The Student Room Group

What makeup do you wear?

Scroll to see replies

I'm quite embarrassed that I wear a whole lot more than everyone else on here!

I'm a complete make-up junky though. I tend to switch up my make-up everyday too

Face: Foundation (MAC, Estee Lauder, Rimmel or Maybelline), Blush (Benefit or Sleek usually), Contour (NYX Taupe blush or Benefit Hoola), Highlighter (The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer, usually)

Eyes: Eyeshadow (Almost 100% Urban Decay - I have about 140914810951 eyeshadow palettes), Liquid Eyeliner (Rimmel or Illamasqua), Mascara (Nearly always Max Factor - Best ones in my opinion), Eyebrows (Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade)

Lips Lipstick or gloss. This could be literally any brand, I have all of them I think.

Believe it or not though, I'm not a complete cake face :biggrin:
Reply 201
I LOVE eyeliner. Can't really give the name though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophieSmall
Most foundations and primers will have an ingredients list on the back, if the first word is aqua it's water based, and if silicon it is silicon based.

Thanks for the recommendation, but other than rimmel and revlon no brands do a shade that matches me as so far as I have found (within price range).

Never used any benefit products, but yeah I definitely wouldn't pay that much for like a 30ml bottle. Not unless I knew for a fact it worked on me (since everyone is different) and it would last me at least a month or two

Sophie, how pale are you exactly? What shade are you in the Rimmel and Revlon foundations?
I use Bourjous 123 perfect CC cream, and then the max factor facefinity powder. I used to use Maybelline rocket mascara (it's amazing!) But I've layed of the mascara now as I'm going for a more natural look :smile: I always make sure my eyebrows are done with beauty UK eyebrow pencil, and NYX and MAC lipsticks are a must for me :biggrin:
Original post by XxSophie01xX

I'm a complete make-up junky though. I tend to switch up my make-up everyday too

Face: Foundation (MAC, Estee Lauder, Rimmel or Maybelline), Blush (Benefit or Sleek usually), Contour (NYX Taupe blush or Benefit Hoola), Highlighter (The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer, usually)

Eyes: Eyeshadow (Almost 100% Urban Decay - I have about 140914810951 eyeshadow palettes), Liquid Eyeliner (Rimmel or Illamasqua), Mascara (Nearly always Max Factor - Best ones in my opinion), Eyebrows (Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade)

Lips Lipstick or gloss. This could be literally any brand, I have all of them I think.

Omg I really wanna try the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade! Is it worth the money? And how long does it last you?
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
Omg I really wanna try the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade! Is it worth the money? And how long does it last you?

Hanya it's honestly amazing! I find a lot of brow products are terrible because the colour is never quite right - either too red or ashy. The colours actually look like real natural HAIR colour. I use an angled eyeliner brush and use small strokes and it makes my eyebrows look filled, but still natural. It lasts a long time too - my eyebrows don't move at all.

Would definitely recommend, especially as cheaper alternatives are usually poor. Usually the drugstore is good for make-up but not when it comes to brow products, in my opinion.
Hanya it's honestly amazing! I find a lot of brow products are terrible because the colour is never quite right - either too red or ashy. The colours actually look like real natural HAIR colour. I use an angled eyeliner brush and use small strokes and it makes my eyebrows look filled, but still natural. It lasts a long time too - my eyebrows don't move at all.

Would definitely recommend, especially as cheaper alternatives are usually poor. Usually the drugstore is good for make-up but not when it comes to brow products, in my opinion.

You've definitely convinced me! It's so hard to find a brow product that's right for you! Can't wait to try it out :biggrin:
You've definitely convinced me! It's so hard to find a brow product that's right for you! Can't wait to try it out :biggrin:

Let me know what you think of it! :biggrin:
Let me know what you think of it! :biggrin:

Will do!:biggrin: where do you buy it? I've seen it on cult beauty...
Will do!:biggrin: where do you buy it? I've seen it on cult beauty...

I got mine from beautybay.com - it's free delivery too!
I got mine from beautybay.com - it's free delivery too!

Awesome, thanks! I'll check it out :biggrin:
Sophie, how pale are you exactly? What shade are you in the Rimmel and Revlon foundations?

I get the lightest shade in both but they're still too dark so I mix them with keromask's white foundation mixer. Works pretty well.

Don't worry, I wear the same amount but without doing my eyebrows =D
Maybelline foundation but only on my dark circles under my eyes.
Mascara.
Tinted lip balm.

That's it! Anything more and I'd go bonkers. Can't be arsed with it. :eek:

Edit: having said that I prefer spending time painting my nails, because then I get to see them when I look at my hands and see a nice flash of colour.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Em_Huong
Don't worry, I wear the same amount but without doing my eyebrows =D

Glad to hear from my make-up obsessed sisters! :biggrin:

I think it's awesome you wear so much and it must look so great. If I was good at makeup (meaning if I knew how to do nice eyeshadow looks etc) I would so do that too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I keep my makeup for school toned down so I just like to have a flawless face, this is what I usually use:

Foundation: NARS Sheer Glow in 'Stromboli', Revlon Colorstay Oily/Combination in 300 but recently I've been LOVING L'Oreal True Match so so so much! Great coverage and so lightweight :smile: I use shade W4.

Concealer: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 03 (Medium Warm) for blemishes which I always have. Benefit Boi-ing under the eyes in Shade 03. Occasionally, I like to use Benefit FakeUp in Medium under my eyes to brighten them.

Brows: I got a brow powder from somewhere, I can't remember exactly where but it's great and it's a dark brown colour so looks so good. My brows are naturally thick though so I don't tend to fill them in.

Lipstick: I use Hourglass lipstick in Fresco which is a beaut toned down pink colour! But I REALLY love Lancome lipsticks in Shades 8 and 301, they're both pinks and not too vibrant but so so pretty.

If I'm going out I'll usually keep makeup the same but add a bronzer to contour and add a matte brown shade to my crease and a more out there lipstick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophieSmall
Rimmel Match Perfection Ivory liquid foundation, boots bare minerals cool powder, Maybelline volume express mascara and 2True Kohl black eyeliner.

I wear that exact foundation! (Same shade, too!)

Me, I often wear just a bit of that foundation, or if I cba then I wear Miss Sporty Matte Powder.

Eyes: Rimmel extra super lash mascara.

Lips: either Sephora's The Red, or Maybelline's cherry Baby Lips. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lauren-x-
I wear that exact foundation! (Same shade, too!)

Me, I often wear just a bit of that foundation, or if I cba then I wear Miss Sporty Matte Powder.

Eyes: Rimmel extra super lash mascara.

Lips: either Sephora's The Red, or Maybelline's cherry Baby Lips. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still find that shade too dark :frown: I mix it with a white foundation mixer
Original post by fairplaytoyou
I think it's awesome you wear so much and it must look so great. If I was good at makeup (meaning if I knew how to do nice eyeshadow looks etc) I would so do that too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw, thank you! I try to still make it as natural and sleek as possible. I've got like a phobia of bronzer as I'm so fair so I never look orange or patchy!

Quick Reply

Latest