The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noel123
Hey guys, had a HSF AC last thursday, but haven't heard back from them since. Should I assume it's a PFO? (since most succesful candidates hear by the next day)

I would definitely say it could still be a positive response.

Would you mind sharing when you applied? Been waiting for a reply post-app for quite a while now.
Original post by silence18
I would definitely say it could still be a positive response.

Would you mind sharing when you applied? Been waiting for a reply post-app for quite a while now.

I applied mid dec, got an AC invite mid jan, had my AC last thursday. Graduate Recruitment mentioned that they would be interviewing all the way til march and are still reviewing applications!
Anybody heard from Morgan Lewis? :smile:
Original post by noel123
I applied mid dec, got an AC invite mid jan, had my AC last thursday. Graduate Recruitment mentioned that they would be interviewing all the way til march and are still reviewing applications!

Thanks and best of luck!
Reply 3644
Original post by Jingojango
This is for Manchester. Did you ever hear back from AG?

Thank you, when is the AC for Squires? No not heard back yet, assuming they have conducted all their assessment centres now too!
I haven't heard from AG either, annoyingly.
Original post by Sian.
Thank you, when is the AC for Squires? No not heard back yet, assuming they have conducted all their assessment centres now too!

10th March, still time for you to hear- I thought I hadn't gotten through as its a taken a few weeks, maybe this week they are contacting people. I've written AG off now, they were really prompt with rejections last year tho!
Original post by TooOldForTC

Manchester too?
London. It's disappointing to not even receive a PFO.
Original post by Mashrou3
I'm confused. Is Cleary Gottlieb really done allocating their positions? Because I don't remember reading about anyone having a positive/negative response from them (?) Apart from someone who got a letter (hahaha!) Or am I wrong?

I just called them now, they said they have had a large number of applications for a vacation scheme position and you should expect to get a letter in the next week or so if you have not heard back from them yet.

Also someone mentioned that graduate recruitment told them they had finished with the last AC? I asked the lady on the phone and she said they still have AC's in March, so I would not be too worried, just sit tight!
Original post by sma1994
I just called them now, they said they have had a large number of applications for a vacation scheme position and you should expect to get a letter in the next week or so if you have not heard back from them yet.

Also someone mentioned that graduate recruitment told them they had finished with the last AC? I asked the lady on the phone and she said they still have AC's in March, so I would not be too worried, just sit tight!

Sorry about that. Pretty sure two ladies from GR said to me that it was the last AC for vac schemes in early February. They probably did not like us too much and decided to run another AC.
Reply 3651
Original post by Jingojango
10th March, still time for you to hear- I thought I hadn't gotten through as its a taken a few weeks, maybe this week they are contacting people. I've written AG off now, they were really prompt with rejections last year tho!

I doubt it- I assume they invite people to the Manchester AC on the same day. Thank you anyway.
Original post by silence18
Sorry about that. Pretty sure two ladies from GR said to me that it was the last AC for vac schemes in early February. They probably did not like us too much and decided to run another AC.

I am sure that is not the case! They probably just had quite a few good applications and could not decide and therefore wanted to run another AC.

Mind you, the lady on the phone might not have wanted to tell me to wait for my PFO! Lol!

Do let us know when you hear back! How long ago was your AC?
Original post by sma1994
I am sure that is not the case! They probably just had quite a few good applications and could not decide and therefore wanted to run another AC.

Mind you, the lady on the phone might not have wanted to tell me to wait for my PFO! Lol!

Do let us know when you hear back! How long ago was your AC?

No no, don't worry too much! I'm sure that she was honest about the AC! Many people that I have spoken to said that the interview didn't go as well as expected so they might still have places.

My AC was on 2nd February and got a PFO (through post after constantly checking my email) at the end of that week!
Reply 3654
AC invite for HFW. Applied on their deadline day.
Well I can take Bristows off the list - that went terribly!
Still awaiting confirmation of my Cleary PFO. Can only assume they've had second thoughts and are preparing the paperwork for me to join as a partner.
Reply 3657
Original post by TooOldForTC

I got a PFO from AG this afternoon, I applied to the London office about two weeks before the deadline. Hopefully there is better news for you!
Original post by Kidioteque
Still awaiting confirmation of my Cleary PFO. Can only assume they've had second thoughts and are preparing the paperwork for me to join as a partner.

Or they sent it by third class post to really rub it in :P
Original post by somuchlaw
I know their London Offices have already held 3 ACs

really? :frown: I emailed because it's been 3 weeks since my telephone interview (and they said 1-2 weeks) and they emailed back to say that their telephone interviews would be done this week so I'd only hear back by then... thought that sounded like they hadn't invited anyone for assessments.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending