The Student Room Group

GCSE Art Exam

Hi, on Monday I was given my GCSE Art AQA exam paper and I just need some help picking a topic to do so please could you recommend some good artists for these topics to me that will be easy to work with or interesting. The only problem I am having is that I don't want to do any 3D work or anything that will take up too much of my time as I have a lot of other subjects going on so preferably things I can just draw and paint/colour easily without constructing things.

1) Food (a. fruit, b. sweets, c. shape, colour, form and/or texture in food)
2) Fantastic and Strange
3) Mixed Media
4) The human condition (a. people and places, b. identity)
5) Mark Making
6) Spirals
7) Ritual (a. own interpretation of the starting point ritual, b. traditional celebrations, c. sequence of actions that form an everyday ritual)
Original post by cutestalpha
Hi, on Monday I was given my GCSE Art AQA exam paper and I just need some help picking a topic to do so please could you recommend some good artists for these topics to me that will be easy to work with or interesting. The only problem I am having is that I don't want to do any 3D work or anything that will take up too much of my time as I have a lot of other subjects going on so preferably things I can just draw and paint/colour easily without constructing things.

1) Food (a. fruit, b. sweets, c. shape, colour, form and/or texture in food)
2) Fantastic and Strange
3) Mixed Media
4) The human condition (a. people and places, b. identity)
5) Mark Making
6) Spirals
7) Ritual (a. own interpretation of the starting point ritual, b. traditional celebrations, c. sequence of actions that form an everyday ritual)

I think the most interesting ones of those are:
Fantastic and strange: You could do so much with that! Spirals and dark colours, freaky clowns, it could be awesome!
Spirals: I just really like spirals :lol: intricate patterns with pen would look lovely
Ritual: You could do something to do with another culture, like traditional African art or something
I got given that today! I'm looking at doing making marks but the human condition seems to be really popular x
I got giving that today too, was wondering if I do sweets I'm thinking I should do Charlie and the chocolate factory?
Hey, I got given that on Thursday, Having a lot of trouble find artist of Fantastic and Strange any suggestion?
Reply 5
CHRISTO DAGOROV

ROGER DEAN

DESTINYBLUE

MANNY ROBERTS

are the artists ive found so far are Fantastic and Strange :smile: good luck!!!
Reply 6
I'm working on Fantastic and Strange, I think it's one of the most interesting topics but I'm finding it so hard to reference different artists, so far though I've found:
- Tim Burton
- Kelly Vivanco
- Edward Gorey
Also, I think 'whimsical art' is quite interesting, but I don't think there is a particular artist for it..☺️
Original post by Ashta
I'm working on Fantastic and Strange, I think it's one of the most interesting topics but I'm finding it so hard to reference different artists, so far though I've found:
- Tim Burton
- Kelly Vivanco
- Edward Gorey
Also, I think 'whimsical art' is quite interesting, but I don't think there is a particular artist for it..☺️

Tim Burton is a great one for that :yep:
Sorry to just jump in, but I'm really stuck on what to do for mine :frown: :smile:
I chose 'The Human Condition@ and I don't know whether to do about life and death or religion. I'm leaning towards religion, but is it too far off the title if I ask 'What does it mean to be human?' I think I want to say that everyone believes in something, and our thoughts are what make us human. So people can be affected by religion and certain events can sometimes make them lose faith.
I really don't know what to do :')
you have to do the artists on the paper or you lose marks
Hi,

I am doing human conditions, does anyone know any good artists?
Hey.

I'm doing fantastic and strange and can I draw anything? I like Yoji Shinkawa's art and i was wondering I can draw his as my final piece? Do I have to draw my self and do it his style or can I just paint what he has done?
Original post by lookatdemeyes
Hey.

I'm doing fantastic and strange and can I draw anything? I like Yoji Shinkawa's art and i was wondering I can draw his as my final piece? Do I have to draw my self and do it his style or can I just paint what he has done?

You can't copy an artist's piece as your final piece, it has to be your own idea. You should use one of your observational photos/images in the style of the artist, perhaps using the same layout or effect :smile:
Original post by pinklet2216
you have to do the artists on the paper or you lose marks

I got full UMS on my art exam and I didn't use the artists listed in the paper, they're only for ideas :nah:
Original post by dragonblazer11
Hi,

I am doing human conditions, does anyone know any good artists?

I'm doing the human condition here are some of the artists I have chosen: Barbara Kruger, The Gryllus, Jenny Saville, John Coplans, Agnes Cecile, Eduardo Mata Icaza, Antonella Montes just to name a few
for fantastic and strange, you can explore different fields in art. I chose fantastic and strange narratives from greek mythology. Hindu mythology was also popular in my class.
i did. just make the arists link. you dont have to obvs, however i did. and gor 12/13 A*'s last year so bang bang. just got a c in english
Hi I'm actually three days from taking that exam. Not sure if you are now. I chose fantastic and strange and I'm making a dress out of newspapers. I have to say the most interesting things to do is fantastic and strange or mixed media. There's a lot more option and flexibility on what you can do. I.e fantastic and strange a dress And mixed media a story book
my friend is doing human Conedition and its good during the whole preparation there was a lot of good things to do copies of but is now struggling with the final piece. So yeah
hope this helps :smile:
Original post by katiebarr2000
Hi I'm actually three days from taking that exam. Not sure if you are now. I chose fantastic and strange and I'm making a dress out of newspapers. I have to say the most interesting things to do is fantastic and strange or mixed media. There's a lot more option and flexibility on what you can do. I.e fantastic and strange a dress And mixed media a story book
my friend is doing human Conedition and its good during the whole preparation there was a lot of good things to do copies of but is now struggling with the final piece. So yeah
hope this helps :smile:

i decided to go with the human condition, i had a wide range on studies and decided to look into body image, i did about vogue and unrealistic expectations for women, plastic surgery, makeup, eating disorders like anorexia and binge eating and combined a range of these with my primary evidence for my final piece however i'm worried that my exam won't live up to my coursework :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending