The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

UWS 2015 applicants and offers

Hi
Ive applied for pgde primary and nursing at ayr campus.
Just wondering if anyone else has applied for these courses.
Has anyone received offers yet for september 2015 starts

Scroll to see replies

hi, applied for an ms information tech course with UWS with an unconditional offer.
Not sure if I should take it up or not, but just thought i'd respond (if i accept,i'll be at paisley).
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Reply 2
I've applied for adult nursing at Ayr, I have an interview in a couple of weeks time.

Have you done your literacy and numeracy tests yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I applied to UWS before 15th Jan deadline for 3rd Year Coaching and still awaiting an offer, I have been invited to an Applicant day in a few weeks not sure if this is the interview or not though?
I´m from Spain and I have received a conditional offer for filmmaking and screen writing in the ayr campus, I just have to pass a couple exams and I really want to know how is it like or any other experiences hahaha
Original post by luciarcanivell
I´m from Spain and I have received a conditional offer for filmmaking and screen writing in the ayr campus, I just have to pass a couple exams and I really want to know how is it like or any other experiences hahaha

Will you be taking it up then? Is it a UG or PG degree?
it´s an UG but I don´t know, I´m still waiting for other universities (edinburgh, napier and aberdeen).
Are you from scotland?
Original post by luciarcanivell
it´s an UG but I don´t know, I´m still waiting for other universities (edinburgh, napier and aberdeen).
Are you from scotland?

Nope :smile: I'm from India. Applied for an Ms course to UWS but worried about the ranking of the insti.. and prospects afterwards. If I take this up, I'll be at Paisley.
Reply 8
Original post by kerri.m
I've applied for adult nursing at Ayr, I have an interview in a couple of weeks time.

Have you done your literacy and numeracy tests yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi yes I done my literacy and maths tests in early February. Still waiting on an interview date tho.
Have u had ur interview yet .
Reply 9
Original post by FIONA04
Hi yes I done my literacy and maths tests in early February. Still waiting on an interview date tho.
Have u had ur interview yet .

I had my interview today, it was nerve wracking but the nurses and lecturers were really friendly and put you at ease.

One of the people involved with applications and recruitment said that they still have about another 40 or so people to see for interview so you should hear soon?
Original post by confusee123
Nope :smile: I'm from India. Applied for an Ms course to UWS but worried about the ranking of the insti.. and prospects afterwards. If I take this up, I'll be at Paisley.

Oh, i,ll be at Ayr, but hope everything willlbe amazing hahaha
Reply 11
I'm waiting for Caley to get back to me with an offer (hopefully!!) but I'm not sure they will so I'm really considering applying to WoS (Paisley) through Extra. Any current Social Sciences students want to share their experience?
Reply 12
Original post by kerri.m
I had my interview today, it was nerve wracking but the nurses and lecturers were really friendly and put you at ease.

One of the people involved with applications and recruitment said that they still have about another 40 or so people to see for interview so you should hear soon?

Finally heard about an interview. Could you give me an idea of the questions they ask please. Hope you get good news.
anyone going to the Hamilton campus? i have an unconditional for criminal justice but know nothing about this campus and theres no open day....
Reply 14
Just got an unconditional for Paisley...Mental Health Nursing! So happy :-)
Accepted a conditional from hamilton as my first choice for accounting
Reply 16
Has anyone had offers from Ayr for adult nursing yet? I know a few mental health applicants who have received offers, but no-one I know applied to adult and got an interview.

I'm getting so nervous as don't think interview went brilliantly.
Original post by akr0910
Just got an unconditional for Paisley...Mental Health Nursing! So happy :-)

Hi!
congrats on your offer!
I have the same for IT and computing. Any idea how Paisley campus is?
I've heard its a rough place with a high crime rate.. Did you attend the open day?
My friend did mental health at uws and said she preferred uws to cali where she done nursing. Said support and structure was a lot better than cali. Well done on getting an offer
Original post by confusee123
Hi!
congrats on your offer!
I have the same for IT and computing. Any idea how Paisley campus is?
I've heard its a rough place with a high crime rate.. Did you attend the open day?
Reply 19
Original post by kerri.m
Has anyone had offers from Ayr for adult nursing yet? I know a few mental health applicants who have received offers, but no-one I know applied to adult and got an interview.

I'm getting so nervous as don't think interview went brilliantly.

Hi have you heard anything yet I asked for my interview to be rescheduled as was ill, worried now that they will fill all the places before i get my interview

Quick Reply

Latest