The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cp778
For those that were asking, I am also waiting for Boodle Hatfield - has anyone heard either way? Or know of anyone who has

They said to me that they were interviewing all last week and this week at the end of my Skype interview (last Thurs). I don't know if they plan to do any others after that.
Original post by TiredandHopeful
Anyone willing to call up Taylor Wessing and confirm if their Vac Scheme recruitment cycle is over?

Called them this morning, they have had a few assessment days but more are scheduled to happen soon. The cycle is not over.
Reply 3622
Original post by SalvioHexia
They said to me that they were interviewing all last week and this week at the end of my Skype interview (last Thurs). I don't know if they plan to do any others after that.

Thanks (: when did you apply and hear?
Original post by Cardiff194
I've got mine in London next Wednesday. Not sure what to expect!

When is yours?

Hi, do you mind sharing whether this is for TC or VS?
Original post by Cp778
Thanks (: when did you apply and hear?

I think you already asked me this. I applied in mid/late December and heard back on 13th Feb.
Received this from Sidley, without messaging them for an update.

Dear xxx

The selection process for the Sidley Austin LLP Vacation Scheme is underway. Your application is strong and is being considered. I will be in touch again shortly with a decision on your application, your patience is appreciated.

Kind Regards

I assume this means I'm on the maybe pile somewhere, seeing as there have been some rejections/interview offers already. Any thoughts?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3626
Original post by michaelscott111
Called them this morning, they have had a few assessment days but more are scheduled to happen soon. The cycle is not over.

Great! Well done, and good luck with your app!
Original post by boolive
Does anyone know what Squire Patton Boggs assessment day involves?

Howdy,

I'm a 2016 incoming trainee with Squire Patton Bogg's London office - please feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding the AC!
Original post by hkmshire
Yeah I've been offered a vac scheme in the summer, really pleased! I applied to birmigham - they were really friendly and the offices are brilliant. I'm not sure how the assessment centre might differ in london but I imagine it must be pretty similar. The group exercise was prioritising the factors firms need to consider in the future while the individual one was interviewing a client about a problem then recommending some solutions. Good luck for your interview - let me know if there's anything else!

Had my telephone interview yesterday and was given an assessment centre invite a few hours later- thanks for your help, everything you said came up. Booked myself in for this Friday, would like to ask if you could give more of an insight into the individual exercise. Was it a case study involving for instance a takeover of another company, and identifying issues? Also were the solutions written or did you have to advise the client? Thanks in advance!
Any tips for MoFo?
did anyone else do the charles russell speechly online tests? has anyone heard? i foud them incredibly difficult!
I'm confused. Is Cleary Gottlieb really done allocating their positions? Because I don't remember reading about anyone having a positive/negative response from them (?) Apart from someone who got a letter (hahaha!) Or am I wrong?
anyone had face-to-face interview with DWF?
Reply 3633
Original post by pasdesdeux
Received this from Sidley, without messaging them for an update.

I assume this means I'm on the maybe pile somewhere, seeing as there have been some rejections/interview offers already. Any thoughts?

Got the same email this morning :smile: - I think we'll be invited :biggrin:
Original post by kadov
Nabarro Vac Scheme offer.

Congrats! When was your assessment day?
Reply 3635
Original post by samantha.1991
anyone had face-to-face interview with DWF?

I have mine next tuesday at bham you?
Original post by Mashrou3
I'm confused. Is Cleary Gottlieb really done allocating their positions? Because I don't remember reading about anyone having a positive/negative response from them (?) Apart from someone who got a letter (hahaha!) Or am I wrong?

Sorry but I attended an AC and the people from graduate recruitment told us that it was the last one. They seem to send their rejections through post.
Original post by baz0
No, nothing yet as well, but someone did post around a week ago saying they've had a phone call about an AC but it seems no one else has yet.

I've got a Squires AC. Phone call yesterday. Maybe they are just going through second batch of apps.
Reply 3638
Original post by Jingojango
I've got a Squires AC. Phone call yesterday. Maybe they are just going through second batch of apps.

Hi

what office is this for?
Original post by Sian.
Hi

what office is this for?

This is for Manchester. Did you ever hear back from AG?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending