The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mary562
3:131to top

Sahih International
And fear the Fire, which has been prepared for the disbelievers.

Add some notes or text when you quote like this. For example those who hear the message in true form and reject it are punished. Or those who fight against Islam etc... Those who are unawares get another test on the day of judgement.

Just the quote on its own gives the impression of "all u non muslims gna burn" to whoever clicks on the thread. Don't want misconceptions on some random non muslim who clicks lol.

Anyway. Goodnight guys.
Asalaamulaykum
Original post by IdeasForLife
Add some notes or text when you quote like this. For example those who hear the message in true form and reject it are punished. Or those who fight against Islam etc... Those who are unawares get another test on the day of judgement.

Just the quote on its own gives the impression of "all u non muslims gna burn" to whoever clicks on the thread. Don't want misconceptions on some random non muslim who clicks lol.

Anyway. Goodnight guys.
Asalaamulaykum

Yeah no worries I will in future
Goodnight - Walaykum asalaam
That moment when you're sad or stressed out, you read the Quran and you feel like Allah is comforting your soul
Never give up making dua to Allah. It may not happen now, it may not happen next month but it will happen when Allah knows is best for you.
Regardless of what people say or think about you, just remember that the only One you have to please is Allah.
"And those who believe and do righteous deeds - We will surely admit them among the righteous [into Paradise]." (Quran 29:9)
Go away and take your rubbish with you. Don't have time for trolls at 1am :h:

I was just quoting verses in the Qu'ran & the return of isa.

I don't see whats rubbish about it, anyway when I was a muslim these were my favorite verses.

[31:9] Surely those who believe and do good works they will have Gardens of Delight

31:4] A guidance and a mercy for those who do good

Indeed, Allah enjoins justice, and the doing of good to others; and giving like kindred; and forbids indecency, and manifest evil, and wrongful transgression. He admonished you that you may take heed. (Quran 16:91)

Consort with them in kindness; and if you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing wherein Allah has placed much good. (Quran 4:20)

Always liked the parts of the Qu'ran that teached kindness :h: some muslims should really learn these.

(edited 9 years ago)
Could you perhaps change the quote? To e.g. verily in remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest?

I didn't make the picture, I just edited TSR Islamic Society onto it :redface:

The claim that Muhammed pbuh and his followers did not face harsh persecution briefly assessed in light of evidence, from mostly non-muslim historians and commentators.

Muhammed pbuh actually preached only to close family and associates, and it was not out in the public, but extremely measured initially.

"For three years, Muhammad preached only to close friends and associates. Then, about 613, he began preaching in public. As he slowly gained converts, the Makkahn authorities came to consider him a dangerous nuisance. In 622, fearing for his safety, Muhammad fled to Madinah (a city some 200 miles north of Makkah)," Micheal J Heart (In his book the "100")

Clearly, from this account by someone who actually assumes Muhammed pbuh not to be a prophet and to have gained his knowledge externally, he atleast admits the evidence shows he feared forhis life, and that the authorities - those in power- saw Muhammed pbuh as a danger to them.

He was preaching that there was only one God. That you should not commit female infanticide. He preached that Idols are merely stone , God can never be comprehended and hence we should not try to limit the almighty according to our own whims and desires to contingent created idols stemming from figments in our imagination. The Quran speaks also about not following just because 'our fathers followed'. This, coupled with the fact the Quran was and still is the most eloquent objective piece of arabic we have on this planet, and the failed attempts at the master arabic linguists to replicate a surah like his, and the fact he did see a rising number of people joining him as well as a threat to their authority, led them to persecute him and his followers.

He clearly was a massive threat to the idol worshipping leaders, who had their wealth, authority, beliefs threatened by a man they had always considered truthful and trustworthy.

We see Ammar Bin Yasir r.a have both his parents matyred and killed. We see Hazrat Bilal r.a, a black slave freed under the orders of Muhammed pbuh, and saved from his cruel master , who joins into the ranks of the muslims and becomes among the highest in rank and the one who recites the call to prayer.

Muhammed pbuh also flee's. He and his followers migrate, running for their lives.

SIR JOHN GLUBB
Talking about the migration of the companions of the Holy Prophet Muhammad, may peace be upon him, to Abyssinia while the prophet himself was in Makkah, he writes:The list seems to have included very nearly all the persons who had accepted Islam and the Messenger of God must have remained with a much reduced group of adherents, among the generally hostile inhabitants of Makkah, a situation which proves him to have possessed a considerable degree of moral courage and conviction.

KAREN ARMSTRONG
A modern research scholar of Islam Karen Armstrong, wrote in her book:Muhammad had to start virtually from scratch and work his way towards the radical monotheistic spirituality of his own. When he began his mission, a dispassionate observer would not have given him a chance. The Arabs, he might have objected, were just not ready for monotheism: they were not sufficently developed for this sophisticated vision. In fact, to attempt to introduce it on a large scale in this violent, terrifying society could be extremely dangerous and Muhammad would be lucky to escape with his life.Indeed, Muhammad was frequently in deadly peril and his survival was a near-miracle. But he did succeed. By the end of his life he had laid an axe to the root of the chronic cycle tribal violence that afflicted the region and paganism was no longer a going concern. The Arabs were ready to embark on a new phase of their history.
(Muhammad - A Biography of the Prophet page 53-54)

In fact, the muslims were often the peaceful ones, who believed in simply leaving differences of faith to our own autonomy. Surah Kaffiroon was revealed in Makkah, at a time Muslims were generally oppressed and persecuted. Clearly by this Surah we see the muslims telling the ones persecuting them that they can have their own faiths, beliefs, and must leave one another to their own beliefs.

1. Say (O Muhammad () to these Mushrikun and Kafirun): "O Al-Kafirun
2. "I worship not that which you worship,
3. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.
4. "And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping.
5. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.
6. "To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islamic Monotheism)."

In fact, there was even a boycott on Muhammed pbuh and his close family, and this is historically documented for all to see.

"
According to tradition, in 617 the leaders of Makhzum and Banu Abd-Shams, two important clans of Quraysh, declared a public boycott against the clan of Banu Hashim, their commercial rival, in order to put pressure on the clan to withdraw its protection from Muhammad.[1][2] The terms imposed on Banu Hashim, as reported by Ibn Ishaq, were "that no one should marry their women nor give women for them to marry; and that no one should either buy from them or sell to them, and when they agreed on that they wrote it in a deed."[3] The boycott lasted for two or three years but eventually collapsed mainly because it was not achieving its purpose; the boycott had caused extreme privation and the sympathizers within the Quraysh finally united to annul the agreement.[2][4]"

Francis E. Peters, The Monotheists: Jews, Christians, and Muslims in Conflict and Competition, p.9

Moojan Momen, An Introduction to Shi'i Islam: The History and Doctrines of Twelver Shiʻism, Yale University Press, p.4

Closing remarks:

1. Muhammed pbuh presented a clear threat to the Idolators, through preaching against the worship of Idols, against female infanticide, against simply following because ones parents follow, and hence was seen as a threat by the pagan leaders, as he presented a clear threat to their beliefs and their authority. It is the idols they used to worship and the money and offerings people gave to these Idols, and their beliefs and those of their forefathers that gave them wealth and authority - something Islam and its growing influence surely threatened.

2. Non-muslim historians and commentators have admitted he was persecuted. The evidence shows clearly he fled for his life, him and his followers.

3. Far from taking a violent position on the pagans, the Quran clearly states the approach to dealing is to say 'to you your way, to me mine'. The entire Surah eludes to the fact muslims were persecuted, perhaps the pagans sought to stop Islam from its growth and hence the Surah educates muslims on how to approach pagans and is a direct approach to them. We won't believe in what you do, nor will you on what we do, so let us have our own faiths and go our separate ways.

4. There are so many more accounts we see of evidence, from the persecution of muslims when they had a boycott on them, at a time when it was mostly Muhammed pbuh and his close family.

Evidence after evidence points to the clear fact of Muhammed pbuh and his followers facing hostile reaction, being persecuted for their beliefs, and i have not even touched the surface of the layer upon layer of evidence. To dismiss this all would be to throw our open mindedness and a rational and unbiased approach.
Although I don't agree with Mawlid. Some good points raised on how one should debate and debating online.

[video="youtube;XSj5IfA8I3I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSj5IfA8I3I[/video]
Whatever happens is only what Allah swt allows to happen. He therefore allows men to make choices out of their own free will, to commit sin and crime because he permits the use of free will, until the day of Resurrection where there will be justice and mercy and accountability. If he wills he can cause certain things to happen in our lives.

I see the erronous view that knowledge of an act therefore means you have no free will. This is a non sequitur, for the following:

1. God knows everything that will ever happen.
2. God knows every choice i will make out of my own free will.
3. I make a choice.
4. The choice i made was still out of my free will, and God knowing it did not affect the fact i still made it out of my own free will.

The non sequitur people use is that knowledge of an act means you have no free will. They will have to explain that.

They do use clever word play 'I have no choice but to perform the act God knows i will perform'. What is not clearly detailed is you have no choice but to use your own free will to choose the acts you do freely which were already in Gods knowledge and you performed them because Gods knowledge is not fallible. In no way does this mean you had no free will, it simply means God knew the choices you would make out of the actions of your free will.

In my humble opinion, this is perhaps the weakest argument leveraged against God and Islam.
Original post by FlareBlitz96
All the sigs have been top quality, but I think something simple like this is quiet beautiful:smile:

Thanks! :smile: I think we should be able to choose whatever we like?
Original post by Incredible97
Asalaamu Alaykum

I like all your images masha'Allah. I came up with a few.

Walaikum assalam,

I like the first one. :smile:
Original post by daisychain_
Also can I please join in on the I-Soc sig thing? :redface:

Sure! Let your creative juices flow. :biggrin:
Original post by Ankabout
Thanks! :smile: I think we should be able to choose whatever we like?

I think we should all have the same! unity init :biggrin:
Quran: "And not alike are the good and the evil. Repel (evil) with what is best, when lo! he between whom and you was enmity would be as if he were a warm friend."

Quran: "Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His Light is as (if there were) a niche and within it a lamp, the lamp is in glass, the glass as it were a brilliant star, lit from a blessed tree, an olive, neither of the east (i.e. neither it gets sun-rays only in the morning) nor of the west (i.e. nor it gets sun-rays only in the afternoon, but it is exposed to the sun all day long), whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself), though no fire touched it. Light upon Light! Allah guides to His Light whom He wills. And Allah sets forth parables for mankind, and Allah is All-Knower of everything."

MashAllah. Think deeply on this verse and you'll find it is powerful.

Alhamdullilah Glad to see that, i hope justice can be done.
Kitab Al Kafi H 3125, CH 16, h 2
Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from
ibn Faddal from ibn Bukayr from Muhammad ibn Muslim who has said the
following:

“Abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, has
said, ‘It is in the book of Amir al-Mu’minin, Ali ibn abu Talib,
recipient of divine supreme covenant, “praise comes before
asking for favors. Whenever you like to pray and plead before
Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, for help, speak of His
glory.” The narrator has said that I asked the Imam, ‘How
should we speak of His glory?’ The Imam said, ‘Say, O You
Who are closer to me than my jugular veins, O the One Who