The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by Usually-Confused
Anyone firming Southampton for Psychology? :smile:

I am thinking about it for the joint honours course of psychology and criminology:smile:
Original post by JustHolly
Hey, I'm still waiting to hear back from UCL for their Psychology Bsc. Sorry to hear about your rejection but you've got offers from other brilliant unis!

If you don't mind me asking, why do you think you were rejected?

What were your GCSE/AS/A2 predictions?

:smile:

UCL said it was because I didn’t have enough about Psychology on my personal statement.

GCSE: A*A*AAABBBB

AS: AABB

A2 predictions: AAA
Original post by Amy_B2014
Is anyone firming Royal Holloway for psychology? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I’m not sure though...
Original post by EllG
I am thinking about it for the joint honours course of psychology and criminology:smile:

Ah! I couldn't decide which to apply for out of the Joint Honours or just Psychology, went for Psychology in the end. Criminology looks really interesting :smile:
Original post by 12345tf
UCL said it was because I didn’t have enough about Psychology on my personal statement.

GCSE: A*A*AAABBBB

AS: AABB

A2 predictions: AAA

Fair enough, good luck wherever you go!
Original post by thefatduckTEEHEE
Hey! Is anyone firming Glasgow for MA psychology Social sciences....haven't gotten an offer from my other three choices but I'm probably firming Glasgow

Hi! I'll probably be firming Glasgow for MA psychology :smile:- so far it seems like my favourite. I'm still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh/St. Andrews though.
Although my offer requires a 7 in standard level maths - so we'll see how that goes :P.
Anyone else find it frustrating seeing people with worse grades than you getting offers from universities you didn't think you had a chance at? :mad:
has anyone received an offer from Scottish unis? (edinburgh, aberdeen, dundee, stirling) I am an EU student.
Original post by sophie2411
has anyone received an offer from Scottish unis? (edinburgh, aberdeen, dundee, stirling) I am an EU student.

I received a Stirling one last November :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sent my application in September and I still haven't got anything :frown:
I sent my application in September and I still haven't got anything :frown:

I've gotten an offer from Aberdeen for Neuroscience with Psychology, however I believe the department isn't the Psychology department... still waiting for Edinburgh and Dundee, and when you go on TSR connect you'll see that lots of others are, too. I'm a EU applicant and I really don't like the long wait because I'd like to visit the universities and I need to plan my trip...
Original post by FrauBecca
I've gotten an offer from Aberdeen for Neuroscience with Psychology, however I believe the department isn't the Psychology department... still waiting for Edinburgh and Dundee, and when you go on TSR connect you'll see that lots of others are, too. I'm a EU applicant and I really don't like the long wait because I'd like to visit the universities and I need to plan my trip...

Thanks for your answer, I am just getting a little bit nervous because it's been so long since I've heard anything from them. I keep checking my email like a crazy person :tongue: I am hoping that they will reply before the end of March because if not I will go insane!
Thanks for your answer, I am just getting a little bit nervous because it's been so long since I've heard anything from them. I keep checking my email like a crazy person :tongue: I am hoping that they will reply before the end of March because if not I will go insane!

In terms of Dundee they're taking forever for me too! Although I phoned them up and they said to me on the phone they would hope to have everyone heard to by the end of March and in her words "that could be tomorrow or 3 weeks im not sure" so lovely we have to just keep checking haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1053
I've heard from Glasgow and Strathclyde so far, still waiting for St Andrews, Aberdeen and Stirling :frown: ... I wish the wait was over soon
I'm still waiting to hear back from Queen Margret University and Striling University but I've not really heard anything from others who have applied for the same course
Does anyone have a rough idea of how many people applied to the University of Edinburgh for psychology this year? I know that the total number of applications adds up to about 53 000, but is there any way to find out how many applicants there are for each subject or each school?
Got my offer for Strathclyde the other day for Psych. :smile: Anyone planning on using it as their firm choice?
Reply 1057
Has anybody that's predicted AAB recieved an offer from Kings College London yet?
Reply 1058
Original post by MHanway
Got my offer for Strathclyde the other day for Psych. :smile: Anyone planning on using it as their firm choice?

I plan on using it as my insurance since I got an unconditional offer. It seems as a pretty good uni, especially for business, not quite sure about psychology though.
I got an offer from Keele for Psychology and Criminology but I'm hoping to get only psychology. However, I'm still waiting for Kent and Strathclyde. I know Queens and Reading will reject my application. Hopefully Kent will say yes.

I got AAE for my A levels and CCCD for my AS. Kent said I might have a good chance but hopefully they won't change their minds.

A - Psychology A- Sociology E- Business Studies

c - Psychology c- Sociology c- English literature d- Business Studies

Will Kent be lenient with my grades?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending