The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Lol nicho, im getting so nervous now..

Congrats fran...
Reply 181
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say about my interview today, you will all be fine, my interviewers were lovely, and the questions aren't gonna be tricking anyone out all simple and to the point!

Tbh I am not happy myself as I didn;t get to say a lot of things I wanted as it all just went out of my head, but its done now! So everyone don'tbe worrying as honestly it was grand!

xxx
[QUOTE="mmq02;53886315"]Hey guys,

Just wanted to say about my interview today, you will all be fine, my interviewers were lovely, and the questions aren't gonna be tricking anyone out all simple and to the point!

Tbh I am not happy myself as I didn;t get to say a lot of things I wanted as it all just went out of my head, but its done now! So everyone don'tbe worrying as honestly it was grand!

xxx[/QUOTE

I'm sure you done great!! :smile: glad it is quite relaxed!! What were the questions? Did they say when I would hear back? :-)
Original post by mmq02
Hey guys,

xxx

I agree with you, they were so welcoming and tried to help with nerves. I took a few mind blanks today and as soon as Id left I was thinking of what I should have said!! Good to talk to you before hand :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im glad you both got on ok. Its good to know its relaxed. Im sure your glad its done. Did they say when you would hear back x
Original post by Bernie..
Im glad you both got on ok. Its good to know its relaxed. Im sure your glad its done. Did they say when you would hear back x

They know you're nervous and try to break the ice at first with chatting. I asked and they try to get interviews completed before Easter but sometimes it can take longer so could be end of April/start of May!xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im glad to hear they put you at ease. Im really nervous, im afraid of my mind going blank xx
Reply 187
Original post by Bernie..

I think someone posted on this forum that we hear back if we have a decline in 10 days or is that my imagination??:L
Reply 188
No honestly...like I kept saying ye know and pausing..which is SO bad:L but they know that ppeople do that and have mind blanks cause of nerves, and they are lovely and the questions arent difficult I promise!! just read around different topic areas, and talk loads about experience!

You will be great! Keep us posted how you get on:smile:
Thanks mmq I wil def keep you posted. I heard up to weeks after you can get an unsuccessful.
I just hope we all do well, I really do xx
Reply 190
mine went really well as well guys! keep the faith it isn't as bad as you expect:smile:
Do they base your interview on your chosen area of area of social work that was in the 600wd personal statement?
Reply 192
Hello glad to hear use guys interviews went well!
Gives me some hope I guess
What questions did use guys get asked?
Thanks in advance, Fran.
I got word of an interview for next Wednesday, so about a weeks notice. Luckily I'm off work that day lol
Hi cfearon congrats on the interview..
Original post by cfearon149
I got word of an interview for next Wednesday, so about a weeks notice. Luckily I'm off work that day lol

Great news!! Less time to worry about it 😀
Hi everyone, just wanted to wish you all luck on your journey.

I've seen a few people asking questions and think I may be able to help.

If you have been unsuccessful in your interview, you will receive a notification on your UCAS within 10 days after your interview. You get asked 6 questions during interview & each Q is marked out of 10. The required benchmark score to pass the interview is 30 however, in order to receive an offer or to be considered for the reserve list, you must achieve at least 40 out of 60. If you have not heard anything from the university within 10 days after your interview, it means you have passed your interview but you are not guaranteed a place.

If you are unsuccessful, you can request your interview score and feedback.

I scored 35 at interview last year and received rejections in May. I was advised I was not on the reserve list as I did not score a minimum of 40. However, in the second week of October I received a phonecall from QUB offering me a place!! I think I must have received a place as the majority of people on QUB's reserve list had maybe accepted places for other uni's.

Hope this helps people and if you are unfortunate to receive an unsuccessful notification, please don't take it personally as the demand for places is extremely high with almost 900 applications for 104 full-time funded places.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ash-j08
Hi everyone, just wanted to wish you all luck on your journey.

I've seen a few people asking questions and think I may be able to help.

If you have been unsuccessful in your interview, you will receive a notification on your UCAS within 10 days after your interview. You get asked 6 questions during interview & each Q is marked out of 10. The required benchmark score to pass the interview is 30 however, in order to receive an offer or to be considered for the reserve list, you must achieve at least 40 out of 60. If you have not heard anything from the university within 10 days after your interview, it means you have passed your interview but you are not guaranteed a place.

If you are unsuccessful, you can request your interview score and feedback.

I scored 35 at interview last year and received rejections in May. I was advised I was not on the reserve list as I did not score a minimum of 40. However, in the second week of October I received a phonecall from QUB offering me a place!! I think I must have received a place as the majority of people on QUB's reserve list had maybe accepted places for other uni's.

Hope this helps people and if you are unfortunate to receive an unsuccessful notification, please don't take it personally as the demand for places is extremely high with almost 900 applications for 104 full-time funded places.

Thanks for this ash-j08... I doubt I would have scored 40 in my interview yesterday!! :s-smilie: did you share info between QUB and uu when you were applying last year?
I'm sure you were delighted to get that phonecall in October!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bailey12
Thanks for this ash-j08... I doubt I would have scored 40 in my interview yesterday!! :s-smilie: did you share info between QUB and uu when you were applying last year?
I'm sure you were delighted to get that phonecall in October!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately I did share information which I immediately regretted. I was so nervous about the whole process I didn't think I could have went through with 3 interviews.

Be positive about your interview, i cried the whole bus journey home after mine!!

Where was your interview for? Have you shared your info?
Original post by ash-j08
Unfortunately I did share information which I immediately regretted. I was so nervous about the whole process I didn't think I could have went through with 3 interviews.

Be positive about your interview, i cried the whole bus journey home after mine!!

Where was your interview for? Have you shared your info?

Lol!! You automatically just think of everything you should have said don't you!!

It was in queens, I shared info between universities though!!
Are you on the 2 or 3 year course? How you finding it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest