The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL Central Saint Martins Portfolio?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
So yeah, it was pretty quick, but maybe because it was well before the deadline. Most people I know uploaded theirs just before this weekend and some will do it tomorrow, so perhaps there are more people to process right now and it might take bit longer.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by CT1402
Thank you, you too! I applied for Fine Art :smile: what about you?

Fine Art as well! I asked because i know that fashion courses are reeeeally popular so i wouldn't be surprised if it took that long but i guess for fine art is the same thing :frown: What was in your portfolio? I just put stuff from different projects in it but i've seen some portfolios on flickr and they all seem to be from one project and now i'm a bit insecure
Original post by eei
I uploaded my portfolio on Saturday the 7th of February and they got back to me on the 10th. My interview is 05/03.

Oh wow that really quick, good luck on your interview! I hope i'm not gonna have to wait weeks to get any respond cause i will explode because all of this waiting lol
Original post by eei
So yeah, it was pretty quick, but maybe because it was well before the deadline. Most people I know uploaded theirs just before this weekend and some will do it tomorrow, so perhaps there are more people to process right now and it might take bit longer.

Did you apply for Fine Art as well?
Reply 224
Monika, don't worry. No point looking at other people's stuff, because everyone is different. I also had stuff from different projects, because I haven't done any self initiated work for many months (just no time) and the tutors told me to keep the portfolio as recent as possible. The thing is, the projects forced me to take a certain route to respond to the briefs and it didn't look much like fine art at all, more illustration (collages mainly). I was rejected by Chelsea, but CSM strangely invited me in, so there's always hope that I can defend my working process during the interview.
Reply 225
Original post by monika.m
Fine Art as well! I asked because i know that fashion courses are reeeeally popular so i wouldn't be surprised if it took that long but i guess for fine art is the same thing :frown: What was in your portfolio? I just put stuff from different projects in it but i've seen some portfolios on flickr and they all seem to be from one project and now i'm a bit insecure

Yeah my friend is currently at CSM and she said their organisation is terrible so hopefully you'll hear back soon :smile: I did exactly the same, I just had odd bits from differnt projects, actually it was pretty unorganised! This was mine :smile: (https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlotteltaylor/sets/72157650245783536)
Reply 226
Did you apply for Fine Art as well?

Yep. Also for painting at Camberwell, fine art at Slade, Chelsea and Falmouth.
So far secured interviews at CSM, Camberwell and Falmouth. Should be done with them all by the 7th of March and then just wait for the decision. Bit stressful without a safe choice.
Original post by eei
Monika, don't worry. No point looking at other people's stuff, because everyone is different. I also had stuff from different projects, because I haven't done any self initiated work for many months (just no time) and the tutors told me to keep the portfolio as recent as possible. The thing is, the projects forced me to take a certain route to respond to the briefs and it didn't look much like fine art at all, more illustration (collages mainly). I was rejected by Chelsea, but CSM strangely invited me in, so there's always hope that I can defend my working process during the interview.

I agree and thanks :smile: It's just the whole waiting, i can't focus on anything else while waiting for a respond from CSM :biggrin: I'm sure they will understand, in college i never had any project that i'd fully enjoy but finally i was just given 'self-directed' project so i started doing what i really enjoy but it's not enough to put in portfolio yet
Reply 228
Same here. I'm itching to start painting studies, but need to write the brief first before Wednesday. Once I have enough work, it will be too late to include it :/
Original post by CT1402
Yeah my friend is currently at CSM and she said their organisation is terrible so hopefully you'll hear back soon :smile: I did exactly the same, I just had odd bits from differnt projects, actually it was pretty unorganised! This was mine :smile: (https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlotteltaylor/sets/72157650245783536)

I really like your portfolio! Can I ask how did you put the statement under your profile name on the page? Mine is added as a screenshot and it looks a bit odd
Reply 230
I really like your portfolio! Can I ask how did you put the statement under your profile name on the page? Mine is added as a screenshot and it looks a bit odd

Thank you! When you edit the album you can put in a description just under the title box.
Reply 231
interview in 3 weeks! woo
Congrats!! :biggrin: what course did you apply to?
The fine art portfolios are great! Love them. Has anyone heard anything off Westminster for BA fashion & CSM yet? Including rejections ? I'm checking my emails 24/7 ha so impatient
Reply 234
Westminster fine art only, I'm afraid. A girl I know had an interview last week and unconditional offer.
Reply 235
Original post by Emily-kate
The fine art portfolios are great! Love them. Has anyone heard anything off Westminster for BA fashion & CSM yet? Including rejections ? I'm checking my emails 24/7 ha so impatient

Got an offer from westminster for fashion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HLx
Got an offer from westminster for fashion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahhh congrats ! I stilll haven't heard back form the 6 pages i sent!
Reply 237
Original post by Emily-kate
ahhh congrats ! I stilll haven't heard back form the 6 pages i sent!

You'll get it soon most of my friends haven't yet either.... Is westminster better than LCF for fashion design?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone that submitted portfolios early last week have any interview dates already? The waiting is killing me meh :frown:
Has anyone that submitted portfolios early last week have any interview dates already? The waiting is killing me meh :frown:

I sent mine of on January 31st and still haven't gotten my reply so you might have to wait a bit longer

Quick Reply