The Student Room Group

2015 Art GCSE apart and/or together??

What ideas can i do for my gcse textiles on the theme apart and/or together??

Scroll to see replies

Hi I am also doing art this year I thought about this theme as relationship,fruit cut in half or together a broken mirror with broken toys meaning a broken childhood what are your specialities portraiture, flowers, fruit, if you tell me what you like drawing or painting then we can create some ideas you can do faces that are apart for example

I thought about doing fruit as I am not very skilled so I do things that are simple but well however if you are a comftorable artist then pick hard things to draw/paint don't do hard things unwell as if you do easy but well done then your artwork will look good.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mshake
What ideas can i do for my gcse textiles on the theme apart and/or together??

Sew an intricate dress or something and then muck it up and cut it etc
Reply 3
im doing flowers. im really stuck with ideas. can anybody help me please?
btw im doing textiles.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by huffy17
btw im doing textiles.

Take the flowers apart brea them take the petals off maybe. Look at Renoir he does many still life of flowers.
Reply 5
Original post by Maria1812
Take the flowers apart brea them take the petals off maybe. Look at Renoir he does many still life of flowers.

Thank you soo much!
do you know any textiles artist? and how could i interpret in textiles?
Original post by huffy17
Thank you soo much!
do you know any textiles artist? and how could i interpret in textiles?

William morris is a famous pattern maker he made famous wallpapers with flower patterns and othr things let me know if it is something youa r einterested in if not we can look at going in a different direction with your project.
Reply 7
William morris is a famous pattern maker he made famous wallpapers with flower patterns and othr things let me know if it is something youa r einterested in if not we can look at going in a different direction with your project.

i did research William morris, but i want other textiles artists.
Im really confused:confused:
Original post by huffy17
i did research William morris, but i want other textiles artists.
Im really confused:confused:

I do art gcse what is it you dislike about Morris and what is exacly textiles I only do art so yeah. Can yout ell me exacly what you do it textiles? what do you design then i can help you are you planing to paint,draw,print things what type of media do you enjoy using do you like patterns?
Reply 9
I do art gcse what is it you dislike about Morris and what is exacly textiles I only do art so yeah. Can yout ell me exacly what you do it textiles? what do you design then i can help you are you planing to paint,draw,print things what type of media do you enjoy using do you like patterns?

In textiles, when you research an artist you have to interpret their work using fabric. After researching about 10-15 artists you have to develop your ideas using fabric e.g: printing on fabrics, dyeing fabrics. etc.

So far, I've only done observational drawings using mixed media and now im struggling to find artists/textile artists.
Original post by huffy17
In textiles, when you research an artist you have to interpret their work using fabric. After researching about 10-15 artists you have to develop your ideas using fabric e.g: printing on fabrics, dyeing fabrics. etc.

So far, I've only done observational drawings using mixed media and now im struggling to find artists/textile artists.

William Morris,John Henry Dearle,walter crane are some aritsts who deal with patterns
I want to do something to do with war, or tor down buildings etc.. I enjoy paining and fine art..... really need help finding artists or war photographers etc.... help! ideaas please!
William Morris,John Henry Dearle,walter crane are some aritsts who deal with patterns

do you think you could help me with mine? im struggling for ideas..
thankyou :smile:
Original post by alivinnie98
I want to do something to do with war, or tor down buildings etc.. I enjoy paining and fine art..... really need help finding artists or war photographers etc.... help! ideaas please!

What theme is it exacly you want to do is it how everything was torn apart because of the war? If so write A.y jackson war file:///Users/Maria/Desktop/A._Y._Jackson_-House_of_Ypres.jpg

Do you like drawing scenes as there are many scenes of war paintings or just the surroundings are you interested in painting soldiers?I would discuss this with your teacher also and how would you develop this project? Also do not copy artists create your own art work what type of photshoot would you do to relate wiht the war??

I wanted to focous on abstract for this theme but my teacher said it is a bad idea as I would struggle to gain marks so what you want is not always what would gain you most marks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by alivinnie98

Henry Moore is a war artist and a sculptor you might like.
Original post by huffy17
btw im doing textiles.

Maybe look at artists who use flowers in their work eg Anita Nowinska, Van Gogh, William Morris etc depending on the style you want and then also look at artists who use textile materials like Naseem Darbey (have a look at her work, it's AMAZING). This way your final piece will relate to textiles but you can still look at paintings etc.
Hope that kinda helps, I've only done Art before and don't really know how Textiles works. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was wondering if I took screenshots from a video game -Mirror's Edge. Would that be considered a primary source for extra marks?
Reply 17
Original post by TheBlueBiro
Maybe look at artists who use flowers in their work eg Anita Nowinska, Van Gogh, William Morris etc depending on the style you want and then also look at artists who use textile materials like Naseem Darbey (have a look at her work, it's AMAZING). This way your final piece will relate to textiles but you can still look at paintings etc.
Hope that kinda helps, I've only done Art before and don't really know how Textiles works. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much!
now I know what to do :smile:
Original post by huffy17
Thank you so much!
now I know what to do :smile:

Aww no problem, glad it helped! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need artist links and ideas for together and/or apart, something I can do with EastEnders.. That's the hard part as I already have EastEnders initials, Sharon,Dot,Phil,Peggy I'm so stuck any links and ideas please?!?!?!?! Tweet @OfficialS_Platt or reply to this comment please.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending