particularly seeing as I won't have revision to do any more!)
Reply 281
Original post by Lau14
Going to have to think up some things to do over the summer to distract myself (particularly seeing as I won't have revision to do any more!)

The never ending student summer dilemma!
I might actually ask to increase my hours at work to help get some money in and make freshers' more fun 😎 am I mad???

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey what are the dates for everyones empa tasks, anyone fancy helping eachother to get 100%, private message me if you are.
Reply 283
Original post by MikeTyson619
hey what are the dates for everyones empa tasks, anyone fancy helping eachother to get 100%, private message me if you are.

Mine's mid-March. Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ill find out the extact date tomorrow but I know its in march
Reply 285
ill find out the extact date tomorrow but I know its in march

Oh nice. How are you feeling about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Hard! But not as hard as the six markers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The 6 markers can be dealt with by revisiting past papers to create mark-scheme 6-marker revision notes, so you're literally revising the mark scheme. But multiple choice are around a minute a mark, and at times can be difficult to see, taking up time and water capacity in my tear ducts when I cri #drymass
Reply 287
Original post by Kingwizard
The 6 markers can be dealt with by revisiting past papers to create mark-scheme 6-marker revision notes, so you're literally revising the mark scheme. But multiple choice are around a minute a mark, and at times can be difficult to see, taking up time and water capacity in my tear ducts when I cri #drymass

Yeah it's so annoying! MC take up so much time for me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 288

Apparently we aren't doing ours until after Easter, or so we were told by our teacher today.
Reply 289
Original post by CD223
The never ending student summer dilemma!
I might actually ask to increase my hours at work to help get some money in and make freshers' more fun am I mad???

Posted from TSR Mobile

This year with a bonus month or so! Sounds like a good idea, can't really do that at my job though :/ Might reread game of thrones, certainly don't have the time or left over brainpower to do that during revision season!
Reply 290
Original post by Lau14
Apparently we aren't doing ours until after Easter, or so we were told by our teacher today.

Wish I could say the same! Nuclear and thermal test Thursday too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 291
Original post by Lau14
This year with a bonus month or so! Sounds like a good idea, can't really do that at my job though :/ Might reread game of thrones, certainly don't have the time or left over brainpower to do that during revision season!

Oh no :/ Ahaha game of thrones requires time and attention that is just non-existent for the next 4 months :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 292
Original post by CD223
Wish I could say the same! Nuclear and thermal test Thursday too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by CD223
Oh no :/ Ahaha game of thrones requires time and attention that is just non-existent for the next 4 months :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a little worried that he's going to leave it too late though for preparation, we're supposedly finishing unit 5, having an astro test, doing who knows what until nearer easter, having a unit 5 mock, and then starting EMPA prep and doing it after Easter.

17 weeks today until my - probably our? - last exam (... considerably less until my first).

Got a new seating plan as well and it's not that it's bad but my old table was great :frown:
Reply 293
Original post by Lau14
I'm a little worried that he's going to leave it too late though for preparation, we're supposedly finishing unit 5, having an astro test, doing who knows what until nearer easter, having a unit 5 mock, and then starting EMPA prep and doing it after Easter.

17 weeks today until my - probably our? - last exam (... considerably less until my first).

Got a new seating plan as well and it's not that it's bad but my old table was great :frown:

Oh wow it sounds very busy for you!
Ah, if you discount the EMPA, my first exam is Core 3 (Friday 5th June) and my last exam is Computing CG3 (Tuesday 23rd June). Eek!
It's annoying how it's so busy on two of the weeks then there's a week in between of nothing!
Oh no! My teacher messes around with the seating plan so often that I swear I've sat next to everyone in the class now haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 294
Original post by CD223
Oh wow it sounds very busy for you!
Ah, if you discount the EMPA, my first exam is Core 3 (Friday 5th June) and my last exam is Computing CG3 (Tuesday 23rd June). Eek!
It's annoying how it's so busy on two of the weeks then there's a week in between of nothing!
Oh no! My teacher messes around with the seating plan so often that I swear I've sat next to everyone in the class now haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well there's a couple of weeks that are completely unaccounted for for some reason but otherwise yeah!
First is 13th May (FP3), last is 22nd June (M2). I think my first 5 exams are all Maths. I've got a much nicer timetable than last year - FP3 weds 13th, FP4 weds 20th, another two weeks free because of half term until S1 weds 3rd, FP1 and C3 fri 5th, Chem unit 4, PHYA4 and S2 the next week, PHYA5, chem 5, FP2 the week after and then M2 to finish. Much less squashed than last year, once FP3 and 4 are out of the way (the hardest maths exams, S1, S2, M2 and FP1 are all pretty easy) I've got a few weeks to just revise in peace!

My other teachers either have no seating plan, or never change it but don't mind if we move.
Reply 295
Original post by Lau14
Well there's a couple of weeks that are completely unaccounted for for some reason but otherwise yeah!
First is 13th May (FP3), last is 22nd June (M2). I think my first 5 exams are all Maths. I've got a much nicer timetable than last year - FP3 weds 13th, FP4 weds 20th, another two weeks free because of half term until S1 weds 3rd, FP1 and C3 fri 5th, Chem unit 4, PHYA4 and S2 the next week, PHYA5, chem 5, FP2 the week after and then M2 to finish. Much less squashed than last year, once FP3 and 4 are out of the way (the hardest maths exams, S1, S2, M2 and FP1 are all pretty easy) I've got a few weeks to just revise in peace!

My other teachers either have no seating plan, or never change it but don't mind if we move.

You sound so busy in the way of exams! I have 7 in all for my 4 subjects if you discount the EMPA!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 296
Original post by CD223
You sound so busy in the way of exams! I have 7 in all for my 4 subjects if you discount the EMPA!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have 12... same as last year! It's not as bad as it sounds really :biggrin:
Reply 297
Original post by Lau14
I have 12... same as last year! It's not as bad as it sounds really :biggrin:

I don't envy you! 😂 I'm sure you'll be fine though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 298
Original post by CD223
I don't envy you! I'm sure you'll be fine though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: I'm not too worried, I'm already revising far better this year than ever before!
Hey has anyone done their A2 ISA yet? Couldn't find a thread so thought I'd post it in here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending