The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia
Yeah it was more of a hypothetical :wink:

If we beat Monaco some of the meatheads on here will be like "I want to draw Madrid/Munich, we should be able to win the big games and show we deserve it". Chelsea will draw the Basel/Porto winner.

You're on a roll with the wittyness today Arkasia :lol:
Yeah I know you were joking haha, it's our turn tomorrow...hopefully we can be the first English side to win our game? Hopefully.
Original post by Arkasia
Where you would face your toughest test yet, I presume.

Bradford.

I love the attempt, but sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say 'well played, good Sir'.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
You're on a roll with the wittyness today Arkasia :lol:
Yeah I know you were joking haha, it's our turn tomorrow...hopefully we can be the first English side to win our game? Hopefully.

We will probably grind out a boring 1-1 draw, but hey, we could be worse, we could be Liverpool or Utd.

Original post by Stalin
I love the attempt, but sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say 'well played, good Sir'.

Reply 2183
How do we line up today?

Monaco won't be coming here for the win so they'll pay extra attention to their defense IMO, and will try to perhaps get a jammy goal.

I would really want to Jack for this game but I doubt it'll happen.

Probably be

Ospina
Bellerin Merta Kosc Monreal
Coq
Theo Ozil Santi Alexis
Giroud

Can see us playing a 4-1-4-1 today - essentially having 5 to defend and 5 to attack. Theo, Ozil, Santi, Alexis and giroud should be enough to break them down.
This is the most tinpot and small time thing I have ever seen. Spurs :lol: :lol:

http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2015/02/spurs-compile-downloadable-cup-final-party-kit-may-have-gone-too-far/

Original post by Arkasia
Where you would face your toughest test yet, I presume.

Bradford.

You can't play that card when your team has recently lost to Bradford too.
Original post by Numan786
I dont buy into this you have to be a 6'5+ keeper to be a good one. Ospina is a better shot stopper and has better reactions i'd say though hes probably slower. Look at Barthez whos the same height as Ospina. Are you telling me you'd pick Szcz over Barthez because he's taller?

No I wouldn't pick Scez over Barthez but Ospina isn't Barthez. Height is a significant factor for a keeper, it doesn't have any bearing on talent but it is an important attribute to have because it simply allows you to cover more space, make the goal look smaller. Regardless though, I'd pick Scez over Ospina because he's a better keeper with greater potential, consistency is the only thing holding Scez back, if he can maintain form throughout a season then he'd undoubtedly be our No.1 over Ospina.
1 or 2 nill to us seems likely, but to be honest, I would love the team to just go for it, and end the tie in the first leg.

I am happy that we will contain their attack well, so we just need sanchez and co to get it in gear up front, and should be no problem
Reply 2187
Same to be honest. I would like us to make a statement.. Even if we won't get far
Original post by SA-1
Same to be honest. I would like us to make a statement.. Even if we won't get far

in the scope of the competition, for me its either we destroy monaco - and have a chance at who we face next.. or narrowly beat monaco and go out in the QFs (and a loss against them speaks for itself)

Unless we get lucky, the next round we will face one of the big teams, and I do really think that if we destroy monaco and come in to the next round full of confidence, then we have a chance at causing an upset to a bigger team. - but these days we do not have the confidence to do it without coming in high on form and confidence
Original post by sr90
This is the most tinpot and small time thing I have ever seen. Spurs :lol: :lol:

http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2015/02/spurs-compile-downloadable-cup-final-party-kit-may-have-gone-too-far/

You can't play that card when your team has recently lost to Bradford too.

Spurs will be releasing a DVD even if they lose aha

To be fair, we lost to them on penalties, away from home. Chelsea lost a 2-0 lead at Stamford Bridge.
Original post by SA-1
How do we line up today?

Monaco won't be coming here for the win so they'll pay extra attention to their defense IMO, and will try to perhaps get a jammy goal.

I would really want to Jack for this game but I doubt it'll happen.

Probably be

Ospina
Bellerin Merta Kosc Monreal
Coq
Theo Ozil Santi Alexis
Giroud

Can see us playing a 4-1-4-1 today - essentially having 5 to defend and 5 to attack. Theo, Ozil, Santi, Alexis and giroud should be enough to break them down.

Cannot see us starting Walcott, Wenger will probably bring him on for Welbeck.
Original post by Arkasia
Spurs will be releasing a DVD even if they lose aha

To be fair, we lost to them on penalties, away from home. Chelsea lost a 2-0 lead at Stamford Bridge.

It gets worse btw.

all very cringe

Will be wierd cheering on spurs in a cup final.. but I really would rather them win then chelsea.

Nothing would please me more then seeing jose go another season without a trophy.. and hopefully wenger picking up the FA cup again..

that said, they will probably go and do a treble now with the CL, and we will be spanked out of the FA cup by united..
Original post by fallen_acorns
all very cringe

Will be wierd cheering on spurs in a cup final.. but I really would rather them win then chelsea.

Nothing would please me more then seeing jose go another season without a trophy.. and hopefully wenger picking up the FA cup again..

that said, they will probably go and do a treble now with the CL, and we will be spanked out of the FA cup by united..

You ****ing what?
Reply 2194
all very cringe

I want to agree with you, I really don't want Mourinho to win anything this season just to see his reaction but I don't know if I can physically cheer for spurs :eek: I just can't

Wouldn't mind Chelsea winning the CC cup, if its the only thing the end up winning :rolleyes:
Reply 2195
Why is Welbz being preferred over Theo? Is it the work rate?
My prediction is 1 - 0 Arsenal. Monaco have conceded the least goals in the Ligue 1 and CL this season so I can't see us scoring a lot they will play for a draw but I think we have enough to score at least 1 goal at home.
Original post by Stalin
You ****ing what?

you would rather chelsea win?

Either way its a loose-loose game.. but id rather spurs pick it up, win as the underdog, then it becomes just another notch in joses belt
I would rather Chelsea win. The league cup is not a big deal for them and they know it.

If spurs win, it'll be a huge achievement for them and they'll go on and on about it. You're not from London, right?
Original post by sr90
It gets worse btw.

So pathetic.

all very cringe

You know, you don't have to cheer a team on every time a game is being played. I want neither team to win, so I will be cheering neither on, and whatever outcome happens, I will be annoyed.

Original post by SA-1
Why is Welbz being preferred over Theo? Is it the work rate?

Work-rate, form, and increased sense of defensive duties.

Latest