The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hhassan66
How do we expect to contest for the champions league or the premier league with coquelin as our main CDM? We need a Vieira in CDM I wouldn't mind getting William carvalho or pogba

Vieira wasn't an out and out DM though, Silva was the screen and Vieira played B2B much like Yaya.
How do we expect to contest for the champions league or the premier league with coquelin as our main CDM? We need a Vieira in CDM I wouldn't mind getting William carvalho or pogba

Personally, I would break the bank for Pogba, even if just get him and then pay for a few Bielik-age kids in other areas. We are never going to have problems scoring goals so that is not a pressing issue atm.
Original post by Pete_91
Vieira wasn't an out and out DM though, Silva was the screen and Vieira played B2B much like Yaya.

Yh true but our midfield is not solid we don't have a proper defensive minded midfielder
Plus , I would pay the premium and get him just to piss United off.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Personally, I would break the bank for Pogba, even if just get him and then pay for a few Bielik-age kids in other areas. We are never going to have problems scoring goals so that is not a pressing issue atm.

Yeah it's about time arsene wenger starts buying actual world class players, were only a few players away from being a sick team Id say we need a CDM a CB and a ST
Original post by Pete_91

Paddy could do everything.
Yeah it's about time arsene wenger starts buying actual world class players, were only a few players away from being a sick team Id say we need a CDM a CB and a ST

Essentially we are back to where we were a few years back in the Cesc and Nasri days.
Original post by Tom_Ford
I think that type of midfielder is a bit obsolete these days. Paddy coincidentally, could do it all, much like the best CDM's these days such as Busquets, Martinez, Matic, Lahm.

Wenger will work his magic this summer - he knows, he knows that we know, and he knows that we know that he knows, that the last piece in the jigsaw is a top CDM.

We have Ozil, we have Alexis, we have Koscielny, we have Coquelin.......
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stalin
Wenger will work his magic this summer - he knows, he knows that we know, and he knows that we know that he knows, that the last piece in the jigsaw is a top CDM.

We have our Ozil, we have Alexis, we have Koscielny, we have Coquelin.......

We still need a striker
We still need a striker

Original post by michaelalex
Bamzooki, LOOOOOOOOOOOOL, you won comment of the thread bruh, Bamzooki was the **** back in day though, can't even lie.

Cheers mayn. Bamzooki was indeed the shiznits...never had a ****ing clue how to make one but to my young self dem zooks were basically the closest thing we were gonna get to aliens. Manz in awe.

Swear down ozil is part zook
Original post by Stalin

i love giroud but let's be honest is he world class? Man City have Agüero Chelsea have Costa Utd. Have v.persie Falcao we have Welbeck and giroud :/
i love giroud but let's be honest is he world class? Man City have Agüero Chelsea have Costa Utd. Have v.persie Falcao we have Welbeck and giroud :/

He's sexier than all of them combined - no question.
Reply 2133
We don't need a striker. We'll get enough goals from Giroud, Alexis, Theo & Welbz.

We've scored the second/third highest number of goals this season (Chelsea & city are joint 1st) and that's with Theo and Giroud being inured for pretty much half of it, and with Ramsey not even scoring like he was last season.

What we need is a CDM because coq won't cut it for us. I'd much rather Wenger fork out £30-50m on a world class CDM then on a striker.

I really like our strike force, we've got so many different types of players that we can completely change our style of play with.

An ideal (and realistic summer) would be to get an established CDM, a left back & a few Bielk type players to grow.
Reply 2134

Yeah but we've scored more than United & Liverpool.. And are I think 6 goals of city & Chelsea who are joint 1st?

I would much rather have our strike force than the one united has (going by form)
Original post by Stalin

We have Ozil, we have Alexis, we have Koscielny, we have Coquelin.......

GK? RB? I don't have any faith in an ageing Debuchy, shocked we paid £12M tbh, complete and utter waste. I'd like the look of Clyne tbh but we'd have to pay top dollar.

Competition for places is vital. Injuries to Ospina and Wilshere have allowed Ramsey and Woj have to get away for poor performances all season.

People had their doubts about Monreal but he's shown he's been a quality signing. The competition between him and Gibbs has brought out the best of both players and as result benefited the first 11.
Original post by sevchenko
GK? RB? I don't have any faith in an ageing Debuchy, shocked we paid £12M tbh, complete and utter waste. I'd like the look of Clyne tbh but we'd have to pay top dollar.

Competition for places is vital. Injuries to Ospina and Wilshere have allowed Ramsey and Woj have to get away for poor performances all season.

People had their doubts about Monreal but he's shown he's been a quality signing. The competition between him and Gibbs has brought out the best of both players and as result benefited the first 11.

We overpaid for Debuchy, but he's good enough until Bellerin gains enough experience - assuming he stops picking up massive injuries.

CDM >>> RB > GK imo
Reply 2137
Original post by Stalin
We overpaid for Debuchy, but he's good enough until Bellerin gains enough experience - assuming he stops picking up massive injuries.

CDM >>> RB > GK imo

Ya know, Hector will probably do a Cesc on us.

I reckon we can do CDM + GK + LB in the summer. I don't think we need a RB either tbh.

Even though I like Monreal, he's getting old and Gibbs is far too injury prone
Original post by marcusmerehay
Probably Arshavin, and look how that turned out...

Nah mate leave Andrei alone. For a season and a bit man was unplayable. Guy was my ****ing hero for a while and his decline was ****ing heartbreaking.

It was like seeing a favourite relative slip into senility...

...you reminisce about the good times, always hoping for a return to how things one were...but ultimately you knew deep down Andrei was never gonna return to those Scouser smashing heights :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SA-1

Even though I like Monreal, he's getting old and Gibbs is far too injury prone

Nacho is 28...he's in his peak.

We don't need a LB. Whilst neither are world class they are solid enough and there are much more pressing concerns elsewhere! Besides, there isn't exactly an abundance of talent about at LB

Latest