The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12
Year 12 was fine, it was year 13 that killed me/kind of AS exams onwards really :colondollar: But you should demand a certificate! They sent me one of mine wrong, it was my only A as well :unimpressed:
Hard to remember that though in my experience :redface: Saying this as I stood up earlier and almost passed out because I'm stupid like that. In bed is possibly more of an issue though, seeing as you're (hopefully!) asleep most of the time.

-------
Sat here crying for absolutely no reason whatsoever. It's kind of helpful, but I really don't understand my brain sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I just peaked in year 10 and I just haven't gone back up :lol: I might do :tongue: I wouldn't mind if I didn't work hard in chemistry but I bloody well did! You know more than most that sleeping doesn't always occur in bed, I think I kick my legs about a lot :mmm:

Crying can sometimes be helpful, hope you're ok :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Is there anyone on here who has ever wanted to say something to their GP maybe a worry or concern, but has been too anxious to mention it face to face so write them a letter for receptionist to pass on instead ?

I wanted to thank my GP for being awesome and making a massive difference to my life but I couldn't express that to her so I gave the receptionist a thank you card with that inside to give her. I'm such a wimp. :colondollar: Probably not the same thing. Sorry :tongue:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Still up if you need a rant :jumphug:

I haven't done that, but I have (in the past) written out letters/speeches to people and just sat in front of them and read it out, not making any eye contact :o:

I'm alright I think thanks. Just thinking a lot about everything but in a relatively constructive, rational way which seems to be unusual for me at the minute! Should do it more often :colondollar:

Original post by Anonymous #2
I think I just peaked in year 10 and I just haven't gone back up :lol: I might do :tongue: I wouldn't mind if I didn't work hard in chemistry but I bloody well did! You know more than most that sleeping doesn't always occur in bed, I think I kick my legs about a lot :mmm:

Crying can sometimes be helpful, hope you're ok :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Year 10 was ok I guess, 12 was the best for me though- I actually started to gain some confidence/come out of my shell a bit then. It all disappeared again very quickly, but still :redface: Meh, chemistry is just horrible :tongue: Yeah that's a fair point, I guess just try and lie still then!

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm alright I think thanks. Just thinking a lot about everything but in a relatively constructive, rational way which seems to be unusual for me at the minute! Should do it more often :colondollar:
Posted from TSR Mobile

OK well... don't do anything I wouldn't do, is probably the best way of putting across what I'd like to say to you atm :hugs:

Imma sleep now. This book I'm reading is too good - gonna take me ages to copy out quotes and I'm sleepy :colondollar:

Nighty night all :grouphugs:
OK well... don't do anything I wouldn't do, is probably the best way of putting across what I'd like to say to you atm :hugs:

Imma sleep now. This book I'm reading is too good - gonna take me ages to copy out quotes and I'm sleepy :colondollar:

Nighty night all :grouphugs:

Not sure what that rules out but thanks :tongue: :hugs:

Spoiler

Sleep well! Glad the book's good, even of that does make it harder in a way maybe :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure what that rules out but thanks :tongue: :hugs:

Spoiler

Sleep well! Glad the book's good, even of that does make it harder in a way maybe :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rules out

Spoiler

Thanks. It's a relief tbh. At least now I can tell my supervisor on Thursday that I got some good quotes from at least one book :colondollar:

Nighty night :hugs:

Year 10 was ok I guess, 12 was the best for me though- I actually started to gain some confidence/come out of my shell a bit then. It all disappeared again very quickly, but still :redface: Meh, chemistry is just horrible :tongue: Yeah that's a fair point, I guess just try and lie still then!

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was the same confidence wise in year 12 :tongue: Now I'm firmly in my shell with many more layers of it I think :lol:

But lying still is the worstttt! :teehee: I'll stop being awkward, sorry :colondollar:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, no I really appreciate all the replies in here :smile: Going through a horrible time at the moment

Claimed ESA on the basis of social anxiety and depression, sent medical form off today with evidence such as letters off family and friends, letter off GP, copies of latest GP appointments and prescriptions. Copy of my form for referral for CBT. Just the waiting on decision now that is the worst. They said it can be up to 10 weeks before they will review the form

Dreading next weekend. My parents friends who live on coast have invited me to stay with them for a break, only Friday to Monday, so quite short but the anxiety this is causing me is unreal. I know they are lovely, but its just being with people i've only ever been round with family before thats making me anxious if that makes sense ?

Getting nights at the moment where, I just lie and worry about everything and then I start wondering how I am going to get through the week or at least until next GP appt (2 weeks away)
I'm a horrible person. :cry:
Rules out

Spoiler

Thanks. It's a relief tbh. At least now I can tell my supervisor on Thursday that I got some good quotes from at least one book :colondollar:

Nighty night :hugs:

Ok :redface:

Good! Having something to say is always an advantage (even if you don't always/ever really end up saying it, in my case :colondollar:).

I was the same confidence wise in year 12 :tongue: Now I'm firmly in my shell with many more layers of it I think :lol:

But lying still is the worstttt! :teehee: I'll stop being awkward, sorry :colondollar:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, definitely same here!
Do, I can't think of any more arguments! :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway
I'm a horrible person. :cry:

You are not, at all! :no::console:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, definitely same here!
Do, I can't think of any more arguments! :tongue:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you insist :tongue:
Not really, I was purposely vague :tongue: They are definitely good moments though :smile:

Just realised what time it is (and how many times I've posted here tonight :mmm:) Hope you sleep well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Therapy on Friday.

KERON IS SO EXCITED.
If you insist :tongue:
Not really, I was purposely vague :tongue: They are definitely good moments though :smile:

Just realised what time it is (and how many times I've posted here tonight :mmm:) Hope you sleep well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Yeah, I haven't slept in forty-something hours so should probably give it a go :redface: Also seem to have taken up the whole thread today :colondollar: Anyway, night! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
night. from. hell.
Original post by ScaryScience
night. from. hell.

:hugs: hope you're okay!
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
:hugs: hope you're okay!

not really but thanks. did a nightline shift. one girl kept calling every single hour through the night and she was really rude and demanding. and I got an IM and it was from Russia and now people are spying on me and im not sure what to do :cry:
Original post by Anonymous
not really but thanks. did a nightline shift. one girl kept calling every single hour through the night and she was really rude and demanding. and I got an IM and it was from Russia and now people are spying on me and im not sure what to do :cry:

me :emo:
Original post by Anonymous

Original post by ScaryScience
me :emo:

that sucks :frown: maybe if they call again ask if someone else can take the call? oh, can you block the person who sent the IM? you sure people are spying on you? huge hugs :hugs:
Nah, you won't! But tell us if it goes well (which it will!) :yep:

So far no reply, although it doesn't say if she saw it :smile:

---------/-----

Having a productive morning!! :gah:
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
I know they are lovely, but its just being with people i've only ever been round with family before thats making me anxious if that makes sense ?

This makes sense. My uncle is in hospital at the moment and I go to see him with my mum, but she's just started a new job and the new hours means that it crosses both afternoon and evening visiting, so I knew that if I wanted to see him, I'd have to go on my own.. I'd never spoken to him without her being there either (and tbh usually just sat there and listened to what they were saying). So a few weeks ago I decided I'd have to see him on my own because if I didn't I'd only see him once every 10 days and that's rubbish as the poor bloke is stuck on his own in there. So I went, was terrified, and did that mad thing where I grasped at every possible conversation.. I'm surprised he could keep up! But it got easier and now if I'm seeing him on my own I don't think anything of it.

Latest