The Student Room Group

HM Passport Office (Grade 1/Grade 3?)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by missfohal
It still just says something like ' Thankyou for attending your recent panel interview, and your application will be update shortly '.

Something like that anyway x

When did you last email them? And did they just get back to you saying they don't have an update yet? That is ridiculous though, I thought they had to get back to you within 4 weeks of interviewing with an answer. X
Original post by Hannahd91
When did you last email them? And did they just get back to you saying they don't have an update yet? That is ridiculous though, I thought they had to get back to you within 4 weeks of interviewing with an answer. X

I have e-mailed them a few times now, the most recent being yesterday. I was told that they were awaiting contact from HMPO within a few hours, and that they would be e-mailing all candidates later in the afternoon with an update / outcome. Needless to say, we are all still waiting.

It is nothing short of a joke. It does not take that long to inform someone if they have a job or not. I just don't know what to do about it x
Reply 562
I have e-mailed them a few times now, the most recent being yesterday. I was told that they were awaiting contact from HMPO within a few hours, and that they would be e-mailing all candidates later in the afternoon with an update / outcome. Needless to say, we are all still waiting.

It is nothing short of a joke. It does not take that long to inform someone if they have a job or not. I just don't know what to do about it x

Have you emailed today to see what went wrong?
Original post by Jukie
Have you emailed today to see what went wrong?

Yes this morning. Have not had any reply.
Reply 564

I had my reply saying they are only at beginning of process to fill advertised vacancies and as I only want part time will not be allocated hours or start date until they have whole picture so will not know until at least mid April!!
Looks like all those waiting for results have to go through security checks etc before part timers will hear.
Don't even know now if I will bother!
Reply 565

Any News??
Missfohal, I really hope you do get the job. I wouldn't want you to go through all of this and then a negative response at the end. It won't be nice but just hang in there.

Any one starting London soon, or waiting for the security clearance?
It's as if everyone is getting conflicting info. Some not even knowing if they are successful, some being advised mid April and then some getting told there are start dates for beginning of March. They told me there is a start date 27/03/15 and asked how much notice I have to give. I need to give 4 weeks and they haven't replied yet to let me know when the start date is so o doubt I will be starting on that day as I would need o hand my notice in this week!

Does anyone have a start date yet?? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 568
It's as if everyone is getting conflicting info. Some not even knowing if they are successful, some being advised mid April and then some getting told there are start dates for beginning of March. They told me there is a start date 27/03/15 and asked how much notice I have to give. I need to give 4 weeks and they haven't replied yet to let me know when the start date is so o doubt I will be starting on that day as I would need o hand my notice in this week!

Posted from TSR Mobile

AmyW91 does, 27/3 I think on previous page.
Original post by Jukie
I had my reply saying they are only at beginning of process to fill advertised vacancies and as I only want part time will not be allocated hours or start date until they have whole picture so will not know until at least mid April!!
Looks like all those waiting for results have to go through security checks etc before part timers will hear.
Don't even know now if I will bother!

When did you get a reply ?

I was looking for full time hours, but still can't get anywhere. It is a simple answer to a simple question I want to know the answer to. Have I got a job - Yes or No ?

11 weeks to wait on a simple yes or no answer is disgusting to be quite frank. Why they are dragging their heels I will never know.

Give up now !
Original post by Mr poster
Missfohal, I really hope you do get the job. I wouldn't want you to go through all of this and then a negative response at the end. It won't be nice but just hang in there.

Thankyou - I appreciate that.

However I don't think they will be forthcoming with any information any time soon by the looks of things, and so unless they magically send me an update or a job offer, my interest will cease to exist.

An absolute shame.....
Reply 571
When did you get a reply ?

I was looking for full time hours, but still can't get anywhere. It is a simple answer to a simple question I want to know the answer to. Have I got a job - Yes or No ?

11 weeks to wait on a simple yes or no answer is disgusting to be quite frank. Why they are dragging their heels I will never know.

Give up now !

About an hour ago. If they can't even tell you after 11 weeks if you have a job then by time they get clearance etc for you all I think it will probably be Christmas.
I presume you haven't had a reply.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jukie
About an hour ago. If they can't even tell you after 11 weeks if you have a job then by time they get clearance etc for you all I think it will probably be Christmas.

Just disgusting that I seem to have wasted the time to apply, pass the online assessment, telephone interview, but cannot get an update as to what is happening now.

Very disheartening...
Reply 573
Just disgusting that I seem to have wasted the time to apply, pass the online assessment, telephone interview, but cannot get an update as to what is happening now.

Very disheartening...

I feel exactly the same they knew I was part time when I applied but still gave me a conditional offer on 22/12. Now I have to wait to see were gaps on (their words) before they can tell me. So much for equal opportunities!!

They should reply to you, I have just had a survey to fill in on the recruitment campaign handling as far as offer stage be interesting to see if they send you that!
Original post by Jukie
I feel exactly the same they knew I was part time when I applied but still gave me a conditional offer on 22/12. Now I have to wait to see were gaps on (their words) before they can tell me. So much for equal opportunities!!

They should reply to you, I have just had a survey to fill in on the recruitment campaign handling as far as offer stage be interesting to see if they send you that!

I doubt very much whether I will receive that at all. Getting rather peeved off now
Reply 575
I doubt very much whether I will receive that at all. Getting rather peeved off now

At this very moment in time seriously considering withdrawing my application! Hope you hear tomorrow but don't you feel as if you are wishing your life away.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mr poster

Yes I am still waiting for an update? I am offered a job in London
Reply 577

I think I will call it a day, realistically my start date will be at best May, not prepared to wait that long on top of an already unacceptable timescale.
Good Luck hope you get through.
Original post by Jukie
I think I will call it a day, realistically my start date will be at best May, not prepared to wait that long on top of an already unacceptable timescale.
Good Luck hope you get through.

Thinking about it myself to be honest. Unacceptable behaviour from them
Reply 579

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I have a start date - the 27th March. It's all been confirmed & that's my induction day then I have 2 weeks training in Southport then my role is in Liverpool.
My email wasn't from Manpower though it was from, what looks like, one of the team leaders at the passport office itself. She's even confirmed my shift pattern & which day off I would have when I work the Saturday.
I hope you all hear soon & something gets sorted out for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending