The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Who you lot going to watch? Man City v Barca or Juve v Dortmund? So glad I've got Sky Sports I can just easily record the Man City game :biggrin:
Fantastic banter. Anyone who believes the *******s Zurich sprouts about Chelsea should kill themselves. Conversation/thread hasn't even got anything to do with us and he's sprouting off. Man's obsessed.
Who would people rather went through out of:

Man City/Barca
Basel/Porto
Dortmund/Juve

and I would assume that the other big names would go through in the other ties.

Imo I'd rather it was City, Basel and Dortmund myself.
Original post by michaelalex
If I was on Bamzooki, I would have created an Optimus Prime looking motherf***** and gone to town on those kids. Anyway to your starting XI

I don't know, Szczesny to me is a better keeper than Ospina. He's far taller and has more of a presence, even if he has spells of inconsistency if both keepers were at the top of their game then I'd pick Szczesny every time, although having said that I still think Ospina's a good keeper. I reckon his time on the sidelines would have done him some good and that he'll come back strong.

Chambers over Bellerin? Bellerin has that beautiful recovery pace, Chambers as a RB is too exposed against fast wingers, he's a future CB/ CDM to me.

And last but not least, Wenger already confirmed that Wilshere's out so who would you have replace him?

I would personally have Ooooooooooospina over Scez anyday. Credit is due to Scez he's a good keeper at best but like top keepers; Neuer/De Gea/Lloris/Buffon all have their inconsistent patches.

To me, we wouldn't have had that same knock on effect where we suffered that loss to City 6-3, even that dreadful dissapointing 6-0 to Chelsea if we had Ospina in place at that time. Sure it's an all around performance but come on Scez conceded that yellow in Injury time against City, was that worth it? He could have prevented some of them goals during our woeful season after Jan last year.

Ospina is a breath of fresh air me to me, was exceptional in last year's WC with Colombia aswell and the fans alike love him here from what I gather when I go to our home matches > Oooooospina.
If I was on Bamzooki, I would have created an Optimus Prime looking motherf***** and gone to town on those kids. Anyway to your starting XI

I don't know, Szczesny to me is a better keeper than Ospina. He's far taller and has more of a presence, even if he has spells of inconsistency if both keepers were at the top of their game then I'd pick Szczesny every time, although having said that I still think Ospina's a good keeper. I reckon his time on the sidelines would have done him some good and that he'll come back strong.

Chambers over Bellerin? Bellerin has that beautiful recovery pace, Chambers as a RB is too exposed against fast wingers, he's a future CB/ CDM to me.

And last but not least, Wenger already confirmed that Wilshere's out so who would you have replace him?

Szczesny has the potential to be better, but Ospina is also a lot calmer on and off the ball, as well as has less of a propensity to piss around doing flicks, as he is happy to remain anonymous, whereas Shezza just goes into games thinking it's a kick around for everyone. The only issue with Ospina is that he flaps a bit at corners (whereas Szczesny usually just falls into a coma and lets them score), and his decision making is a bit suspect when coming off of his line (he loves rugby tackling his own defenders when trying to get the ball).

Bellerin is a better attacking and counterattacking threat with decent defensive ability, and has the potential (note: potential) to progress on to the levels of Jordi Alba in later years. The issue is that he is not consistent, and is too naive, often following our wingers up the pitch, or being dragged into the center of the pitch by sitting behind Mertesacker when they have the ball. Chambers is far more positionally aware, provides aerial ability, and is better in defensive duties (although he is terrible against anyone pacy).

I would stick Rosicky in, or have Cazorla in a 4-1-4-1 formation.

Original post by angelfox
Who would people rather went through out of:

Man City/Barca
Basel/Porto
Dortmund/Juve

and I would assume that the other big names would go through in the other ties.

Imo I'd rather it was City, Basel and Dortmund myself.

City, Basel, and Juve. Juventus are pretty suspect to me, they never perform to the level they should with the squad they have.
Original post by Stefano93
I would personally have Ooooooooooospina over Scez anyday. Credit is due to Scez he's a good keeper at best but like top keepers; Neuer/De Gea/Lloris/Buffon all have their inconsistent patches.

To me, we wouldn't have had that same knock on effect where we suffered that loss to City 6-3, even that dreadful dissapointing 6-0 to Chelsea if we had Ospina in place at that time. Sure it's an all around performance but come on Scez conceded that yellow in Injury time against City, was that worth it? He could have prevented some of them goals during our woeful season after Jan last year.

Ospina is a breath of fresh air me to me, was exceptional in last year's WC with Colombia aswell and the fans alike love him here from what I gather when I go to our home matches > Oooooospina.

Yh, I agree Ospina is a breath of fresh air, someone to genuinely challenge Scez, as over the last couple seasons he's got away with murder cause no one's really threatened to take his place whereas Ospina's not looking to let go of the No.1 spot now that hes got it. I always think though that if Scez can cut out his annoying habit of just randomly collapsing in form for no reason then we'd be talking about him in the same bracket as the De Gea's of world football. Saying all that I'll always be pissed off at him for conceding that red card against Bayern when he brought down Tom Daley's diving coach Robben. FFS.
Who you lot going to watch? Man City v Barca or Juve v Dortmund? So glad I've got Sky Sports I can just easily record the Man City game :biggrin:

Both mate. Both.
Lmao City out in 30 minutes
Reply 2168
Clichy is so **** at crossing
Original post by SA-1

:rofl: He was aiming at the stewards tbf. and lol'd at Dzekos balls being crushed.

Exactly, but I'd never record a game lol. Don't feel it that way :tongue:

Original post by Arkasia
Both mate. Both.

:cool:

Original post by angelfox
Lmao City out in 30 minutes

Original post by SA-1

There's a match thread for this :unimpressed:
But yeah loool.
Gibbs> Clichy
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Gibbs> Clichy

Gibbs > Cole > My Fat Friend Tom > Clichy
Do you reckon if we win the CL, Nasri and Clichy will come crawling back to us?
Original post by Arkasia
Gibbs > Cole > My Fat Friend Tom > Clichy

:toofunny:

Original post by Arkasia
Do you reckon if we win the CL, Nasri and Clichy will come crawling back to us?

We should try winning CL first lool . :moon:
I swear a lot of us admittedly will get gassed if we were to draw the winners of Basel/Porto for example...until we're beaten even by them..but let's try and over come Monaco first too :ninja:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
:toofunny:

We should try winning CL first lool . :moon:
I swear a lot of us admittedly will get gassed if we were to draw the winners of Basel/Porto for example...until we're beaten even by them..but let's try and over come Monaco first too :ninja:

Yeah it was more of a hypothetical :wink:

If we beat Monaco some of the meatheads on here will be like "I want to draw Madrid/Munich, we should be able to win the big games and show we deserve it". Chelsea will draw the Basel/Porto winner.
Reply 2176
Cazorla > Messi
Original post by Arkasia
Chelsea will draw the Basel/Porto winner.

Na I'd prefer Arsenal, allows for an easier passage to the semis.
Original post by jam277
Na I'd prefer Arsenal, allows for an easier passage to the semis.

Where you would face your toughest test yet, I presume.

Bradford.

I dont buy into this you have to be a 6'5+ keeper to be a good one. Ospina is a better shot stopper and has better reactions i'd say though hes probably slower. Look at Barthez whos the same height as Ospina. Are you telling me you'd pick Szcz over Barthez because he's taller?

Latest