The Student Room Group

Slade School of Fine Art Application Advice

Scroll to see replies

At least I have two virtual badges from TSR as a reward for my anxiety
Original post by bertiewallace123
At least I have two virtual badges from TSR as a reward for my anxiety

yeah. Wooooo. A real bonus.
I also have a headache and heartbreak.
It seems that they do it differently each year - sometimes rejections have come first and sometimes after! Who knows :/
all we do know is that wednesday is the day to avoid like the plague

I've given up. I'm going to get a time machine and go back and not apply. I feel that process may be faster than this waiting.

Argh, I have another uni interview on Wednesday! I'm going to be double nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
the only reasonable piece of advice I can think of is to just get high
Original post by AnnieLS
Argh, I have another uni interview on Wednesday! I'm going to be double nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't be! you'll be great
the only reasonable piece of advice I can think of is to just get high

or paint!
painting soothes the soul.
I've just been taking pictures
https://www.flickr.com/photos/sommerackerman/
:/ Like I'm literally doing anything now to pass the time. Which apparently includes self portraits. Who would have known
just wondering about the future - will a local foundation degree disadvantage me at all from applying to degree courses next year? (do i reapply this September or next D:smile:
Eat, sleep, worry, repeat

*check TSR
Original post by Artfanatic
just wondering about the future - will a local foundation degree disadvantage me at all from applying to degree courses next year? (do i reapply this September or next D:smile:

It depends where you get in and if you want to do there. If Slade reject you, but you still get another good place. Will you reapply? Hmmm
Tough questions
Original post by amberhahn1
*check TSR

#literallyme
Original post by Notwinter
It depends where you get in and if you want to do there. If Slade reject you, but you still get another good place. Will you reapply? Hmmm
Tough questions

Yeah I probably will do foundation. I don't feel like it's a wise choice to go to university without the foundation (I mean a year of doing art is certainly helpful). It will just equip me so much better so yeah I think it's important I do it whatever offers I may get (only waiting on UCL and Edinburgh now but I loved Edinburgh)

Ahhhh
No, some people in years previous received interview emails on Sunday.

Well that calms me (not) haha oh god
Yeah I probably will do foundation. I don't feel like it's a wise choice to go to university without the foundation (I mean a year of doing art is certainly helpful). It will just equip me so much better so yeah I think it's important I do it whatever offers I may get (only waiting on UCL and Edinburgh now but I loved Edinburgh)

Ahhhh

what do you like about Edinburgh? :smile:

Ahhhh

ohhhh tough one. Tell us if you get Edin
But yeah... sometimes doing foundation is helpful
Original post by amberhahn1
what do you like about Edinburgh? :smile:

I just found the department very impressive and speaking to the tutors I just thought I could slip right in - I applied for the 5 year MA in Fine Art. It's 50% Art and 50% Art History so perhaps a bit more academic then other degrees

However, Edinburgh as a place wasn't my favorite at all so I was torn.

I think foundation is the best option for me to gather myself a bit more and recover from the decade and a bit of torture aka. school.
Original post by Notwinter
ohhhh tough one. Tell us if you get Edin
But yeah... sometimes doing foundation is helpful

I know! It will be tough if I do get in as it's a fairly competitive course. I don't know really.

I feel like part of me is looking for the course and part of me is looking for the place and just the general feel. (then the other part of me is considering architecture D: )
I just found the department very impressive and speaking to the tutors I just thought I could slip right in - I applied for the 5 year MA in Fine Art. It's 50% Art and 50% Art History so perhaps a bit more academic then other degrees

However, Edinburgh as a place wasn't my favorite at all so I was torn.

I think foundation is the best option for me to gather myself a bit more and recover from the decade and a bit of torture aka. school.

awesome :smile:

Quick Reply